Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I'm reading if you can hold out till April the galaxy 5 is supposed to be released

From what I'm reading if you can hold out till April the galaxy 5 is supposed to be released
There is only one problem with that... Will it be as incremental as the upgrade from the S3 to the S4?

I think if I go new phone it will be the G2. I need ATT to get some in stock though

I think if I go new phone it will be the G2. I need ATT to get some in stock though
The new LG G2 PRO will be my next phone. No doubt about it.

There is only one problem with that... Will it be as incremental as the upgrade from the S3 to the S4?

From what I have seen leaked it has some pretty serious hardware so I hope so

Thinking about getting a Chromebook. Any others I should look at around that $250 price range. Anything negative to say about the Chromebook?

Thinking about getting a Chromebook. Any others I should look at around that $250 price range. Anything negative to say about the Chromebook?

I tried them like 3-4 times and each time ended up returning it. Just too slow for me. For simple browsing it might work I guess.

I tried them like 3-4 times and each time ended up returning it. Just too slow for me. For simple browsing it might work I guess.

I don't plan on doing anything other than browsing the web. I just like the idea have having a full keyboard.

I don't plan on doing anything other than browsing the web. I just like the idea have having a full keyboard.

For Web and Web apps only, it's decent.

Just depends on which one you get. Much improved over the once had netbooks, but still lacking in the hardware department.

For light use and simple browsing, it would work fine.

However, why not look at the original surface or something like that?

For Web and Web apps only, it's decent.

Just depends on which one you get. Much improved over the once had netbooks, but still lacking in the hardware department.

For light use and simple browsing, it would work fine.

However, why not look at the original surface or something like that?

I was leaning towards the Samsung version. I am not a big windows fan which has kept me away from the Surface.

I was leaning towards the Samsung version. I am not a big windows fan which has kept me away from the Surface.

Don't blame you. The surface was just too incomplete for me.

At worst, it's a cheap experiment and if you get it from best buy they have a great return policy.

I installed Win 8 on one of our Touchscreen PCs and a laptop a while ago. Kids liked it, probably just because it was new, but I hated it.

I just installed 8.1 on my personal PC, dual boot, to see if it has improved. I like it! I was prepared to keep hating it, but I actually find it easier to use in both tile and desktop modes. It's snappier than Win 7 was and for reasons I can't explain yet, it's more intuitive to use though it looks much the same.

Anyway, not a necessary upgrade, but my resistance to it is gone.

It's a shell for Google Chrome. If you only want to browse the web and use the various google apps and google play stuff, it's great for a great price. If you want to venture out though, you have no options...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Matty just got an email from Google stating that he was accepted in to their "Google Glass Program."

We signed him up on a whim, 2 years ago, not thinking anything would come of it, but figured it would be cool if somehow he got picked. Well, two years later, notification comes that he was chosen since he is a student and will be getting them and have to work with a person from Google on feedback and how they are used to assist with education purposes.

Kind of cool. He is bouncing off the walls right now with excitement.

Matty just got an email from Google stating that he was accepted in to their "Google Glass Program."

We signed him up on a whim, 2 years ago, not thinking anything would come of it, but figured it would be cool if somehow he got picked. Well, two years later, notification comes that he was chosen since he is a student and will be getting them and have to work with a person from Google on feedback and how they are used to assist with education purposes.

Lets be honest, no way u dont snatch those from him lol

That is extremely cool! I need to read up on that stuff now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back