Cobra Golf Long Tom Driver Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This arrived at THP HQ for some testing and we wanted to show you guys some of the features. This is the "raw" version and is very interesting looking.

Dang JB. The raw version is unique for sure. Cant wait to see how you hit a shaft that long. Thanks for the preview video.

Color me VERY intrigued. I actually like the raw look.

Thanks for the video THP!! Unique for sure - you must be getting this on the LM tomorrow, right? :D

Was the 500 models just for the raw or the Long Tom finished version as well? Guessing it is raw but wanted to make sure.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Wow man that thing looked cool raw like that, I bet you would get some serious distance if you hit it on the button, to bad its going to be next to impossible to control lol. Thanks for the video THP

Will it rust?

Not a fan of it to be honest. But would be interested in hitting it. I like the silver bottom though.

I like the raw look. Can't say I like the 4 foot tall driver though.

I imagine I would be chunking a lot of shots with this at 48". That is a ridiculous length, but I am intrigued. I'm sure this will get a fair amount of attention at demo day should it be there.

I would love to see what I could do with that. I have swung my Diablo on the comp at 132 club speed. I dont do that when I play because all control is out the window. Im sure if i could figure out how to harness the speed and keep a good swing path I would freaking destroy balls with this club. I pulled one full on swing on the course once. I did have to yell fore as i cleared a dog leg and the trees separtating the next hole over. I rolled under a guys cart. He actually came over and said wtf did I hit that ball with and wasnt mad at all.

I like the raw look of the driver head. I am intrigued by this clubs but I dunno if I would be able to hit it very well.

I bet I could hit 250 yard bombs with this bad boy:bomb:

I like the raw look. Can't say I like the 4 foot tall driver though.

I think I am going to stand near you at the outing when you demo this driver out. I would like to see it standing next to you.

I think I am going to stand near you at the outing when you demo this driver out. I would like to see it standing next to you.

CL is the driver taller than you?

i think i am going to stand near you at the outing when you demo this driver out. I would like to see it standing next to you.
bwaaaahahahahahahahaha

I'm going to wear bright colors so no one picks me up:bulgy-eyes:

I think the raw look is interesting. 48 inch shaft would be fun to try out. Who knows if it would be controllable or not. I still think the name Long Tom is boring.

Man I could pound that thing over the first green on the New Course at Grand Cypress! Heck with going right with it ,,,just drive the green .lol

This will be an interesting testing for you JB. Can't wait to hear what you think after taking it to the range!

Man the more I look the more I like the raw look. Really like it. The driver looks nice but that shaft length is ridiculous

Man the more I look the more I like the raw look. Really like it. The driver looks nice but that shaft length is ridiculous

Chunk would have to get on stilts to hit that thing, wait he is suppose to play on stilts so here is your chance Chunk LOL...

Really, really like the look of the raw finish.

4 feet of driver, that is just crazy. That's taller than some of the posters here...:bananadance:

Chunk would have to get on stilts to hit that thing, wait he is suppose to play on stilts so here is your chance Chunk LOL...

Plan on doing the stilts soon. This driver would be perfect for that. On a personal note, I think I could hit this pretty well for some reason

I don't know how many people remember the old "Killer Bee" drivers that were around many years ago...not the newer ones...but the first edition ones had a 48" shaft in them, one of the Senior Tour guys, Rocky Thompson, played it and his son was one of my golf buddies...I swung it a few times and sprayed it all over the place.

you really have to flatten out your swing to play one of these things.

I wanna see some video of you hitting it JB!

Back