Contest - THP March Madness Official Bracket 2012 (Spoilers)

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST. DO NOT SKIM!

We are going to use ESPN for our bracket again this year. We've been using this for our Streak for the Cash games and other fun games throughout the year and it seems that everyone is happy with this site. Please read the first two posts in this thread for all the info you need.

http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/en/frontpage

The winner will receive a VERY COOL THP Prize Pack. JB can elaborate as he feels is necessary. Most likely, the more people we have, the bigger the prize will be. Last year we had 124 members play. This year there will hopefully be double that.

You MUST your THP Screen name for this contest to be eligible for the prize pack. I had to add numbers after my name. When you sign up, it asks for your real name. You can put whatever you want for that name. If you already have an ESPN account you want to use, please change your last name to your THP name for this contest. One entry per person. We need to know who you are.

You must be a forum member and have at least TEN posts in the past 30 days. Please check post #3 in this thread to make sure your name isn't here as being ineligible due to not following the rules for any reason. Contact me if you feel your name is there incorrectly.

You MUST use your forum screen name or have it there somehow. Failure to have the post count WHEN THE CONTEST LOCKS will make your entry null and void. If you do not use your forum name, it will also be disqualified. If you create more than one entry, all of your entries will be disqualified.

The group ID is: 3480
The group name is: THP 2012 OFFICIAL BRACKET (Note that this is THP, not THE)
The group password is: Hackers

This is a LOCKED group, which means that once the tournament starts, you cannot join or leave the group. It is also private, which means you must use the password to get in. Of course you cannot change your picks either! You are responsible for making sure that you actually got into the group and that your selections were saved. Every year we have a few entries that didn't take for whatever reason. Please make sure your entry is submitted to the group correctly! Make sure to check the ESPN rules for scoring and tie breaking procedures.

There will be spoilers within this thread, so be careful if you want to watch games after they have been played.

THE GAMES FOR THIS CHALLENGE BEGIN MARCH 15. WE DO NOT PICK THE GAMES IN "ROUND 1". BRACKETS ARE AVAILABLE ON MARCH 11.

Any decisions made by THP will be final.

When I post the standings, I will be using print screen to do it, so if you don't want your real name to show up, you are advised to change it.

Last edited:
How to Play
Playing is a breeze. Follow this step by step sign-up process and you'll be tipping off in no time. See "Step 3" for help on filling out your bracket in preparation for the big event.

Step 1 - Entering The Game
A valid ESPN username and password will be used as an identifier to login and to keep track of your entry's score and standing. After you have logged in, click on the CREATE ENTRY button on the frontpage to create your entry.

Step 2 - Naming Your Entry (Optional)
Before filling out your bracket give your entry some character and assign it a name. After you've clicked the "Create Entry" button, you will be forwarded to a screen that will ask you to name your entry. Once you have named your entry, you may choose to change your Email Reminders setting and then click on the "Submit Entry Settings" button. You will have the opportunity to change your entry name at any point during the game by clicking the "Edit Entry Settings" link on your entry page.

Step 3 - Make Your Selections (Bracket is available: Sunday March 11th, 2012)
Before the release of the official tournament bracket on Sunday, March 11th, 2012, you will only be able to view your Entry page with the Countdown clock counting down to the release of the bracket. One hour following the announcement of the tournament match-ups you will have the opportunity to select who you think will win each of the 63 tournament games. Entrants may change their selections as often as they like prior to the scheduled tip-off time of the first game in the second round of the tournament (currently scheduled for the morning of Thursday, March 15, 2012) after which all selections must be finalized.

You will be be able fill out your bracket in its entirety from a single page. Click or drag the team name as far as you think that team will advance (you can even drag them all the way to the National Champions box). Once the bracket is complete, and you have submitted your tiebreaker score for the Championship match, the Submit button will change color (RED button) and you may submit your picks.

Notes:
  • You will have the option to edit your entries at any time after they have been initially submitted, before the lock time.
  • You cannot delete an entry/bracket once it has been created.
  • An e-mail reminder will be sent to all entrants who had joined the game before the brackets were released and those who have not submitted their selections.

People who entered who did not use their forum name:

SuzyTheQ
Chris Reiman

If anyone notices someone I missed, please let me know.

I do know there are several who do not meet the post count requirement as required in post #1. I would hate to see someone miss out because of that when it's so easy to get 10 posts in a 30 day period. Make sure you qualify.

I had to remove these two people from the game since we don't have any forum members with those names. Hopefully everyone else met the 10 post requirement for the prize pack as mentioned in the first post of this thread,

Last edited:
Thanks, in as always! Looking forward to it.

Joined.

I'm in.

Just joined! Thanks for putting this on. Looking forward to the banter and competition.

I'm in. Thanks Smallville

Love it! I've been 2/2 the last 2 years I did paper brackets, so I hope I win this one! Good luck everyone!

BAM. I'm in.

I'm in. No worries from me...I stink at these things.

Nice cant wait

Tapaway!

Thanks so much for running this Smallville - and for the awesome prize pack THP! I am entered and ready to go!

I'll be entered as soon as I read these instructions a few more times. :bulgy-eyes:

Edit: Okay, I'm in.

Last edited:
Thanks for setting this up - I'm in.

I'll definitely be in. I have an account, I need to chance my name from "Jack xxxxxx" to "Jack IceJack"?

I'll definitely be in. I have an account, I need to chance my name from "Jack xxxxxx" to "Jack IceJack"?

You can do that or change the username. Either way.

When I post the standings, I will be using print screen to do it, so if you don't want your real name to show up, you are advised to change it.

Registered, can't wait to enjoy the fun along with THP

I'm in. Thanks to Small for getting this going. Gonna make watching the Madness a whole lotta fun & exciting!!

This is one of my favorite contests. Thanks again THP for doing this!!

Ah something I actually think I can win, im definitely getting in this. College BBall is my sport, cant get enough of it!

I'm in, bring it on!!!

Back