Forum Testing Signup - Bridgestone Pre-Release Golf Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

Bridgestone-golf-logo.gif

The Balls
The beautiful part of this testing, is that it is all a mystery. The testers will each get a full dozen golf balls and outside of that, we cannot release any other information. Each tester will receive these balls before they hit stores.

Criteria

You must be able to play golf (either on course or indoor facility).
Up To 100 Forum Members will be selected to participate.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the balls out (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. The kicker here is that you will have to take all of your pictures as well as write all of your reviews, but you will NOT be able to post anything until the embargo date is released. The embargo date is 1/23/13 and reviews can be put up at that time. It should give golfers plenty of time to get some good testing in before reviewing is about to start. You must be on the forum to answer questions throughout the testing period as well as discuss the balls thoroughly.

This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out the forum testing example thread here.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

1. What balls do you currently play?
2. What is your typical ball flight off the tee?
3. What is your typical miss off the tee?
4. What is your driver swing speed?
5. Have you gone through Bridgestone Ball fitting? Or the online B-Fit Chat? If so, what was recommended?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you could find out about testing before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

Oh my 100 testers?

Up to 100 testers? wow.

Unfortunately, again I can't partake in any testing due to climate and lack of getting out to play. Bridgestone balls are the real deal and this should be an awesome testing thread with that much feedback!

:bridgestone: rocks!!

This is awesome. I hate NJ. I have said it a million times. Golf ball testing is one of the best and most fun you can do. I hope a ton of people sign up for this one. Thank you THP and Bridgestone!

100 testers, how freaking awesome is this. I'll have some practice time at a indoor facility and the occasional semi-winter round so might as well throw my name in the hat

1. What balls do you currently play?--Titleist ProV1, Bridgestone E6
2. What is your typical ball flight off the tee?--Mid to high launch
3. What is your typical miss off the tee?--Right
4. What is your driver swing speed?--98 avg
5. Have you gone through Bridgestone Ball fitting? Or the online B-Fit Chat? If so, what was recommended?--I have, I was given 2 recommendations, 1 was teh E6 and one was the Bridgestone 330RX

Wow, this one is huge! Thanks to THP and Bridgestone for the opportunity for us testers! As ball testing for me is all about on-course work, I'll have to sit this one out until warmer weather comes.

Wow, this is quite the testing!!

1. What balls do you currently play? Bridgestone B330-RX or Srixon Q-Star
2. What is your typical ball flight off the tee? Mid-launch, well struck drives offer slight draw, fade, or sometimes straight
3. What is your typical miss off the tee? Pull hook (can any ball fix this?!?!)
4. What is your driver swing speed? Around 100-103 if I had to guess
5. Have you gone through Bridgestone Ball fitting? Or the online B-Fit Chat? If so, what was recommended? Yes, live fitting - B330-RX

1. What balls do you currently play? I currently play the Srixon Z-Star
2. What is your typical ball flight off the tee? Middle-High and Straight or Baby Draw Ball Flight
3. What is your typical miss off the tee? Right
4. What is your driver swing speed? 114 mph
5. Have you gone through Bridgestone Ball fitting? Or the online B-Fit Chat? If so, what was recommended? Yes I did. I went through the online Ball Fitting. I was recommended for the B330.

Thanks the :bridgestone: for this AWESOME opportunity.

1. What balls do you currently play? I use Callaway HX Diablo Tour's
2. What is your typical ball flight off the tee? typical ball flight for me is a high fade
3. What is your typical miss off the tee? a slice right
4. What is your driver swing speed? I went to Golf Galaxy about 6 weeks ago & it was 113 MPH
5. Have you gone through Bridgestone Ball fitting? Or the online B-Fit Chat? If so, what was recommended? I have done neither.

thanks!

Wow that's a lot of testers!! I better not sign up for this. There's not much golf going on here this time of the year, and i dought i could give them a good testing/ review. Good luck to everyone!

You know I am in for this one! Glad to get my sign up in before work too. Give me something to be jacked up about!

1. What balls do you currently play? - Rotating between the TM Penta TP5 and the Srixon Z-Star.

2. What is your typical ball flight off the tee? - I typically like a nice high cut, but the past year, I have been playing a draw. Sometimes nice and tight, sometimes overcooked and a pull hook.

3. What is your typical miss off the tee? - Pull hook. More swing error and timing, than the ball I am playing.

4. What is your driver swing speed? - I'm going to say between 108 and 112.

5. Have you gone through Bridgestone Ball fitting? Or the online B-Fit Chat? If so, what was recommended? - The B330 RX, which I really liked. Just wish it had a little more stopping power.

Thanks THP and Bridgestone!

Sending a PM quick

Last edited:
A couple of months of testing seems just so unlikely. I'm only a 9.0 factor handicap and can't keep a sleeve of balls for a couple of months!

1. What balls do you currently play? Taylormade Penta or Pro V1X
2. What is your typical ball flight off the tee? High Fade
3. What is your typical miss off the tee? Block to the right
4. What is your driver swing speed? 103 MPH
5. Have you gone through Bridgestone Ball fitting? Or the online B-Fit Chat? If so, what was recommended? Yes B330

Dang! 100 Testers! This is absolutely unreal. I'm in on this.

1. Bridgestone Tour B330
2. Mid - High
3. Typical miss is a big fade (slice) off to the right.
4. Driver swing speed is between 103 and 105 according to Trackman
5. I have gone through the ball fitting and was recommended the B330-RX. The only reason I switched was because I felt I got better results from the Tour B330.

Thanks to Bridgestone and THP for this awesome testing.

VERY awesome. 100? That's insane!

1. What balls do you currently play? Srixon Q-Star/Top Flite Gamer V2

2. What is your typical ball flight off the tee? Draw/Pull

3. What is your typical miss off the tee? Hard Pull

4. What is your driver swing speed? 104-107

5. Have you gone through Bridgestone Ball fitting? Or the online B-Fit Chat? If so, what was recommended? B-Fit, B330-RX.

INCREDIBLE opportunity again, thank you Bridgestone and THP!

Bridgestone rx pink :)
Mid-high with either a baby fade or a babybaby draw
Well off the tee it's a big fade but irons its a big draw
98-105mph
5. Have you gone through Bridgestone Ball fitting? Or the online B-Fit Chat? If so, what was recommended?
I was bordering on the 330s but he said I should go with the rxs (b-fit chat)
But I went for some pink balls as they were for charity :)
Plus they look cool and the spins pretty good compared to the 330s and rxs (tried all lines except standard 330)

1. What balls do you currently play? TM Penta TP
2. What is your typical ball flight off the tee? High Cut
3. What is your typical miss off the tee? Right/slice
4. What is your driver swing speed? 91.5
5. Have you gone through Bridgestone Ball fitting? Or the online B-Fit Chat? If so, what was recommended? Yes-B330-RX

Thanks THP

Wow, thanks to THP and Bridgestone for bringing this opportunity to the forum members!

I currently game the B330-RX
Mid-mid/high ball flight, usually play a fade off the tee.
Dead pull to the left.
100-105(ish)
I have done both, and both recommended for me to play the B330-RX.

A couple of months of testing seems just so unlikely. I'm only a 9.0 factor handicap and can't keep a sleeve of balls for a couple of months!

Despite balls being lost, one can still be part of the thread for a couple of months discussing what they saw during testing. And we are sending each golfer a full dozen.

I think the best I could do with this right now would be an indoor putting test, so I'll just enjoy following along with my favourite ball company.

Incredible stuff from Bridgestone and THP! Awesome.

Love this site and the oppurtunities! Sometimes it's good to live in CA and be able to play year around...

1. What balls do you currently play? Titleist pro V1x & Bridgestone B330
2. What is your typical ball flight off the tee? High cut
3. What is your typical miss off the tee? low cut/slice
4. What is your driver swing speed? 106
5. Have you gone through Bridgestone Ball fitting? Or the online B-Fit Chat? If so, what was recommended? Yes. B330RX.

Bridgestone B330S
Mid-trajectory. Slight fade or slight draw depending on the hole.
My miss is a duck hook or a high slice.
Hasnt been measured but used to be 113-116, probably 108-110 at the moment.
I have. I was recommended Tour b330s and b330s.

Love Bridgestone! Thanks to THP.

I think the best I could do with this right now would be an indoor putting test, so I'll just enjoy following along with my favourite ball company.

Incredible stuff from Bridgestone and THP! Awesome.
With 100 spots, I think that would be a valuable aspect/view for more info on myself buddy.

1. What balls do you currently play? e6 or Z-Star
2. What is your typical ball flight off the tee? mid to high
3. What is your typical miss off the tee? low pull hook most recently
4. What is your driver swing speed? 95-100mph
5. Have you gone through Bridgestone Ball fitting? Or the online B-Fit Chat? If so, what was recommended? Yes I hve gone through both. I've been recommended both the e6 and 330RX depending on my need for spin.

I'll be testing inside for a bit most likely, but I have access to a couple different ways to collect launch numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back