Club Twirling Drives Me NUTS!!

No_Three_Jacks

Amateur around scratch
Reaction score
Handicap
Have you seen these guys? They twirl the club on every shot at the range and on the course. EVERY FREAKING SHOT. They twirl it and slide it by their side like its a sword. OMG I cant stand it. I can understand on a 320 yd bomb or hitting a 6 iron to a foot, but give it a rest. 240 yds and lands in the rough (twirl). SW hits pin high and spins off the green (twirl). Am I just ranting too much or are other ppl annoyed by this?

Last edited:
I like to twirl and then swing it around with a mid-swing twirl.

This made me laugh. I'm not really annoyed by it though, but I have seen it quite a bit. Probably even been "that guy" at times. lol

Might be a habit? Who knows?

I can understand twirling it after you hit a great shot, or bomb one down the middle. But twirling it at the driving range?

You are describing Rory McIlroy word for word on that description. It doesnt annoy me, I do it sometimes just without thinking so its not a big deal.

I like to do the twirl in my backswing just to show off my incredible ball striking ability. hehehehe

It's just a habit that is probably deeply ingrained. Mine range from doing the same, tapping my head with the shaft after a dumb hit, and picking my nose! :p

I don't know where twirling the club started, but first time I ever saw it was on the video "Golf MY Way" by Jack Nicklaus.

too funny

It never bothered me to see anyone do it anytime. I guess most of the time I don't really notice because if it's a tee shot, I am watching the shot, and if it's down the hole somewhere, we're probably in different places. If not, I'm watching their shot there too.

Simple fix to this,don't watch them.Just stand off to side and watch down hole for ball in air. If you do this,then noting will ever bother you again.

I have never noticed the club twirl but Im sure I will now. Im sure it will drive me crazy as well. I play with a guy now and then that has a 10 second waggle on every hit and I go insane. I bet he twirls to. LOL

*twirls*

255351_o.gif

I like to throw mine up in the air like a flag twirler.

I've been known to sheath the putter as a sword after a great putt. Either that or the "Shooooter" from Happy Gilmore.

With a lot of golfers I like it as you can kinda tell they think they hit a good shot, a little body language is nice

Angry people on the golf course bother me more than club twirlers.

If I could the ball as well as they do; I would be twirling also.

Angry people on the golf course bother me more than club twirlers.

+1000 I hate watching angry people or playing with them. I don't twirl but it doesn't bother me, never really noticed it to be a problem.

+1000 I hate watching angry people or playing with them. I don't twirl but it doesn't bother me, never really noticed it to be a problem.

I mean, I understand needing a moment or two to calm down, but man.... To many angry people for me anymore.

I have you seen these guys? They twirl the club on every shot at the range and on the course. EVERY FREAKING SHOT. They twirl it and slide it by their side like its a sword. OMG I cant stand it. I can understand on a 320 yd bomb or hitting a 6 iron to a foot, but give it a rest. 240 yds and lands in the rough (twirl). SW hits pin high and spins off the green (twirl). Am I just ranting too much or are other ppl annoyed by this?

Wow, if that's all it takes to get under your skin I bet your a real joy to play with.

I mean, I understand needing a moment or two to calm down, but man.... To many angry people for me anymore.

I usually stop trying if I am paired with someone like that...but sometimes I like to really step my game up if they try to give me pointers

I'm jealous of the twirl. I've tried it a few times and each time I've knocked myself in the head. Now I just marvel at the twirling. :D

I'm jealous of the twirl. I've tried it a few times and each time I've knocked myself in the head. Now I just marvel at the twirling. :D

Ha - that was funny! Practice it next weekend for us all to see!!

Back