Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
AT&T rolled out GSIII Jelly Bean updates it appears. Only one left is VZW and of course that is what I am on. #killingme

AT&T rolled out GSIII Jelly Bean updates it appears. Only one left is VZW and of course that is what I am on. #killingme
I have jellybean on my Note 2. It's pretty cool.

Just so typical of negative distance.

What a dummy I am. Between that and texting my hard worm, I have issues.
Maybe its my devices.

Maybe its my devices.
Now, I am in tears. LMAO

Maybe its my devices.
you need Siri

I dont know what texting your hard worm is though. Siri wont help with that. she is rated PG. which is lame.

you need Siri

I dont know what texting your hard worm is though. Siri wont help with that. she is rated PG. which is lame.

Last night I went to text something to say "Work hard" and it said make my worm hard.

Last night I went to text something to say "Work hard" and it said make my worm hard.
hahaha....I bet Mr Johs blushed. although he wont admit it

As much as I would like to ponder about things, there are 2 problems at the moment

1. Time - spent last couple of weeks studying for 2 project management exams and in between all of that moved furniture from my house to my partners as we have moved in together

2. Money - or more precisely, lack of it.... :angry:

If I was to start pondering, I would be thinking about re-wiring the house and including networking etc, and as I have now got a room for my PC and PS3 I quite fancy a new amp and speakers to go in there to replace the old sound system that doesn't have HDMI inputs. Haven't decided whether to go with something cheap and cheerful, or whether to move the living room system (Onkyo 607 and Mordaunt Short Alumni speakers) into there and upgrade for the living room, although that would be the preferred option, it isn't the cheapest

Once networked I would then be wanting either a server set-up or a NAS for streaming around the house - not completely decided which way to go with that yet

Nothing wrong with the Onkyo for the money, but the Yamaha does sound better! (Less bright) as for the mordant shorts tell me what price they are, they are a brand owned by a retailer who can only sell them or sells them through very select stores, probably review very well, but your likes of bowers and Wilkins or kef or monitor audio would sound better for the money

The Doc wants satellite radio for Christmas, but, her Jeep isn't compatible, this means getting a unit...and she wants a remote....ugh.

The Doc wants satellite radio for Christmas, but, her Jeep isn't compatible, this means getting a unit...and she wants a remote....ugh.

The receivers are usually on sale, and come with remotes. I think I have the roadie and it works just fine

The receivers are usually on sale, and come with remotes. I think I have the roadie and it works just fine

Its the subscription that IMO sucks more than the getting one, but, what she wants...she gets, I know where my future bread is buttered. lol

You could get an in-dash CD player that is compatible. All depends on how much you want to spend......

Its the subscription that IMO sucks more than the getting one, but, what she wants...she gets, I know where my future bread is buttered. lol

Ain't that the truth. I went with some package that cut out stations I didn't listen to anyway and I still have NHL, ncaa sports, baseball, nascar(don't care) and golf. Adding my wife was completely free though.

You could get an in-dash CD player that is compatible. All depends on how much you want to spend......

I considered that, but seeing as I'll be inheriting the Jeep in about 3-4 months there's no need right now for what she wants (I'm the one that wants a system put in it, I'm like a little kid with that stuff). This is the easier way right now I think, hell, I don't know, but I know I need to do something soon.

Nothing wrong with the Onkyo for the money, but the Yamaha does sound better! (Less bright) as for the mordant shorts tell me what price they are, they are a brand owned by a retailer who can only sell them or sells them through very select stores, probably review very well, but your likes of bowers and Wilkins or kef or monitor audio would sound better for the money

At the time when I originally bought these, they suited my budget, needs and the space I had for them - I did look at the Kef eggs but they were much more expensive than what I paid for the MS set (£500 at the time for the 5.1 set, whereas the Kef and MA sets were at least £200-£300 more) and personally I didn't like the look of the Kef either

For the short term, I can see the current setup staying in the living room until we re-wire and decorate and then I will look at possible solutions, but they will definitely be bookcase speakers and not floor-standers

Swiftkey "flow" Beta was released today for those that signed up for it (I did).

Swiftkey is a keyboard on Google Play, and one that I have used since I moved back to Android from iOS. I had played around with Swiftkey and Swype, and while I liked the features of swype and the ease of use with one hand and how accurate it was, regular typing on the Swype keyboard was miserable, so I always choose to stick with Swiftkey.

Add the "flow" in to the Swiftkey keyboard, and it's the best of both worlds. Easy to use with one hand and swipe across the keys, as well as still great for regular two handed typing. It's working well for me so far.

looks like I'll be leaving the stone age on saturday, I'm going wit the standard 16G iPhone 4s, I like the 5, but I'd rather spend the extra money for a nice otterbox, unless sprint will give us a discount on the iPhone 5, they tend to give university staff 15% off, but I think the iPhones were off limit.

Anyways, I will finally have a data plan and I'll be able to tapatalk everywhere haha, the 3GS has been good but I can't pass on a new 4s or 5

looks like I'll be leaving the stone age on saturday, I'm going wit the standard 16G iPhone 4s, I like the 5, but I'd rather spend the extra money for a nice otterbox, unless sprint will give us a discount on the iPhone 5, they tend to give university staff 15% off, but I think the iPhones were off limit.

Anyways, I will finally have a data plan and I'll be able to tapatalk everywhere haha, the 3GS has been good but I can't pass on a new 4s or 5
Dude, I have Otterbox for the 4S you can have. I have a defender and a commuter. They are yours if you want 'em.

Come to think of it, I have like 5 or 6 cases for the 4S.

Dude, talk to Jake, he fanagled his satellite radio company on the cheap!
I considered that, but seeing as I'll be inheriting the Jeep in about 3-4 months there's no need right now for what she wants (I'm the one that wants a system put in it, I'm like a little kid with that stuff). This is the easier way right now I think, hell, I don't know, but I know I need to do something soon.

You taking the system out of the HHR? I was bummed you didn't bump that for me.

Dude, I have Otterbox for the 4S you can have. I have a defender and a commuter. They are yours if you want 'em.

Come to think of it, I have like 5 or 6 cases for the 4S.

really? that would be awesome man, I was looking to get the commuter, I really liked mine on the 3GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back