Forum Testing - Nike VR Pro Combo Irons

I will say after I get some opinions. Don't want to cloud anything

I like the look of the first ones. Good ball speed to club speed, high launch, furthest carry and tightest dispersion. Looks quite clear cut by the numbers, but how do they feel?

I put my specs in yesterday. I chose KBS Tour (stiff), + 1/2", 1.5* upright. I cannot wait to receive these clubs and start the testing. I wonder how long they'll take to be made.

Alright numbers are in and I will be sending specs in tonight. Was not what I expected though. I'm going to throw some numbers up and hopefully get some guidance from the gallery

1-- Club Speed 80.73 Ball Velocity 108.8 Launch Angle 19.4 Ball Spin 5822 Carry 162.1 Total 171.1 PTR 134 Deviation 7.5
2-- Club Speed 83.20 Ball Velocity 108.1 Launch Angle 18.9 Ball Spin 5757 Carry 161.5 Total 170.4 PTR 130 Deviation 10.5
3-- Club Speed 81.75 Ball Velocity 105.8 Launch Angle 18.9 Ball Spin 5738 Carry 156.9 Total 165.5 PTR 129.6 Deviation 12.4
4-- Club Speed 79.88 Ball Velocity 106 Launch Angle 17.9 Ball Spin 5879 Carry 156.3 Total 164.9 PTR 132.7 Deviation 10.9

Please tell me that you're going with #1, no matter what shaft it is. Highest ball speed, highest launch angle, longest carry, smallest deviation, you can't get much better than that.

I would think you'd want 1 or 2.

#1 the whole way. I'm gonna guess those were DGS300's

Highest launch with S300s? I would have guessed something else.

Highest launch with S300s? I would have guessed something else.

Depends on his swing and how he hits the others. When I tested shafts I hit the DG300's the best and got the highest ball flight. I couldn't hit the others shafts well.

Depends on his swing and how he hits the others. When I tested shafts I hit the DG300's the best and got the highest ball flight. I couldn't hit the others shafts well.

Swing has tons to do with it of course. But in my opinion hitting them all the same, the S300s would be one of the lower launching.

Man Chunky Id go one or two. The only thing that sticks out is the club** speed but #1 almost seems a great choice. I have a guess on the shaft but Im not 100%. Id also have to say Id be curious if youre doing graphite vs steel. Sorry if I skimmed that.

**meant club speed

I would love to hear the guesses. I will say that I was not very surprised. There were 3 different shafts used. 2 shafts are same make different flex

I would love to hear the guesses. I will say that I was not very surprised. There were 3 different shafts used. 2 shafts are same make different flex

All steel?

I think the PX has to be one and Im guessing 5.0 was #1. But I dont know if you had the axivcore as a choice either. That launches high right? Im probably so far off lol. Dont revoke the DPA membership.

I'll say 1 is the PX Graphite in Reg/5.0

I think 1 and 2 are KBS tours. Regular and stiff respectively.

1 pX Graphite
2 Nippon steel
3 KBS steel

Well CL???

1--KBS Tour Stiff
2--DG SL S
3--PX graphite 4.5
4--PX graphite 5.5

My thoughts are that the PX is just too low launching for me. Now to be fair those were the first 2 shafts that I swung and I had not swung anything up until that point so those were basically my warmup swings. The feel was pretty good with them as well. DG SL surprised me with it's feel. I liked it quite a bit. KBS was of course just money. Love that shaft. I think if I decide to go that route I may try and get a vibration dampening grip and also go KBS in regular flex. I really want to go with the PX but I just am not sure it's for me.

Edit: As an aside. I had tested the shafts in the Mizuno MP58's and hit them pretty well. While the guy was changing the shafts I found the Pro Combo 6 iron and swung that. The guy was like woah that is much better lol. Pro Combos felt so much better than the Mizzy's also.

OHHHHH. You should have definitely rotated around.
With the way those numbers looked, I would still go PX Graphite.
All of them were darn good and the graphite has so many long term upside for you personally.

Surprised! Sounds like the KBS are for you CL. What would make you swap out the stiff for the regular, considering the numbers with the stiff?

Back