Club Twirling Drives Me NUTS!!

Doesn't bother me at all, rarely ever see it done. I did like watching Chi Chi in the day do his sword routine after a good putt, but have not seen it done much by people playing with me.

Twirling is awesome. Only awesome people do it.

Tiger just twirled and it went into the bunker. :confused:

---
- Tappin' from my iPad in support of Team Hackers!

I'm not annoyed, except when other people keep talking about it. Particularly when watching golf on TV. Rickie Fowler twirls the club, he must like it. Rory McIlroy twirls the club. Ok, I can see it on TV, I don't need people interpreting the 'club twirl' for me.

This dosen't bother me but I guess that's because I don't see it too often.

I do it because it's a habit type of thing. See Phil before his shots.

Doesn't bother me at all, rarely ever see it done. I did like watching Chi Chi in the day do his sword routine after a good putt, but have not seen it done much by people playing with me.

I always enjoyed watching Chi chi too.

I've never noticed anyone doing it myself. I have noticed Ole Gray taking big sniffs when he hits a good drive. I call him Barney Fife when he does it. :D

I've never noticed anyone doing it myself. I have noticed Ole Gray taking big sniffs when he hits a good drive. I call him Barney Fife when he does it. :D

So surprised when he hits a good one that he messes his pants, huh? :D

---
- Tappin' from my iPad in support of Team Hackers!

Wow, if that's all it takes to get under your skin I bet your a real joy to play with.

Ouch. I just find it annoying. Like Slow drivers in the left lane. Its not like I turn green and flip the cart over

I like to twirl and then swing it around with a mid-swing twirl.

Lets not get into your night life sir...

I am so sorry but as a former baton twirler in marching band this is a habit I will have a hard time breaking but will try so that you might save your sanity. Does anyone know if there is a twelve step program that I might use to help me out?

Kidding of course but yeah I'm with you, have definitely seen some over the top twirling on the course, good luck on getting anyone to quit until the likes of Rory and the other young pros stop it.

I'm going to do some epic club twirls in the Morgan Cup, like big freaking on camera club twirls, after ever shot, especially putts.

Are we talking spinning or twirling? When I think twirling I think of a high school drill team or Neal Peart during his drum solo. If its spinning I think I do it not to show off or anything. Just a habit now and again. I can't think of any real meaning behind it. If it's twirling like a drumstick I'd probably hurt myself.

Doesn't bother me. Most people I golf with, myself included, rarely have time to twirl the club after contact. We are too busy watching the ball and trying to remember which tree it's under.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen somebody twirl a club at my home course or any course I've played at. So really, it wouldn't be a big deal to me

I don't twirl, I hold the finish. Much less chance of failure there.

The twirls don't bug me unless the person is going out of their way to be ostentatious. Then it might get annoying. I actually twirl my putter as I walk from behind my putt to setting up next to it. Just a small one, but it has become a habit that bothers me if I don't do it. Stupid mental game. I never twirl a regular club; if I celebrate a good hole, I do a little fist pump after picking the ball out of the hole. I never celebrate a good shot until it results in a good score on a hole. I get razzed about it too.

I don't twirl.

But I HAVE occasionally done some air guitar windmills with my 8-iron while shouting, "I'm a f***in' rock star!" after a chip-in. :guitar:

Does that count?

I don't twirl.

But I HAVE occasionally done some air guitar windmills with my 8-iron while shouting, "I'm a f***in' rock star!" after a chip-in. :guitar:

Does that count?

I think it's a close second

This doesn't annoy me unless it's paired with the guy who holds his pose for an hour. He poses till the ball lands then twirls his club when people say 'good shot'. ugh.

Holy crap, I've been trying to figure out a good way to twirl the club and let club glide gracefully to the ground ... but all I end up doing is having the club head crack against one of my knuckles!

Now I just pirouette.

(Honestly, I don't really watch other people on the range except for the kids under 12 who are striping it and the rare good looking woman ... and then I'm too busy trying not to stare. :loser:

This doesn't annoy me unless it's paired with the guy who holds his pose for an hour. He poses till the ball lands then twirls his club when people say 'good shot'. ugh.

I love that guy! Generally plays blades and has a titleist visor on.

I twirl in my sleep

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

I have the habit of 'twirling' my clubs a few times before my shots.

Back