Cobra AEROJET Hybrid and Fairway Woods

I hit the best shots with my 5W and 5H Sunday that I’ve hit with them. On #7, a par 4 playing 355, I hit the AJ 5W off the tee. I play it -1°, at 17°. The shot had a beautiful high ball flight with a small bit of draw at the end, leaving 127. I couldn’t have placed the ball any more in the middle of the fairway if I had dropped it there.

On 16, our longest par 3 that was playing 219 a little downhill to a back left pin, I played the 5H to the middle of the green. I ended up just off the back of the green a little right of center. My pitch mark was 6 steps from where the came to rest. I was astonished at the height of the shot. I dropped a second ball and hit another very nice shot. Same height with about 10 feet of fade to the right side of the green. That shot was several yards short of the first but stopped quicker.

I’ve struggled with my swing hitting fairways and hybrids. When I swing even just decently, these clubs, and the 7 W, perform very well. I love the height of the shots. It’s not a ballooning flight, the ball has good carry. Like the AJ driver, these clubs have tremendous forgiveness across the face.

I believe the 4H will be going back in the bag for the next round. I have had three rounds where I struggled with my 4i off the tee. I want to make sure I get in play, so it’s time to make a change.

5w has cooled off just a bit for me but it’s still there when needed which is nice to know
IMG_2096.jpeg

I got a few swings in with the AJ Max 3 wood today and I can't really complain with the results. I mishit one and that did cost me a stroke, but I was asking a lot of the club and myself on that one. Downhill lie, needing 200 or so yards of carry over water. Caught it thin and came up short. My other shots put me in good position, but my swing felt a little off today, so all the credit goes to the AJ Max for anything good that happened. That was probably my last round before the Morgan Cup, but should be able to get in another range session and I'll spend some more time with the 3 wood. It's honestly just a fantastic fairway wood and I have been using it more and more on the course.

The AJ 3 hybrid I only hit once, but I was pretty far out on a par 5 into the wind, sitting in the rough and needed to get the ball to at least short iron range. The AJ hybrid did exactly what I needed. Like the 3 wood, I'm starting to get a little more comfortable with it and have been finding myself looking for excuses to hit it on the course.

Fairway woods and hybrids have easily been the most difficult clubs for me to hit and the fact that I'm excited about hitting these on the course where every stroke counts, says a lot about how good they are.

The 4 hybrid has arrived back with a similar shaft I have been using. I love the head and it will be a work horse for me

I was not sure I would be able to replace the LTDx hybrid. I loved that club so much and didnt think the AeroJet would end up replacing it.
After use, for quite some time, the replacement is cemented. Its crazy going data point for data point using the same shaft, grip and loft and lie being identical.
I get 3 mph more ball speed. I get 3/4 degree more launch and it spins about 200 more for me. It adds up to about another five yards.

Where the separation really comes from, is that I believe it is a more forgiving design for steeper players. That usually leads to some up and down misses on the face and the ball speed is nearly identical. Impressive so far.

I was not sure I would be able to replace the LTDx hybrid. I loved that club so much and didnt think the AeroJet would end up replacing it.
After use, for quite some time, the replacement is cemented. Its crazy going data point for data point using the same shaft, grip and loft and lie being identical.
I get 3 mph more ball speed. I get 3/4 degree more launch and it spins about 200 more for me. It adds up to about another five yards.

Where the separation really comes from, is that I believe it is a more forgiving design for steeper players. That usually leads to some up and down misses on the face and the ball speed is nearly identical. Impressive so far.
Very impressive with everything being equal!

I love this 5w man. I struggled hitting the driver last Saturday morning and was a bit apprehensive going in to alt shot with @KY Golfer
I pulled the 5w on the first tee and roped one. Pulled it again on 5 and we only had about 20 yards to the green after the tee shot.
Every time it’s called upon it seems to perform and I love knowing I can depend on it

Took my AeroJet 5w LS for a spin at the range today after it being closed for overseeding. This is the best club I have purchased in a long time. I have so much more confidence in the bag in this spot now. I spent time really trying to get some different shapes and it was working like a champ. So easy and fun to hit.

Alright this is the other tough one. I was pretty candid in the lead up and ordering that this is a big spot in my bag. I go driver to 5W, so that 5W needs to do a lot. And well. And we were kind of in consensus that neither the Standard or LS was a great fit for me.

So let's just say I suck. Or that I suck relative to the ridiculous demands I put on this spot. The LS gets me in some number windows I want, but it's a seriously small head in some ways. Both in head size over the ball, and face depth. And it shows up. Like I said I suck. And when I'm in our rough or trying to hit certain shots or really have to go after it little misses can get some tough results. It's just a little harder to control in that regard.

It's fast, it is low spin, it's little, and I tend to only be able to hit one type of shot with it. Which added up to it really creeping into my confidence with it in hand. Especially when not at my best. So this one's getting a break and will be revisited when things with me are a little more sorted. We'll see where that goes

And having seen the next lineup things are only getting better every year, so regardless of how this one ends up the next will get a long look at the bag too.

I roasted my Aerojet 3W today. One time it was off the base of a pine tree, and the second was where I wanted it to go. I am hitting this club a ton.

The Aerojet Max 3 wood has put me in good position on par 5s recently. Getting so much closer to the green on my second shot has been making it easier to walk away with easy pars. It’s also save me when I’ve topped or popped up a tee shot here and there.

The Aerojet 3 hybrid saved me on one hole today. Topped tee shot left me about 285 out. 3 hybrid out of the rough for a solid 220 yards and I was able to walk away with an easy bogey that could’ve easily been a double or worse.

Played this past Saturday with some other forum members and shot my best score of the year, 88, breaking 90 for the first time this year and the Aerojet Max 5w was the star of the show. We played Penn National's Iron Forge course from the blue tees (playing around 6600 yards) which I would usually consider just a touch long for me, but I was game for it. The Aerojet driver kept me in play all day which was great, but some not so great strikes left me with a lot of long approaches and the Aerojet Max 5w (and 7w) really shined, I ended up hitting 44% GIR's and there were a few holes where @PPFour12 and I were laughing cause I mishit my Driver a touch, and then would just nuke my 5w really hitting the 5w off the deck better than driver off the tee. Love these clubs, it will take a lot to knock the Aerojet woods out of my bag.

Played this past Saturday with some other forum members and shot my best score of the year, 88, breaking 90 for the first time this year and the Aerojet Max 5w was the star of the show. We played Penn National's Iron Forge course from the blue tees (playing around 6600 yards) which I would usually consider just a touch long for me, but I was game for it. The Aerojet driver kept me in play all day which was great, but some not so great strikes left me with a lot of long approaches and the Aerojet Max 5w (and 7w) really shined, I ended up hitting 44% GIR's and there were a few holes where @PPFour12 and I were laughing cause I mishit my Driver a touch, and then would just nuke my 5w really hitting the 5w off the deck better than driver off the tee. Love these clubs, it will take a lot to knock the Aerojet woods out of my bag.

The Aerojet woods should never leave your bag!!

I continue to find great success with this hybrid. I play the 4 and have for about a year. Such a good ball flight and one of my recent rounds, I missed the center by nearly a full inch towards the toe and got virtually the same distance I typically expect and the ball curved just a tiny amount towards the left. It was as impressive a showing of hybrid forgiveness as I can remember.

I still don’t practice with these like I should, but the 3 wood in particular has been seeing more use on the course lately. Yesterday it put me in good position on a par 5 and earlier this week it saved me after a poor tee shot. That one left me with a forced carry of about 210 over a pond. 3 wood cleared it and I ended making par on a tough hole. Even though I don’t have a good swing with the fairway wood, it launches easily and gives me good distance, despite the fact that I’m not hitting the center of the face.

Hybrid has gotten some use too, but it’s been more of a rescue club. It’s definitely saved me a few times though.

Bought a LS 5W today to mess around with this winter. The head shape on it is unique among fairways. It’s just a hair bigger than my UW. Hit a couple when I got home and man it flies high. I like!!

Bought a LS 5W today to mess around with this winter. The head shape on it is unique among fairways. It’s just a hair bigger than my UW. Hit a couple when I got home and man it flies high. I like!!
Played yesterday and hit this a few times. Seems to be really nice setting above my 19* UW. I like!!!

Doing some work with the AeroJet hybrid and continue to think its one of the best hybrids on the market currently.
Looks good, feels powerful, very forgiving, especially laterally and is straight long!

Played some yesterday and hit 2 bombs with my 5W. For a LS and also having it tuned down to 16.5* I am shocked at how high this flies. It just goes and goes. I’m seeing about 220 total distance when I hit it well which is about 10 yards further than my TSI2 4W it is knocking out of my bag. The smaller head shape is also very pleasing to my eye.

Played yesterday and hit this a few times. Seems to be really nice setting above my 19* UW. I like!!!
what loft setting did you turn it to?

EDIT: see your last post now

Last edited:
Still loving this 5W it’s a phenomenal shape. Curious about the new Darkspeed with titanium but will have to wait for a bit with the price tag. No problem keeping on keeping on with the Aerojet though, it’s a lot of fun as my longest non driver club.

I found this version of the 3w LS to be far more playable for me off the deck than previously. The glossy carbon fiber crown looks great behind the ball and I am able to elevate it fairly easily. However looking at Shot Scope stats Its not as good for me as the 5w. Decisions need to be made going forward as to bag makeup. Maybe its something that changes throughout the year. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't already looking forward to trying the titanium Darkspeed version. Needs to happen soon.

I haven't hit the AJ Max 3 wood in a bit, but decided to go for glory on a par 5 this evening. Wasn't my best swing, but the AJ Max 3 wood with the UST Helium shaft just launches the ball. From just over 240, I ended up just right of the green. One of the best shots I've hit with a fairway wood and all the credit has to go to the club because the swing felt terrible. In any case, I managed to get my short game act together for a change and chipped it in for EAGLE! I'm not dropping eagles, so I was SUPER excited about it. It's safe to say at this point that this is my favorite fairway wood ever.

Went to the range today as I really wanted to spend time with the 5w LS. My stats are saying my right to left dispersion on this club is pretty bad so I wanted to dial it in a little. Man do I love hitting this club still. I am trying to get a little cut swing going and this thing was money. I started to work on a little takeaway trigger and I am liking what I am seeing with this club. So much fun.

Back