Cobra AEROJET Hybrid and Fairway Woods

I don't know if I've ever hit a Cobra hybrid or fairway wood. How crazy is that to say. Time to change that.
The hybrids were my favorite club from my MC bag and it looks like they have only gotten better.

My only complaint with them was they are slightly upright. I understand why but I struggled with left misses. So much greatness going on at Cobra right now.
and that's why I think I get along so well with them

Pretty neat Cobra is sharing the specs of how the lie changes by settings
1673304814541.png

Same. I generally prefer the smaller look, but will obviously go with what works best
fwiw the standard heads are not large at all

And the max has less cc than standard if I recall from the specs, not that volume always drives how we perceive it at address

The LS 3W on course. Threw last year's Tensei 75X in it. Sound is good out there, it's a pretty hot flight. Good adjustability with the weights and hosel. I had swapped the weights at this point, and saw immediate effect. Then turned it up a bit after and the flight was pretty money. Able to move it around pretty easy. I definitely think a 5 turned down might work well for me.

Probably it for me for a couple days. I'm swung out.

Last edited:
I seriously got it and the LS mixed up a couple times in hand when looking at the bottom. They're very close.

Last edited:
The bridge tech all the way thru to hybrids, huh!?

20230109_230924.jpg

Keyword head weight.

Another great write up @Jman! And another beautiful club from Cobra!

So are the baffler rails gone on the 5W and 7W now too?

Ooh, these look nice. Really like the looks of the hybrids. I dig the shape a lot in the pictures.

I've always gotten along well with Cobra FW's, the hybrids not so much. The appearance and tech in these look really nice. I kind of wish they'd kept the rails on higher lofted ones, for me they seemed to work. Obviously testing will tell the truth.

It seems like the hybrids are quite a bit larger in size than LTDx, could just be the photos though.

I'll need to hit these at some point.

The local shop isn't sure they will get 5w fitting heads with shaft options.

The LTDx Max 3w with the UST Proforce V2 has been a better match that the HZRDUS Smoke iM10 in it. Hearing that, would anyone have suggestions on what shaft to give a go with in a 5W?

The local shop isn't sure they will get 5w fitting heads with shaft options.

The LTDx Max 3w with the UST Proforce V2 has been a better match that the HZRDUS Smoke iM10 in it. Hearing that, would anyone have suggestions on what shaft to give a go with in a 5W?
LinQ Black 8F5 go Hulk Smash.

Another great write-up James.

It's been years since I've hit a Cobra hybrid. Looks like that will change next month.

Just watched the TXG video with Jose. Wow. The sound is phenomenal on these fairway woods!

I’ve revisited this OL hybrid. Not sure I have a spot for it in my bag but it just screams FUN.

I missed that these had adjustable hosels on all lofts. Sound was very good @OldandStiff

Hope my local shop has a fairway or two to hit when I swing by today.

I actually thought the Rad fairways were better than the LTDx, so I’m also eager to hit this release and see just what the PWR-BRIDGE does for a fairway.
The LTDx 3 wood lofted up to 16.5 paired with a Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S shaft is the best 3 wood I’ve ever had. It is my favorite of all the Morgan Cup clubs that I put in the bag.

If the Aerojet is better I will be very impressed.

I absolutely loved the Ltdx 3w, just hit it so well off the tee that it almost replaced the driver for a lot of the season. But these just look super charged, I can't wait to hit them. I'm not a huge fan of the gloss look on the top, I'm a matte guy through and through but that could be seen past.

Hybrids will remain to be seen, the King Tec is an absolute staple of my bag now, but for some reason I never really hit it off too much with the Ltdx hybrid. Whether it be club, shaft or player I don't know, but I'm excited to see if I gel with this any better. Cobra are getting some incredible clubs out!
Definitely prefer the matte finish as well.

The LTDx 5 hybrid has really come to life for me with a shaft change.

327B994B-1E61-487F-8C90-258677DFD726.jpeg

Back