Cobra AEROJET Hybrid and Fairway Woods

Is that sparkly on the crown towards the face? That and the white on the bottom is actually a turn off for me. There is a pic with a blacked out bottom, would be cool if that's an option across the board, though not the most important.
There is a bit of sparkle to it. I don’t mind it.

Eh, strange choice IMO. But that is without seeing it in person. I could see it looking better than images.

"Raw Finish Thin Ply Carbon Fiber is 30% thinner"

Does this mean 30% thinner than their carbon fiber used previously?
Yes, the thin ply carbon without finish they’re using is 30% thinner.

Agreed, it’s a pretty slick look. I’ve never been afraid of a little old school metal flake.

Yes, the thin ply carbon without finish they’re using is 30% thinner.
I'd be curious what this actually means for weight savings to move around since carbon fiber is so light in general.

I'd be curious what this actually means for weight savings to move around since carbon fiber is so light in general.
Every gram, and even partial gram, is a huge amount when it comes to how precisely these companies are shifting and placing weight, ya know?

These are the ones I was most looking forward to reading about, since this spot in my bag is a white hot mess. I'm particularly hoping these hybrids are the shizzle.

Good stuff, @Jman.

Every gram, and even partial gram, is a huge amount when it comes to how precisely these companies are shifting and placing weight, ya know?
Yeah I'll agree with a handful of grams. There's gonna be some differences due to manufacturing tolerances in at least partial grams if not a little more. I'm not discrediting the tech of the clubs, I bet they're fantastic and hope to hit them at some point. You can always tell when it's a little more marketing when only percentages are given though IMO. I just always want as many details as possible for that type of stuff to paint the whole picture.

Honestly, listening to Jose talk about these fairways, what I saw with the LS 3W makes a lot of sense. And it's why I don't play another companies 3W, but am considering both in a 5W type setup. I want the deep face and compact shape, but the lower launch and spin is just really low for me without more static loft. This will be my most complicated decision of the year I think.

Eh, strange choice IMO. But that is without seeing it in person. I could see it looking better than images.

I think some of that is lighting. Dark bay with a spot light.

Honestly, listening to Jose talk about these fairways, what I saw with the LS 3W makes a lot of sense. And it's why I don't play another companies 3W, but am considering both in a 5W type setup. I want the deep face and compact shape, but the lower launch and spin is just really low for me without more static loft. This will be my most complicated decision of the year I think.
The LS….it calls to me.

It seems like every OEM is going to this carbon crown look. First noticed it with Tour Edge.

The LS….it calls to me.
If I had the swings in me I'd do a 5w as 4w battle between the LS and the new thing coming with more red like right now.

If I had the swings in me I'd do a 5w as 4w battle between the LS and the new thing coming with more red like right now.
Do it for America. 🤣🤣🤣

@drp3434 brought up the sound of the driver in the other thread. A video that was highly produced kind of threw him. I have one of my first shot with the driver in that thread, so I'll throw a quick sound cutup of the LS Fairway in her for anyone that's interesting.

I enjoy the sound of these FWs.

All those should be in the mid 160s BS range.

@drp3434 brought up the sound of the driver in the other thread. A video that was highly produced kind of threw him. I have one of my first shot with the driver in that thread, so I'll throw a quick sound cutup of the LS Fairway in her for anyone that's interesting.

I enjoy the sound of these FWs.

That sounds really good

If it looks like last years LS model (which it kind of does to me except black instead of blue) I think it looks classy

I'll be interested in trying the one length hybrids, have a spot needing help in that area of the bag.

20230109_134342.jpg

20230109_135437.jpg

I assume thats a fitting head, don't want guys thinking these are adjustable when they are not
Yes that's a fitting head. Cobras fitting setup for hybrids is a little unique, to me.

Yes that's a fitting head. Cobras fitting setup for hybrids is a little unique, to me.
I’m always tempted to get them when they hit eBay the following year but not sure they are strictly USGA legal 😂

I'm excited to hit both these versions the core and ls model. I prefer a smaller headshape and last year the 5w LS beat out the 3w for the spot in the bag. Very curious to see how it shakes out this year.

I'm excited to hit both these versions the core and ls model. I prefer a smaller headshape and last year the 5w LS beat out the 3w for the spot in the bag. Very curious to see how it shakes out this year.
Same. I generally prefer the smaller look, but will obviously go with what works best

Back