Cleveland Releases Black Irons

Well I will just have to give them a try. It would be great if you have these at the THP demo day WITH the Miyazaki shaft as well as the steel. You know how we love Miyazaki shafts so maybe Cleveland will be nice enough to send us both.

They will be there.

Those irons as my 14yld would say Look Beast.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I love that they included the new Miyazaki graphite shaft as an option for these irons. I'm not crazy about the pics, but I'll reserve judgement till I see in hand pics or in person. Cleveland sure has some nice releases right now.

Lol.. I may be gaming these way before the outing... Miyazaki graphite shafts???? I would to see how they perform and handle some higher spinner guys like myself.

Lol.. I may be gaming these way before the outing... Miyazaki graphite shafts???? I would to see how they perform and handle some higher spinner guys like myself.

now there's a surprise.

Not sure who the innovative force is at Cleveland/Srixon but they sure are doing a lot of things right.

now there's a surprise.

I smash my C Kua in the Mashie... And in my 310.... seems like a logical step. Iron shafts are just so hit and miss for me though.

I smash my C Kua in the Mashie... And in my 310.... seems like a logical step. Iron shafts are just so hit and miss for me though.

I'd be up for trying those shafts. I love the flight I get in the Mashie. Hit it a couple of times on Saturday and hit it great both times. I'm one of those weirdos that doesn't pull/hook the mashie:glasses-nerdy:

I'd be up for trying those shafts. I love the flight I get in the Mashie. Hit it a couple of times on Saturday and hit it great both times. I'm one of those weirdos that doesn't pull/hook the mashie:glasses-nerdy:

Hahaha, I'd also be curious how easy they are to swing. If its anything like the Mashie... a lot of people would be very happy I think.

I'm with ya brother I am sooo intrigued with these.

I wasn't planning on replacing my Adams iron set, but as I've already decided I need a Cleveland driver and wedges, these seem like they would be a good fit! I've never hit an iron with a graphite shaft, and to tell you the truth, I don't know what the difference is. I do have the Ultralight 3w with a Miyazaki shaft and love it, but I'm not sure how it would work on an iron.

I can't wait to see a price point, but the more I think about these the more I think I'm looking for a fitting and a new set. Not that I need them at all, the x22's have been good to me since I bought them a year ago. I just want them!

earlier in the thread JB stated that this is a new line of irons but not replacing the CG16's so I am guessing these will be in the SGI catergory

I'd be willing to bet you will love a nice graphite shaft TMex:miyazaki:

There are already 10 pages of comments, so I apologize if asked already, but I've never hit any Cleveland irons. I'm sure people who have them in their bag will be somewhat biased, but how do they usually compare to the other major OEMs? I've heard their woods are great, but never really heard about irons. Obviously you can't judge these ones, but what are peoples' specific thoughts on their irons in general?

Last edited:
There are already 10 pages of comments, so I apologize if asked already, but I've never hit any Cleveland irons. I'm sure people who have them in their bag will be somewhat biased, but how do they usually compare to the other major OEMs? I've heard their woods are great, but never really heard about irons. Obviously you can't judge these ones, but what are peoples' specific thoughts on their irons in general?

Fantastic irons. CG7's were one of my favorite GI irons from a feel perspective. I mean if you can make a great wedge you can make a great iron.:thumb:

There are tons of reviews on their different lines on THP.
Including tons of THP Demo Day reviews.

These are sweet but can they knock my CG7 Black Pearls out of my bag? Only time will tell......

I just put their CG16s in my bag this summer. This was after trying out the TM Burner 2.0, Mizuno JPX-800, Callaway Razr X, Titleist AP1, Nike Pro Cavity and Adams Redline. I just really liked the feel, distance, looks of the Clevelands... Just the whole package I guess. Best thing to do is try 'em out yourself! :thumb:

I just missed looking at this thread. Ill be very curious to see how many people switch from steel to graphite just because of the C Kua offering....

I was thinking the same thing man....
I just missed looking at this thread. Ill be very curious to see how many people switch from steel to graphite just because of the C Kua offering....

It will be interesting. Also will be interesting to what effect they have on distance and control. It appears to be a very light irons shaft comparitively.

It will be interesting. Also will be interesting to what effect they have on distance and control. It appears to be a very light irons shaft comparitively.

Based on my experience with a legit graphite iron shaft, distance and control should be about what you're use to buddy. But be prepared for some awesome feel and some smooth transition.

I was thinking the same thing man....

Usually when you hear C Kua you just think bad @ss shaft, in most cases. Having them in your irons I think could just put the confidence level over the top for some. I just wonder what type of shot they'll give me. Not only that, but how bad @ss do they look???

Back