Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you mentioned that, as I just finished having a discussion with someone about that. A really cool concept to have the red eyes be low launch, and the gold eyes being high launch. The guy I was comparing with just finished demo'ing the Speedline 9064 with RIP gamma and loved it.

I was able to hit the gamma and it felt awesome but the numbers were too high. It was a 10.5 and normally I hit a 9.5 since I already hit a high ball. I think the gamma in regular flex and 9.5 would be perfect for my swing. I also heard the shafts are the real deal too, not a made for OEM RIP but a true RIP just like if you were to buy it after market. Sure felt nice.

I was able to hit the gamma and it felt awesome but the numbers were too high. It was a 10.5 and normally I hit a 9.5 since I already hit a high ball. I think the gamma in regular flex and 9.5 would be perfect for my swing. I also heard the shafts are the real deal too, not a made for OEM RIP but a true RIP just like if you were to buy it after market. Sure felt nice.

Are you talking about the r9 designed shafts? Or just any club with the black RIP shaft in it?

Are you talking about the r9 designed shafts? Or just any club with the black RIP shaft in it?

Yeah I heard the R9 Superdeep isnt a true RIP but a made for TM OEM type RIP. Not the same.

I still prefer this one.

960476754_5QgJh-L-1.jpg

And we got some interesting news from them today. Fall Magazine news.

i've decided that i'll be bringing that home with me after the outing. SO.FREAKING.GORGEOUS

i've decided that i'll be bringing that home with me after the outing. SO.FREAKING.GORGEOUS

You can have it bro. Not feeling that one.

Wait, do you putt right handed TC, or are you just going to carry that thing around and drool on it!?

haha he putts lefty, he just wants it.

Hmmmm.....on my radar is the new Nike line!! Looks pretty dang sweet.

Not gonna lie, the new Diablo Octane is DIRRRRRRRRRRRRRTY

So is the machspeed black. Not a fan of the new nikes though. The vr pro blades are ugly but I might invest in the 3/4 VR Procombos

Wait, do you putt right handed TC, or are you just going to carry that thing around and drool on it!?

haha he putts lefty, he just wants it.

what OEM said! no way i'd putt that bad boy.....it's a 1 of 1 bettinardi, it'd get encloses in a glass case and mounted to the wall.

Hey everyone I hate to be that person but until a company has reached it's embargo date or give us permission to have their new equipment spoken about we ask that the talk of new equipment is kept off the boards. If you want to chat about this stuff feel free to do it via PM but not in a public thread.

We understand that other places might not care about embargo dates but it's something we take seriously here and we give companies our word that we won't allow it so we kindly as that you respect us on this and discuss these products via PM instead. Thank you so much for your understanding!

No problem GG. I thought I heard JB say once another site broke the embargo dates, after was fair game. My bad.
Hey everyone I hate to be that person but until a company has reached it's embargo date or give us permission to have their new equipment spoken about we ask that the talk of new equipment is kept off the boards. If you want to chat about this stuff feel free to do it via PM but not in a public thread.

We understand that other places might not care about embargo dates but it's something we take seriously here and we give companies our word that we won't allow it so we kindly as that you respect us on this and discuss these products via PM instead. Thank you so much for your understanding!

...that has been released?!

Nope....none of the new fall lines have been released, this one just peeks my interest.......I've always been a Nike fan, Taylormade fan as well, so I will be watching that online release for Taylormade next week!!

OK, new here and not sure of the rules. But, I did want to share with everyone my newfound love of my Scratch wedges. I like a soft feeling wedge, and really had no reason to take my Mizuno MP T-10 Quad Cut wedges out of the bag other than an addiction to equipment. My forged Scratch wedges immediately impressed me around the greens, they seem to have a really consistent pace off the club face and the grinds offer a lot of setup to hit different shots. Took a little longer to adjust to the full swing, but after about 5 rounds now I am a convert. If you have the chance, try some out or pick some up. They come with KBS Tour shafts, another product I LOVE.

WesB

OK, new here and not sure of the rules. But, I did want to share with everyone my newfound love of my Scratch wedges. I like a soft feeling wedge, and really had no reason to take my Mizuno MP T-10 Quad Cut wedges out of the bag other than an addiction to equipment. My forged Scratch wedges immediately impressed we around the greens, they seem to have a really consistent pace off the club face and the grinds offer a lot of setup to hit different shots. Took a little longer to adjust to the full swing, but after about 5 rounds now I am a convert. If you have the chance, try some out or pick some up. They come with KBS Tour shafts, another product I LOVE.

WesB

i'd love to demo one, but they're tough to find around these parts. glad you like yours though.

gonna be down sizing my irons to +1/2 inch instead of +1 and also looking to go graphite in hopes that it helps with my bad back and shoulder. been checking out the prolaunch blue shaft but not sure yet

"Patiently" waiting on my Cleveland putter, nike putter, and my putting green to get here. Should be coming any time from the brown truck or White truck.

Well nevermind. I just get the nike putter today, have to wait for the Cleveland tomorrow and the putting green either tomorrow or Monday. Kind of sad now.

Probably the new TM Ghost Daytona consumer version putter now. Would have liked the Kia Ma version, but since that's not going to be released, this will be the next best alternative...

Probably the new TM Ghost Daytona consumer version putter now. Would have liked the Kia Ma version, but since that's not going to be released, this will be the next best alternative...

You can buy a Kia ma and have it painted white. Thats what I almost did and might still do one of these days..

You can buy a Kia ma and have it painted white. Thats what I almost did and might still do one of these days..

Hahaha! I actually thought about doing that! Maybe you can do it first and post some pics here and we can see what it looks like :)

Hahaha! I actually thought about doing that! Maybe you can do it first and post some pics here and we can see what it looks like :)

969454973_JxqG6-L.jpg

Keep in mind that the consumer Kia Ma is also slightly different than the tour issue putters.

It would look almost exactly like the kia ma ghost you see on tour. There is an actual Kia ma ghost on ebay right now for a little over $500 still has a couple of days left though.. But if you were to paint it, you would have to buy the 2010 Kia ma then paint it and change the rossa on the bottom to black (thats what the real kia ghost has) I have the 09 kia ma its black but its not the same as the 2010. Who knows I might just have my 09 kia ma painted to white. There are a few places that customize putters over here, idk if they have places like that there?

Well I was wrong got the nike putter AND Cleveland putter. Is it bad that the fedex guy was pulling out of my driveway after delivering the nike putter and the ups guy pulls right in to deliver the Cleveland putter? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back