Cobra Golf Long Tom Driver Preview

I don't know how many people remember the old "Killer Bee" drivers that were around many years ago...not the newer ones...but the first edition ones had a 48" shaft in them, one of the Senior Tour guys, Rocky Thompson, played it and his son was one of my golf buddies...I swung it a few times and sprayed it all over the place.

you really have to flatten out your swing to play one of these things.

I wanna see some video of you hitting it JB!

I got a flat swing! I bet I could test this sucker real good for ya!

I like the look of the raw. 48'' Wow. It is more than likely to long for me being that I am 5'7'' but I would love to swing it a few times.

That's an obscene amount of drive right there. Thanks for the great video guys. It looks like it'll be a sessy driver when finished. I doubt I'll ever swing one but it's still pretty cool.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Im not a fan of the Raw look, but I am SO psyched about this. I hit some of the biggest drives of my life today and I want more.

EDIT: Does it have that "Cobra" sound?

Im not a fan of the Raw look, but I am SO psyched about this. I hit some of the biggest drives of my life today and I want more.

EDIT: Does it have that "Cobra" sound?

Wont be hitting it for a couple of days.

I really wish I could try this out. I just think it would be a ton of fun.

Interesting driver, I would love to hit it! Maybe when it's available at Golf Galaxy?
The name really really needs to be changed.

It's pretty cool of Cobra to send you this "raw" version. They had to know that many would scoff at the looks of it because it doesn't yet have the pretty paint and coats of shiny poly. I applaud them for wanting true, raw, thoughts and reviews. I can't wait for lots of #'s data.

4 feet of driver, that is just crazy. That's taller than some of the posters here...

That's just funny... why did I picture Chunky Lover when I read this. :0

It's pretty cool of Cobra to send you this "raw" version. They had to know that many would scoff at the looks of it because it doesn't yet have the pretty paint and coats of shiny poly. I applaud them for wanting true, raw, thoughts and reviews. I can't wait for lots of #'s data.

Honestly, exactly what I was thinking. Not a fan of the 48" thing, but applaud Pumbra for being proactive and getting it out there for us to see.

Thanks for the video. Love the whole top secret thing it has going on there. I want to swing it. Why not?

I may have missed something somewhere, so please forgive me.

Is the raw version available for purchase? Or is it just the one they sent to you? Or..?

Thanks for the video. Love the whole top secret thing it has going on there. I want to swing it. Why not?

Yea it is cool of Cobra to bring out this club in the raw and I would love to see this thing on a launch monitor. I wonder what lofts it will come in?

Is the shine on the bottom of the club from being dragged across or set on something?
If so, that's going to make for for a mean looking club with little polished areas!
I wonder if it will rust...

I definitely want one! Raw or not the club head looks B-E-A-UTIFUL!! I hope that my local Austad's gets one eventually. I know the 48" may put some off, but I think with the proper amount of practice I could control it as much as my 45" Monster, or 09 Burner.

Huh........definitely interested to hit one of these. I realize the concern with accuracy with these things but I imagine if you can put a decent swing on it, it'll be pretty awesome to play a bomb-and-gouge game at the local courses. Ones with wide fairways of course!

Will it rust?

Is the shine on the bottom of the club from being dragged across or set on something?
If so, that's going to make for for a mean looking club with little polished areas!
I wonder if it will rust...

Since drivers are made almost exclusively out of titanium these days, rust won't be too much of an issue. Titanium is not completely tarnish-free, but it's far less reactive than iron / steel. It will eventually tarnish, but it would take some harsh conditions or a lot of time.

Raw driver is interesting! I also think it would be fun to take a few rips with that driver, just to see what kind of distances it would produce.

That looks pretty slick. I've love to try that long of a shaft for kicks. Would be interesting to try. Looking forward to hearing how it plays for you, JB.

I wonder how much the improvement in shaft technology makes this club more viable than those old KillerBee drivers back in the day. I noticed someone mentioned the KB, but I would imagine that much better shafts and lighter clubheads might make something like this viable.

I wonder how much the improvement in shaft technology makes this club more viable than those old KillerBee drivers back in the day. I noticed someone mentioned the KB, but I would imagine that much better shafts and lighter clubheads might make something like this viable.

This is my thought as well.

I love how everyone is saying they like the raw finish look....hahaha

I dont buy into stuff like this, my shot dispersion would be ridiculous with this. Not intrigued one bit

I love how everyone is saying they like the raw finish look....hahaha

I dont buy into stuff like this, my shot dispersion would be ridiculous with this. Not intrigued one bit

Im with you on this one. This is what Cobra does for innovation?

Long Tom Driver - Inch Markings on the Golf Grip

Long Tom Driver - Inch Markings on the Golf Grip

People always say you can't control the long drivers. Why not just choke up on each drive a certain amount depending on how tight or wide the fairway is? They should put a special grip on it with a 47", 46", 45" ,44" and 43" marking on the grip. Six drivers in one. Of course, they should pay me a royalty for the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back