Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is weird. I'm pondering nothing electrical actually which is weird. I need to ponder something, how about that new half tablet half phone thing. Seems like I'd need a purse of some kind to carry it around.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

The phablet? Not a fan. Wtc do you do with it when it doesn't fit in any of your pockets. And I bet that huge screen is a battery hog too.

The phablet? Not a fan. Wtc do you do with it when it doesn't fit in any of your pockets. And I bet that huge screen is a battery hog too.

Lol I'm not actually pondering one. What I really need is a larger tv for the living room and I want a plasma.

Lol I'm not actually pondering one. What I really need is a larger tv for the living room and I want a plasma.

Breezy! I'm hard core pondering a Panasonic Valera Plasma. Best Buy has the 2012 50" for $1099. Or do I pay $1599 and go 55" with free 3D glasses, avatar 3D, and Skype camera?

I'm debating whether I can really afford one at all, but if I do, I orginallu wanted a Samsung LED. But my Dad's 55" Samsung LED has noticeable lag when watching golf as its only 120hz. One with 240hz cost upwards of 2K but you can get a 600hz plasma for much cheaper.

Anyone debated the whole plasma vs LED decision?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI for anyone that waited to pre order the Ipad.. It's sold oot!

Went from pondering to purchasing a gsm android phone to use with my straighttalk e71 sim card. It works great! It's nice to have 1000's of apps to pick from vs dozens, plus they actually work. lol Enjoying the android goodness for $40 a month. Have to watch my data usage though, ST can and will cut people off for excessive use.

You get yours on the 16th? They hit stores here in Mex on the 23rd, I am 10th on the waiting list at the Apple Store here, so I should be good to go. I was going to buy from the US and go get it, but found out I could get it here relatively quickly.

That is weird. I'm pondering nothing electrical actually which is weird. I need to ponder something, how about that new half tablet half phone thing. Seems like I'd need a purse of some kind to carry it around.

How about a new bicycle?

Did anyone pre-order that Nike+ Fuel band? Thing looks so cool but I want to see how well it actually works before OEM'ing one. The Jawbone UP was a total flop.

I have this thing. It is a glamorized pedometer that tells time. But I still like it.

photo-3.jpg

Good thing my order has been in since day one. Just hope the UPS guy has me first on his route tomorrow.

I have this thing. It is a glamorized pedometer that tells time. But I still like it.

photo-3.jpg

I want one. Does it do anything cool though?

I want one. Does it do anything cool though?

Yeah man, I suppose it does. It recognizes 40 or so activities, and converts the movements from those activities into "Nike fuel". You can then set a goal each day, and attempt to reach that goal. I have a few different goal settings. One for a VERY active day, one for a fairly active day, and one for a day of work and no major activities/exercising. It also tells you the amount of steps and distance each day. It also tells you the calories you burned in addition to the calories you would otherwise burn just sitting on your butt. Finally, it is a pretty cool watch I suppose.

Yeah man, I suppose it does. It recognizes 40 or so activities, and converts the movements from those activities into "Nike fuel". You can then set a goal each day, and attempt to reach that goal. I have a few different goal settings. One for a VERY active day, one for a fairly active day, and one for a day of work and no major activities/exercising. It also tells you the amount of steps and distance each day. It also tells you the calories you burned in addition to the calories you would otherwise burn just sitting on your butt. Finally, it is a pretty cool watch I suppose.

Interesting. Wish it had gps functionality to work for cycling.

Interesting. Wish it had gps functionality to work for cycling.

Agreed. I view this piece on the forefront of the health/tech genre. This will be the catalyst to greater ideas and functions. Right now, when I bike, I just put it in my pocket. It is not entirely accurate, but at least it counts towards my daily goal. I suspect gps will be on the next generation, and perhaps a heart rate monitor.

Agreed. I view this piece on the forefront of the health/tech genre. This will be the catalyst to greater ideas and functions. Right now, when I bike, I just put it in my pocket. It is not entirely accurate, but at least it counts towards my daily goal. I suspect gps will be on the next generation, and perhaps a heart rate monitor.
I had the Jawbone UP, and really liked it. I see this as a upgrade over it, except it doesnt have the sleep monitor/alarm clock.

I had the Jawbone UP, and really liked it. I see this as a upgrade over it, except it doesnt have the sleep monitor/alarm clock.
Yeah. That would be a cool feature too. And this is an upgrade over the Nike pulse running bracelet too.

Yeah. That would be a cool feature too. And this is an upgrade over the Nike pulse running bracelet too.

That's a sweet band! Who makes that?

I have decided to switch from my old standby PS3 to an XBOX 360. Does that count as electronics pondering?

Probably gonna get the MW3 edition!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Well, I am finally back on my home computer....my GF toasted the whole harddrive with some nasty virus(she actually turned off Norton because she was trying to download a file and Norton wouldn't let her do it! GRRRRRRRR)....it wouldn't do anything...I ended up having to go by an external harddrive and I got a C: prompt and went back to my old DOS days and copied my main files onto it....did a format of the C:/ drive and a fresh install of the Windows Vista and now I am putting everything back on it.

Well, I am finally back on my home computer....my GF toasted the whole harddrive with some nasty virus(she actually turned off Norton because she was trying to download a file and Norton wouldn't let her do it! GRRRRRRRR)....it wouldn't do anything...I ended up having to go by an external harddrive and I got a C: prompt and went back to my old DOS days and copied my main files onto it....did a format of the C:/ drive and a fresh install of the Windows Vista and now I am putting everything back on it.

Seriously? Why not put Windows 7 on which is 1000000000x better then Vista which ranks up there as one of the worst?

Seriously? Why not put Windows 7 on which is 1000000000x better then Vista which ranks up there as one of the worst?

I think I would go ahead and give it the award for being the worst.

I think I would go ahead and give it the award for being the worst.

I tend to agree its up there but I think Windows ME was worse.

I tend to agree its up there but I think Windows ME was worse.

I forgot about that one. I don't think I ever even installed it on a computer of mine. HAHAHA

Thats tonights project actually....this computer came with Vista so I used the reinstall CD that came with the system...gonna grab a windows 7 upgrade today and put it on tonight.

I hate VISTA too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back