Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always start with Crutchfield. Narrow down what will fit and read reviews from there. They have great customer service if you have questions during installation, too.

Www.crutchfield.com

Crutchfield's catalog is a good idea to start. I'm out of touch, but Pioneer has some excellent units.

I've been out of the loop for a long time. I think the last time I purchased an aftermarket unit was in 98. Back then Panasonic was a good one, and Clarion and Alpine were top end units. Been a long time. Been looking through Crutchfield, but holy crap, I almost don't even know where to start. Of course I'd just like to scrap the entire stereo system and start it all over, but that's cost prohibitive. Just need to narrow down to a couple of units that interest me I guess. Oh, and it should probably be something that my wife would be able to work. Been looking at Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, and there are so many from them alone it's ridiculous.

Can you recommend any netbooks or mini laptops?

I'd have to review the line Sanzabar, but the newest convertibles are getting a lot of attention lately. Avoid the Split X2 at Best Buy, that was config'd down a bit, but the latest X2 convertibles are very nice.

New router with the assist to War Eagle. Grabbed the Net gear ac1900 and so far so good.

I had a pretty solid one but got pushed hard by Time Warner to use their built in router.

You finding solid increases in speed?

Looking to dump DirecTV and move back to cable so I can rock the new Tivo Roamio Plus or Pro.

Pondering a Skycaddie SG5

Pros/cons?

I don't need the latest or greatest, these are all over the bay for around $50-60, and was thinking it was a low cost entry into GPS world.

I use golflogix on my phone but worry about battery life while using it. (Especially after ios7)

Pros/cons?

I don't need the latest or greatest, these are all over the bay for around $50-60, and was thinking it was a low cost entry into GPS world.

I use golflogix on my phone but worry about battery life while using it. (Especially after ios7)

Worth a shot..maybe just sign up for 1 year of the service.

Paying for that is most people's cons with other options on the market

I have the sgx u can try in Hilton head

Pros/cons?

Paying for a yearly subscription is absurd, IMO.

So I have been playing around with TeamViewer alot in the past few days and it has gotten alot better since I last used it. I believe it was version 7. They are now up to version 9. Takes a little bit to get the computers all set up but once you do, just double click the computer and its up and running. Still peeved by LogMein literally giving 7 days notice that they are done with the free service.

So I have been playing around with TeamViewer alot in the past few days and it has gotten alot better since I last used it. I believe it was version 7. They are now up to version 9. Takes a little bit to get the computers all set up but once you do, just double click the computer and its up and running. Still peeved by LogMein literally giving 7 days notice that they are done with the free service.

Now I remember why I couldnt use it. It breaks our CRM software. As soon as I uninstall it, the software works again. Does anyone know of a similar software that might work?

Up for a free phone upgrade from AT&T, I want out of my iPhone ASAP.

Thoughts? S4 is my immediate lean, but what about phablets? Any others to eyeball?

Thoughts? S4 is my immediate lean, but what about phablets? Any others to eyeball?

so glad you have this option after all of your complaining over the past week:alien:

I still think if you don't want something the size of the Note 3, than the G2 or S4 would be my choice. Spec wise the G2 is extremely similar to the Note 3, just in a smaller package. That was the phone GG was using last week.

so glad you have this option after all of your complaining over the past week:alien:

I still think if you don't want something the size of the Note 3, than the G2 or S4 would be my choice. Spec wise the G2 is extremely similar to the Note 3, just in a smaller package. That was the phone GG was using last week.

I have an S4 and I would go with the G2. Maybe I just dont use enough of the features of the S4 to be wowed by it but it is just a phone. All of the awesome features drain the living hell out of the battery so I have almost everything turned off.

That G2 was slick.

And yes, I complained a lot, bc I'm SO damn tired of Apple.

I have an S4 and I would go with the G2. Maybe I just dont use enough of the features of the S4 to be wowed by it but it is just a phone. All of the awesome features drain the living hell out of the battery so I have almost everything turned off.

Interesting...

Paying for a yearly subscription is absurd, IMO.

haha I still can't wrap my head around that.. I like spotify, so I pay a monthly sub. Netflix... gamefly..

Why is it so crazy to drop 30-40 a year on a sub for a service someone really likes?

Does AT&T do restocking option?

Verizon allows you to try a phone and switch it within 15 days for a 30 dollar restocking fee. One time switch. Kind of fun to try something crazy.

really? I have not had any issues with battery life(yet) on the s4. I still second guess my non-g2 choice though.

That G2 was slick.

And yes, I complained a lot, bc I'm SO damn tired of Apple.

You are ready to move on and try something new. Any thoughts on where you are leaning?

Does AT&T do restocking option?

Verizon allows you to try a phone and switch it within 15 days for a 30 dollar restocking fee. One time switch. Kind of fun to try something crazy.

yup, and if you can go through Best Buy, it gets better. They let you switch twice during that period if you wish.

really? I have not had any issues with battery life(yet) on the s4. I still second guess my non-g2 choice though.

Even with everything turned off I cannot get through a full day without recharging for the next day.

yup, and if you can go through Best Buy, it gets better. They let you switch twice during that period if you wish.

I'll have my s4 arrive today... I'm pretty excited about the upgrade from the s3, but I'm hoping it's a bit more robust than a simple design switch.

If not, I may have to get a little crazy in a week or so hahaha... Also, it's probably going to get frankenLemon'ed.

Even with everything turned off I cannot get through a full day without recharging for the next day.

looking at mine right now, I am at 27 hours, still with 30% left. So I will probably have to charge it again when I get home. I still have the air view stuff on(though hardly use it). Use bluetooth in the AM for music and in the car on the way to and from work. The s4 does have a ton of bells and whistles, but not sure how many are really needed.

I will say that the battery is better than my s3 and my 4s that I had.

I'll have my s4 arrive today... I'm pretty excited about the upgrade from the s3, but I'm hoping it's a bit more robust than a simple design switch.

If not, I may have to get a little crazy in a week or so hahaha... Also, it's probably going to get frankenLemon'ed.

I didn't think it was a HUGE jump forward when I did that move. I do like it though.

looking at mine right now, I am at 27 hours, still with 30% left. So I will probably have to charge it again when I get home. I still have the air view stuff on(though hardly use it). Use bluetooth in the AM for music and in the car on the way to and from work. The s4 does have a ton of bells and whistles, but not sure how many are really needed.

I will say that the battery is better than my s3 and my 4s that I had.

In the 20 minute drive from home to work my battery went from 100% to 90% by just being connected to blue tooth in my car and I wasnt even using it.

In the 20 minute drive from home to work my battery went from 100% to 90% by just being connected to blue tooth in my car and I wasnt even using it.

damn, no thank you

I didn't think it was a HUGE jump forward when I did that move. I do like it though.

In reality I should have gone with the Note3 first, but I got excited when I was told that my bill would drop 30 bucks hahaha!

Damn phone calls from verizon getting me all weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back