Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister has the iPhone4S and she hasn't used Siri more than just letting me say inappropriate things to it to see what it says. When she has used it, it usually screwed up what she asked for or took longer than her doing it manually.

The big upgrades people were expecting were the retina display, LTE capabilities, and a faster processor. 3 checks there. Upgraded video camera, back camera, and all with the same battery life as the iPad2? That's not bad guys. It's just like going from the 3GS to the iPhone4. Those with the iPad1 are giddy. Those with the iPad2, might not be enough to jump ship but it's definitely got some big improvements.

My sister has the iPhone4S and she hasn't used Siri more than just letting me say inappropriate things to it to see what it says. When she has used it, it usually screwed up what she asked for or took longer than her doing it manually.

The big upgrades people were expecting were the retina display, LTE capabilities, and a faster processor. 3 checks there. Upgraded video camera, back camera, and all with the same battery life as the iPad2? That's not bad guys. It's just like going from the 3GS to the iPhone4. Those with the iPad1 are giddy. Those with the iPad2, might not be enough to jump ship but it's definitely got some big improvements.

I was really hoping for this. The little things matter to Tmex. It better open for preorder soon so I can at least salvage 45 mins of work today.

I was really hoping for this. The little things matter to Tmex. It better open for preorder soon so I can at least salvage 45 mins of work today.

Any luck?

I am still pondering this though.. Since I am not upgrading, it is still light years better than any other tablet out there.

Not true. Of course whether you like it better than any other tablet is your thing but from a technologic view it is far from being the best tablet.
For example other tablets have 8mp cameras which the new ipad does not have.
Personally, I think they brought very little innovation with the new ipad. Certainly no new definition of tablets as tim cook said during the keynote.

Whats the word on the iPad3? Been fighting the fight all day today.

Not true. Of course whether you like it better than any other tablet is your thing but from a technologic view it is far from being the best tablet.
Personally, I think they brought very little innovation with the new ipad. Certainly no new definition of tablets as tim cook said during the keynote.

Fair enough, I am not a tech expert. I am coming from more of a consumer, what can it do for me, point of view rather than a tech, what is it made of one. I am sure there are a lot of great products out there, my bad.

How much difference will higher res make on most of the uses likes using apps, etc? Seems like I saw something it will only really be noticable for watching movies or video.

I think you can say spec wise these tablet s might be on par but alot of them cant put it together like Apple. Say what anyone wants about Apple but you wont find a more complete package. Using any android tablet then going ot an ipad is night and day. THe bump in specs and screen resolution really sets it even further apart.

How much difference will higher res make on most of the uses likes using apps, etc? Seems like I saw something it will only really be noticable for watching movies or video.

Says that apps will scale up automatically until the app is updated with the new retina display. I bet that screen blow the doors off anything on the market too.

i got my first tablet back in January because I have no patience haha
I have no doubt that this will be a really good tablet. I like that they upgraded the screen and the camera. New chip too. Form factor seems to be the same as does the battery life.
I was hoping for a 7 inch model, but I wasn't holding my breath.

Same here - I was hoping against hope for a smaller iPad, too. I'm sure this will be a great seller and make a lot of people happy, but It's not going to get my $500.

It's nuts that it is not even a quad-core CPU, only a 2 core CPU with a 4 core GPU!! Yet they expect to be able to wring out enough performance to compete/beat against the 4core Tegra 3 CPU (and its 8 core GPU). Their engineers are pretty impressive.

Says that apps will scale up automatically until the app is updated with the new retina display. I bet that screen blow the doors off anything on the market too.

probably. The only thing I would think would be close would the the one on the Galaxy Tab 7.7 which is that Super Amolded Plus.

I would like to pre order, but the site wont let me. I guess I'm not the only one who wants it, darn.

pondering an ipad finally. be nice to bring it into work instead of bringing my laptop back and forth all the time. now to decide if the new ipad is worth the extra money or just go with an ipad2 and figure out what size memory i should get.

I would like to pre order, but the site wont let me. I guess I'm not the only one who wants it, darn.

Im on it now and seems to be working. How far did you get in the process?

pondering an ipad finally. be nice to bring it into work instead of bringing my laptop back and forth all the time. now to decide if the new ipad is worth the extra money or just go with an ipad2 and figure out what size memory i should get.

You'll like it dude. I have the 2 and Im not seeing that much on the 3 to tempt me. I'll wait for the next one or the 7".

Wait till they have demo models in stores so you can compare the iPad2 to the new Ipad. IMO the upgrades they did are enough to warrant strong consideration for the new one. Also keep in mind future iOS upgrades. The iPad2 isn't going to be able to do all the things in future iOS releases that the new iPad is going to do, a lot like iOS4 didn't do much for those running the iPhone3.

Double the RAM, faster A5 processing chip, better quality screen, better back camera, and will do 1080p video recording. All of that to me seems like it's worth the 100 bucks more.

Wait till they have demo models in stores so you can compare the iPad2 to the new Ipad. IMO the upgrades they did are enough to warrant strong consideration for the new one. Also keep in mind future iOS upgrades. The iPad2 isn't going to be able to do all the things in future iOS releases that the new iPad is going to do, a lot like iOS4 didn't do much for those running the iPhone3.

Double the RAM, faster A5 processing chip, better quality screen, better back camera, and will do 1080p video recording. All of that to me seems like it's worth the 100 bucks more.

yeah im gonna wait and check them both out theres an apple store close to my house so ill be there a few days after its released checking them out. i dunno if id use the camera and stuff on it. I was hoping for a little bit more from this model but i guess the better screen is the big deal.

Im on it now and seems to be working. How far did you get in the process?

Sorry Kmac, I went out and just saw this. I think I was just trying to get it done when they had too much traffic. I can do it now.

I finally had got mine in after 2.5 hours. I can't wait to TMex it though.

The new iPad on Verizon will offer free 4G HotSpot feature. That's pretty cool. Wireless hotspot on the iPad for no cost is an awesome deal by Verizon.

After reading some more about it and watching a few videos, I am pumped to be getting a new Ipad. IMO the display is what makes any tablet device special and this one looks to be amazing.

need a computer tower, we have a HP monitor,keyboard and printer...need something cheap that will get the job done...thoughts?

And I'm officially making my first THP post from my new MacBook Pro. Wooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back