You should strap your bag to the bike. Multiple problems solved and time saved.

Get a road bike with 105 components if you can afford to - should start in the $1,000 range. They function the same as the top of the line stuff but are just heavier.

Good call. I ride the 2012 BMC Street Racer SR01. Has the 105 cassette, which I think is pretty awesome, and also has a carbon fiber fork to lighten it up and reduce the road chatter. It is the right amount of stiffness in the lower-under that provides great stability out of the saddle. All the components are decent too. A 2012 model is probably closer to that $1,000 range, though I am not sure what that year is going for these days.

Tried the Pass Portes Du Soleil last week. Was one of the hardest things I have ever tried due to the mud and Alpine hills. Didn't finish. :(

Say hello to my new specialized

yqy6epun.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

40 miles this morning, beach ride down to our shop.

Bagels, coffee, and watching the Tour before finishing with another 40 mile ride out to the beach.
beast mode. You'll be doing centuries with ease in no time.

Good call. I ride the 2012 BMC Street Racer SR01. Has the 105 cassette, which I think is pretty awesome, and also has a carbon fiber fork to lighten it up and reduce the road chatter. It is the right amount of stiffness in the lower-under that provides great stability out of the saddle. All the components are decent too. A 2012 model is probably closer to that $1,000 range, though I am not sure what that year is going for these days.
BMC's are my fav bike. I just traded in my Team Machine SLT01 Phonak version for a Scott Speedster for my wife. She showed interest and I needed motivation when riding if you get what I mean. We should meet up one time to go riding.

yqy6epun.jpg

nice machine sir. LOVE the stealth look. Now you need some Zipp or Lightweights to make it stealthy fast.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Congrat's Satchmo, enjoy the ride.

Any other Ti fans out there?

I just bought a road bike, nothing fancy. Just something to start off with to see if I like it

Nice Satch! I am a huge fan of the Sirrus line!

It's awesome because the day before, I went in and the 2013 sirrus was going to be 55, and someone traded in a 2012 that they barely used, so I got it for 325!

My commuter is a Sirrus. Has served me very well, very robust bike. Am in the process of renewing the drivetrain and brakes and fitting drop bars for my 20 mile daily commute.

I just did my first triathlon last month and doing one more next month. I've been borrowing my day's trek road bike to train and race with. I had a lot of fun doing it and am now on the lookout for a good road/tri bike that won't break the bank.

I just did my first triathlon last month and doing one more next month. I've been borrowing my day's trek road bike to train and race with. I had a lot of fun doing it and am now on the lookout for a good road/tri bike that won't break the bank.

I'd say always get a road bike first. It will serve you well. A tri bike is always a good second one to have IMO

Cycling

My commuter is a Sirrus. Has served me very well, very robust bike. Am in the process of renewing the drivetrain and brakes and fitting drop bars for my 20 mile daily commute.

That's awesome man, I've had the same "Schwinn" for 8 years, and it's horrible, first it's a crappy Chinese bike from sprawlmart, second it's a mountain bike, and I needed a road hybrid for my purposes, I'm planning on using it everyday to commute to the university and save money on gas

Cycling

Depending on how much you are looking to spend, I have a few that I can part with for cheap.

Are the sora components better than the 105's?

Are the sora components better than the 105's?

I have Soras on my Allez, and they are awful. Not worth upgrading, but the 105s are much better.

Thanks War I was looking at a couple bikes and they had sora components and I couldn't make heads or tales of the schimano components on what's what.

I am way over my head on this one but will figure it out eventually.

Thanks War I was looking at a couple bikes and they had sora components and I couldn't make heads or tales of the schimano components on what's what.

I am way over my head on this one but will figure it out eventually.
The Soras are the bottom of the line. they work fine, but, are bottom of the line.

No need to be in over your head dude, send me a PM or post it up in here if you have a question. I can help.

We started carrying some Kask helmets a few months ago, and they have been selling quite well. Today, I stopped by the shop on my way home from work with a package from Kask for me to try out on some of our big rides we have coming up and to "show off" the brand.

Both are the Kask Vertigo;

Red/Black
vertigo-bred-L.jpg

And Italian Flag;
vertigo-italia-L.jpg

Price point?
MSRP $299.95

Which is the reason I have never had one.

But... they are selling great. A lot of people swear by them.

Wow. They look great. I will stick with my s works for now. Unless you need help testing. Lol

Wow. They look great. I will stick with my s works for now. Unless you need help testing. Lol

I have had my same Argo helmet for years, these are low profile and a bit more slim. I like them so far, but that's a lot of cash for a helmet.

Back