Right now I hate my ellipitcal, great machine but still fighting this dizziness crap. Everytime I get off that machine even if it's only been 5 minutes I want to pass out. I'm fine on the treadmill & stationary bike, but that elliptical does something to me which makes the dizziness much worse.

Still having dizziness issues? I'm sorry to hear that.

Still having dizziness issues? I'm sorry to hear that.

Dealing with it for now, I stopped going to the Dr's as right now I think they are all a bunch of quacks. They caused this & now have no idea how to stop it.

Down 27 lbs so far, goal is to lose another 10 or so. Haven't really exercised much at all, still hate that ellipitical. Bought 40lbs of barbells & have been using those as well a ton of running my butt off at work.

Congratulations Dyna! You inspire me to try to lose a few more pounds.

Congrats dyna. 37 pounds is my goal too. 39 would be better, because that would be 20%.

Congrats dyna. 37 pounds is my goal too. 39 would be better, because that would be 20%.

Our contest at work is all percentage based. So far I am at 11.5% lost, next closest is my boss at 9.6%. Goal is 15-17% which should be enough to win, unless my boss sticks with his OCD. He has actually joined a gym & goes everyday. I told him the Bataan death march will be my final ploy to win.

My father used to say that when he got the urge to exercise he'd sit real still until it passed.

My father used to say that when he got the urge to exercise he'd sit real still until it passed.

Your dad was Robert Hutchins?

Exercise

I don't, but I might. Do you?

Kevin

Not to sound like a broken record, but WiiFit is a fun way to excercise. I'm a week in and not tired of it yet!

Yup. It's either that, or don't eat.

Not to sound like a broken record, but WiiFit is a fun way to excercise. I'm a week in and not tired of it yet!

We have that. Mrs. Esox uses it. I've yet to try it.

Wasn't there an exercise/fitness forum on this site at some point?

Kevin

You should give it a go. If nothing else they have a good driving range game on it.

They talked about having a resident excercise guru at some point. At least I think I remember that?

I want to ask some exercise questions of my fellow THPers, and could have sworn there was a separate forum that I never bothered to open.

Kevin

Wasn't there an exercise/fitness forum on this site at some point?

Kevin

There is a weight limit of I believe 330 lbs for the Wii Fit....just saying:D

I don't use my exercise room as much as I should, that will be recitified once I get the flatscreen hung up in there though. Boring as hell to be on the ellipitical or treadmill with nothing to look at, they have magazine racks on them but who can read while using that equipment? Also have an exercise bike, body by jake abdominizer as well as 60lbs in dumb bells in there. Looking to pick up a 200 lb free weight set next.

I play hockey twice a week usually. Take a pilates class once a week. Usually do the stair climber twice a week at the gym and if im feeling it I will run the track and the stairs at the college a few times a week. I used to lift a lot but the wrist surgery pretty much put an end to that, dam dirt bikes.
The problem I find is that once I get in the habit of exercising more, I usually get hurt. Right now its a bum ankle but I havent let it slow me down too much. Im a pretty big guy though so Im figuring my knees will be the next to go.

Thought it would be close, so get busy & get on that thing.

I could gain a bunch of weight and still not crush it. I'm big, but not obese twin brothers on little bicycles big.

I'm thinking some low impact walking to start. In my current shape, I would be a little anxious poised way up on top of a Wii platform. The top is like three inches off the ground. I don't fancy working out until exhausted on a tiny platform perched high above the floor. What if I fell? I guess the person that helps me up when I start could serve as a spotter.

Kevin

I could gain a bunch of weight and still not crush it. I'm big, but not obese twin brothers on little bicycles big.

Kevin
Two of my favorites Kevin.
Spoiler
fat-twins.jpg

Back