Forum Testing Signup - PING Golf Bags

This is another great opportunity, thanks :ping: & :thp:.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) I use a Carry bag as I always carry my clubs.
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? I have never had a seperate putter well so can't comment if I prefer one or not!!
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) 8-way. I have had a couple of Ogio bags that have the Woode divider system which is great. Think they usually have 8 dividers, with the Woods/Hybrids down one side.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Living in Scotland if we didn't play when the weather was bad we would never play!! From now until about April I usually on get on the course at weekends, if it isn't too wet or the ground covered in snow. I will play even when temperatures are below freezing as long as the course is open, we move onto winter greens. Hope to start hitting the range once a week as well.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I would use the bag for all rounds and trips to the range. Would provide photos and write ups after each session as well as answer any questions people have. My activity level hasn't been as high recently as I was on holiday and have had a lot to catch up on, will be back posting on the R11 irons thread once I have caught up.

This is great. I love Ping and my Latitude V2 but have been pondering a cart bag big time. Will have to submit my entry after work. The G20s look great in those color matched Ping Bags. Thanks THP and Ping.

Tapatalk

Awesome different testing idea...

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) - Carry stand bag
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? - Never had one yet, but would like one as long as it doesnt add alot of weight
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) - Only preference is NOT the 14 way divider setup. I find they take a few extra seconds every time you put a club away and the bottoms of the dividers ALWAYS come apart and 'grab' the grip while I try to remove it
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? - Yes, I will be golfing through November and have an indoor range within 2 miles of my house
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. - I am a daily contributor to many different sections of the subforums, not just the equipment section. I am a previous THP equipment tester who underestimated how much work was involved with testing. After a few tips & changes, I have received many positive feedback posts and thank yous on how I can relate my findings through written writeups and videos on THP & posts to Twitter. I would continue this trend by continuing to visit the range 1-2 times a week and play golf 3-4 times a month. I travel weekly for work, so I have been able to take my clubs all around the country for my previous testings. I believe I could generate some great feedback on a bag testing with all my travel.

Last edited:
1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? Carry
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? I have never used a bag with a separate putter well, but it seems like a cool, convenient idea
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? I prefer 8 dividers in a bag because that is all I have ever used and I find that it separates my clubs well.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? My course never closes to me, so I will be able to get out to the course a lot in the coming months.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I would take the bag out for rounds walking multiple times per week and occasionally riding. I would update THP after every time out as well as twitter and facebook periodically. I would take pictures and videos detailing the bag and its functions throughout the process. I would take into account all parts of the bag and do my best to answer any and all questions.

As for activity I am connected to THP all day (thanks to Tapatalk). I post a lot and love conversing/making friends with others on THP!

I would like to thank THP and Ping for this amazing opportunity. This should be a great testing for all selected as I have only heard great things about Ping golf bags. Good luck to all who enter!

Last edited:
Ping Bag testing

Ping Bag testing

I currently play a Taylormade lite bag for walking. I use one divider for my putterand
Prefer a Separate putter well but will make it work no matter what bag I use. I have owned about 15 bags in last 25 years. I would take whatever bag I'm given right to the course as I live in GA I play year round and if I get a walking bag id walk a cart bag id use the cart. I do prefer about 6 dividers at least I hate the individual ones too much trouble

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry): Cart Bag, not interested in Carry bags.
Do you prefer a separate putter well? Not decided on this, don't have a seperate putter well on my current bag.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) Currently have 6 way dividers but they are not full length. I have trouble with my Ping mid size grips hanging up in my current bag.
With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Yes will continue to play until we have snow accumulation.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. Will test the bag for weight, ability to stay centered when strapped into a cart, accessibilty and number of pockets, effectiveness of dividers on clubs hanging up, durability, appearance etc... The bag will be tested on course and at the driving range 2-3 times per week and the review thread updated on a regular basis.

Thanks to Ping for giving THP members this opportunity!

Gonna pass on this one. Plenty of bags in the basement and plenty of snow on the ground.

Ping Bag Testing

Ping Bag Testing

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) - I have a 2008 Ping Pioneer Cart Bag which I use most, and Srixon Sport Carry Bag.

2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Yes, with the head size on my mallet putter, it can be awkward getting it out past other clubs. That is one of the main reasons my carry bag doesn't get used much.

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? I normally prefer the 14 way divider as I am a bit obsessive about the condition of my golf clubs and like each one safely seperated.

4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Yes definitely. I live on the North East coast of England and so the weather changes daily. Over here, if you can't handle bad weather, you can't play golf!

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I normally play once each weekend so I will give the bag a thorough testing. I would probably prefer to test a carry bag as I would like to see if there is one which can satisfy my obsession with keeping my clubs safe. I will also be paying particular attention to the weight and comfort whilst carrying. It will need to hold waterproofs (without doubt!), plenty of balls (as I'm only a 17 hcp) and be sturdy on it's feet as the winds blow pretty strong over here.

I've never been a huge fan of the Ping carry bags because they tend to be "low" bags (meaning a lot of the club sticks out of the bag). BUT these new bags look awesome!!! Wish I could test one of these bad boys but old man winter has already hit us pretty good up here in Maine! Have fun testers!

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) Ogio cart bag and a R J Sports carry bag, I use the carry bag during the season that I normally walk (October to April), I do not enjoy walking in the hot months here in Georgia.

2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? I do like having a putter well as I have had several bags in the past with one, however neither of my current bags have one.

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) Yes I prefer 14 way dividers

4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? I rarely miss playing at least twice in any week, weather in Georgia is pretty favorible in the winter.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I would use the bag exclusively during the testing period, giving my thoughts and observations on durability, design and layout of pockets and dividers, ease of access to clubs and items in pockets, and how well the bag rest on a golf cart, pull cart and if applicable ease of carrying during a round. I am an active member of THP and plan to be here for quite a long time. I have reviewed a few items for THP and sponsoring companies and always give my honest opinion and answer any questions fellow THPers may have, I feel it is the responsibility of any reviewer to be as honest as possible.
Thank you Ping & THP for another great testing opportunity.

This is a great offer from Ping and THP!

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) I currently own and love a Ping Freestyle carry bag. I used to use a cart bag but I travel with my clubs too much an a cart bag was too bulky to pack in the travel case and haul through the airport.

2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? I'm OK either way. Frankly I've never owned a bag with a separate putter well but now that I have a really nice putter, I see the utility of them.

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way)
One of the things I don't like about my current bag with only 6 dividers causes my club grips to get all tangled mid round. So, I think I would like one with more dividers (8 or 14)

4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course?
An EMPHATIC yes! While the weather is changing, so is my location, as I will be moving to Atlanta in a mere few days and will be playing at least three times a week if not more. One of the first things I will be doing upon my arrival in Atlanta is finding a club to join.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP.

I'm active on THP. I have been a past tester who has provided good thorough honest feedback for the products I've been asked to test.

My testing plan would be to first take a through batch of pictures of both the outside and inside of all the compartments. One of the things I for in a bag is a good number of well designed pockets that I put all the items I need (and think I may need) on the course as well as the things that I don't want to leave in my car (jewelry, etc) when I play a round.

I would then pack the bag exactly as I have my current bag packed. So I could do an accurate A/B between the bags. I really like the way my current bag feels on my shoulders, lower back, and hips. It will be really important for bag to feel as comfortable. If I was testing a cart bag, again, it would be important that bag feel balanced when I'm lifting it because one of the things that I find in cart bags is they can feel unwieldy when moving them.

I would then play multiple rounds testing how easy it was to access the clubs, the balls, my tees, etc as I played. I would see how easily the bag stayed organized during a round. A bag with a good design should organized even when I'm in the heat of a round. If I was on a cart with a carry bag, I would test how well the bag stayed in place on the cart. I have seen many stand bags that move and slide on a cart because of the way the legs fit to the body. Additionally on the cart, regardless if the bag is a cart bag I would test how well the bag minimized the club chatter. I would see how easy it was to access all the pockets without having to completely undo the cart strap. I would test how easy and fast you could put the rain cover on the bag.

For the carry bag, I would test how easy and quickly you can get the straps on your shoulders and make a mid round adjustment to the lengths and tension on the shoulder straps. I would test how well the pad fit a person with smaller shoulders (woman, small man, teenager) as again my experience is the pads are often cut to fit broader shoulders than mine.

Throughout the testing process, I would post pictures of how the bag was faring in regards to wear and tear.

I have a Twitter account that I'm very active on an filing reports both here and there would not be a problem. I also have a Facebook account, and while I'm not terribly active on Facebook, I would not be adverse to posting my testing finding on both my home page, THP's, and Ping's.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) Cart bag
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Yes, inside not snap-on.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) 8 or 14
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Can only count on a few weeks left of golf here, but could stretch longer. May be in warmer clime's very soon.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I consider myself very active on THP, here multiple times daily and involved in as much content as possible. I love being a part of and reading along with the testing process here. My process for testing is simple use and evaluating all aspects with context expanded here as well as facebook and twitter.

Awesome testing opportunity, good luck to all of those that can participate!

Testing signup-Ping

Testing signup-Ping

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) Cart2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Yes3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) prefer 14 way4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Yes, I can pretty much play year round5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I try to stay active in the forums. Even if I am not posting I read the posts several times per week. I change bags every couple of years, so I have had some really not so good bags and some really good bags. I have some pretty specific things that I like in a bag, so I would be posting those likes and dislikes about the Ping bag. Then I would be reporting on wear and tear. Some bags have really ticked me off by the way that they don't hold up after the price I paid for them. You would probably get some real anal posts on wear and tear from me on how well the bag holds up.

Thanks to PING and THP!

Thanks to PING and THP!

First, thanks so much to both :ping: and :thp: for this amazing opportunity! Regardless of if I'm selected, this is awesome! Glad to be abord.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry)

I currently use a carry bag that came with the first set of golf clubs I purchased.

2. Do you prefer a separate putter well?

I have never had a bag with a putter well, so I can't say yes or no. However, I have found that I could see the use especially when my putter is clanging against my irons in my current bag.

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way)

I prefer more than 6-way dividers. My current carry bag has 6-way dividers and through use, I feel it just doesn't give me the options I want to organize. But, a lot of this could also be because my clubs just don't fit well in this bag.

4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course?

Yes. I live in Houston, Texas, so even during winters the weather is mild. Now is actually the time I get on the course the most. Also, my parents live on a golf course, so worse comes to worse, I'll walk out there and hack a few.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP.

My testing plan will depend on if if I receive a cart or carry bag

Carry: The carry bag will be tested on the range and on the course. Testing will involve ease of access to clubs, organization, storage, fit in the car and other tight places. I will also be testing use of the carry bag on a golf cart to see how versatile it is. Pictures and video will be used, along with detailed write-ups describing results and comments.

Cart: The cart bag will be tested in much the same fashion, except I'm not going to carry it around the course. I don't have a walking cart for the bag, so, this will not be done. Pictures and video will be used, along with detailed write-ups describing results and comments.

In both circumstances, organization during a round, ease of use during a round or at the golf course, versatility, storage capacity and durability will be frequent testing factors. I would update to Facebook unless Twitter is strongly preferred. I don't exactly use my Twitter account.

A fun idea I had would be to to testing updates during a round of golf. This may already have been done, but I think it would be fun to have twitter/facebook/forum updates during a round or a range session describing issues run into, or, even better, things I found I liked while testing the bag. Something like, "Man, that pocket on the left edge I didn't think would be super useful just came in super handy: the clip on the cart wasn't holding my scorecard so I just slipped it in the pocket!"

As to activity, I'm relativly new here to THP. I believe I'm pretty active, most of the time making multiple posts a day and spending multiple hours reading threads and watching videos in the Hole of the Day thread. Just had my first round of golf with fellow THPer and am planning on attending the Texas get together if it happens.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? Currently I use a cart bag, but own a stand bag as well.

2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? My bag doesnt have one, but I really like the idea of a seperate putter well.

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? I prefer a 14 way divider

4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? I will be golfing until it gets below 40s. That means I probably have another month, and then when I go back to dallas for Thanksgiving and Christmas break I will be able to play there.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP.This testing takes some creativity IMO. I think I would start by playing 18 with it just to see what I like/dont like. Then I would play another 18, 9 holes with my new bag and 9 with my old to see if anything jumps out at me. I think I would note the weight, durability, pocket sizes and numbers, etc.

My activity level is pretty high. I have over 4000 posts and post every day as well as am active in the THP FF league. I have tested things in the past and believe I have done well with those.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) Carry - Sun Mountain something from about 5 years ago
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Indifferent but would like to try one
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) I currently have an 8 way and really wish it were 14-way.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Winter in NM is nice enough that this is the time I actually push my bag around, so yes!
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I would like to approach it like I did the orange whip and leave rolling feedback on posts but summarize my thoughts on in a video posted to the pertinent thread.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) I use a carry bag as I tend to walk 90% of the time.
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? I have no preference.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) No preference, I have had 6 and 14-way and have liked both.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? I live Little Rock and you can play year round here, which I do.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I plan on getting out and playing 2-3 times throughout the winter months in which I will be walking most of the time. I am on twitter and facebook and tend to update both quite a bit which I could do from the course with quick thoughts and then post a longer discussion on the topic when I get home. I check THP a few times each day and generally have something to say on a topic most of the time.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) I currently use a staff bag, before that I used a carry bag and a cart bag.
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? I've never owned a bag that has a separate putter well, but I've always thought it was a good idea, and it will be a must I think for any future bag I buy.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way): I have had 14 way dividers and 8 and 6 and to be honest I didn't notice a huge difference either way. Perhaps more grip wear in the 8 and 6 dividers, but I didn't think about it that much.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Yes, I golf year round.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. My testing plan on THP would be to use this bag as my everyday golf bag and report my findings on how it plays vs, my last stand bag, cart bag, and how it differs from my current staff bag. Also of course, reviews on the bag itself, what I like about it, what I don't like about and how the playability of the bag is. I would update the threads after everytime I used the bag, with Pics and videos. I am active on THP.

Thank you to PING golf and to THP for this opportunity for forum members. Really cool to have a bag review.

I'm excited about this one more than any club testing. A carry bag that holds right and is light makes a huge difference when you're trying to be healthy and walk 18 holes.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) I use a Callaway stand bag I got last year for Christmas, which already is ripping at a pocket :/
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Preferred. I've had one bag without one and I'll never go back. Headcovers kept knocking into each other and falling off
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) No preference on dividers. Honestly it's the last thing I look at.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Unless it's under 40 and raining, then I'll be good to go.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. Showing the weight of the bag empty, with 14 clubs, with a dozen balls, with 2 dozen balls to the forum just so they have an idea of its weight. Then playing at least 3-4 rounds walking on course. Pics, videos, etc. will accompany reviews. Activity level on the board is numerous posts a day, multiple visits to the site hourly.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) Cart, Taylormade Catalina 2.0
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Yes, but it has to be big enough for a superstroke grip
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) I'd like as many as possible, I've had a 14 way stand bag before and now have a cart bag with only a few.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? I can still get to the course, but today was the first cold day we had here in Nebraska, but as long as there isn't snow on the ground, I'll still hit the course!
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I try to post and stay active in all forums, I've had the opportunity to test a few products in the past and have tried to be as open and honest as possible.

Thanks to THP and Ping for an awesome opportunity.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) I use a carry bag and I have a staff bag as well. Using carry now because the weather is so good and its walking season in AZ!!
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? I've never had one but would definitely prefer one. I use a shorter putter and head covers rarely stay on in the bag. I've lost a few.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) I prefer 8 way dividers. Especially when walking, its comical but crucial for me that I can get my clubs in and out easier. Something small but eliminates a lot of frustration for me.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? It actually makes it easier to walk now. The weather is gorgeous in AZ this time of year. I almost exclusively walk during the week which is when I get most of my golfing in.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP I am active on THP and have a lot of posts lol. I contribute alot to the equipment threads. My testing plan (depending on bag) would be to go the course at least 2x a week to to golf (some weeks might only be 1) and also multiple range sessions. While the range session may not seem like a lot, I find if the bag is lightweight, easy to organize it makes my sessions better. I'd test the comfort, weight, features (stand, zippers, water pocket etc), ease of taking clubs in and pulling out plus how easy it is to keep the bag organized. Those are all very important parts to me.

Very Nice ! WAy to go Ping & THP

This is awesome...i like the idea of bag testing

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) I currently have an :ogio: Vaporlite carry bag.
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? I do prefer to keep my putter separate.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) I have no preference on number of dividers
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? With the weather changing it just means my game shifts from being out on the course to being in heated stalls at the driving range.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I would post pictures and a video of the bag up receiving it both empty and with my clubs and other items I keep in my bag in it. I would try to get to the range 2-3 days a week after all of the courses in the area close. Currently there are still some open as the snow we received before Halloween has already melted near me. Then it would shift to going to the range until mid-March. Most of the time when I play I walk either carrying my bag or pushing it on my cart.

A big Thank you to :ping: and :thp: for this opportunity.

Back