Forum Testing Signup - PING Golf Bags

This testing is BA. I love Ping bags. unfortunately it is almost winter here and wouldnt be able participate.

Good luck to everyone looking to be a tester. Unfortunately I can't promise that I'll be able to play golf so I will not be signing up. I can't wait to see who gets selected, thanks to PING and THP for this great opportunity to get involved!

I love my PING Pioneer bag, and am totally jealous of all of you all year round golfers, but as my season is coming to an end, I would not be able to do this test justice. Good luck guys/gals, you will love these bags. Thank you PING/THP for the opportunity!

Another wonderful opportunity from THP and PING!!

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) Strictly a cart bag guy...old knee injuries prevent me from walking a full round.
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Yes, I have one on my current bag and love it
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) I have had all of the above, but I prefer the 14 way dividers...HOWEVER, I bought one bag with 14 way dividers and the grips would get stuck trying to pull the club out of the bag at times.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? I live in Southeast Texas, we play all year round, if fact I played on New Year's Day last year. I play at least 36 holes a week and average one practice session per week.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I will use a combination of written reviews, photos and video to describe and show the bag, it's features and how they hold up during the course of play. I am a organized type guy so I will have lots to say about the pockets and features of the bag and how they are designed. I am on THP everyday, it's my home away from home! I would consider myself very active.

Thanks again to THP and PING for this outstanding opportunity!

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? BagBoy NXO cart bag with clip-lok. I do usually ride, but the NXO fits on a 3-wheeled cart well enough for me to push it around, too.
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? YES! The bag I use now has (had) a simple lock and little cup at the bottom and it no longer functions. :bad:

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? I'm a stickler for the 14-way divider. It's all I've owned and what I know to be useful and effective. (I actually looked into this very bag, the Pioneer, a while back when considering replacement for the BagBoy.)

4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Living in the South, it may be cold/breezy/both, but I can get out there. I'm not afraid to wear a jacket and play (Georgia) winter conditions!

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I think my activity level is a bit more subtle than people may realize. I'm on here all the time! I just figured out I can get on here from my new job (SShhhh!). I read 100x more than I post. I post when I think it will be useful input, more than anything. I love comparing notes with fellow testers of the same, or similar, products. I've done a few outings with a couple dozen other THPers and think it's the best way to grow a true community of users/experts on what the average person does with their equipment...not to mention have a blast.
I can, and usually do, play twice a week with a range session or two thrown in for good measure. (And I just bought a 25 session pass!) My work is minutes from three courses and I generally have no trouble getting on any of them. I've got myself a little camera w/ video in my bag now, too. I shot some stuff for the putter demo I did and think it came out rather well. Also, my writeup for that one was like 1800 words! :bulgy-eyes:
So, my plan, as usual, is to play as much as possible, stash a bunch of stuff in the bag, as usual, and see how it works out, which I would imagine is very well.

THANKS THP AND PING!

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) - Cart bag

2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? - Yes I love them .

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) I used to have a 14 way divider and that is something that I really miss with my current bag. If I were to get a new bag it would definitely be a 14 way divider style.

4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? I have a little more than a month left of actual 'on course time.' The majority of my practice and testing over the next 3 months or so will take place at a heated outdoor range as well as an indoor facility that has a simulator.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I would use the bag multiple times a week and detail my thoughts with pictures and updates both here on THP and on Twitter. I'm an active member and equipment tester on THP and will continue to be.

This cool of Ping and THP to get together for this long term testing of the new bags, Thank you

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) I alternate between Carry bag and a Staff bag
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Over the last couple of years I have wanted a separate area for my putter, so yes I prefer a putter well
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) I like the 6 way divider because that is all I have really ever use during my golfing career. I have never used an 8way or 14way so I can't comment on my likes or dislikes
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? I can play 365 days a year in Orlando baring a hurricane or heavy afternoon shower
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I am fully involved with THP as a current and past tester of Golf gear. I am active on and off the forum with various activities.
If given the carry bag I will fill the various pockets with my golf extras and clubs and take it for a spin or a dozen on the golf course and range. I am at the range or on the course at least once a week if not more. The cart bag will work well in orlando since not a lot of courses do not allow walking, there are a few but the majority require carts. So a bag that easily accessible of all golf extra is key. Getting to ones money, phone and extra balls and tees are all key. By having the bag on the cart I will be able to test this very thing. The 14 way dividers will also be new so placing my clubs in the slots and having them easily slide in and out will be tested. I will also look for the sun durablity in the Florida climate.

This is great, you don't see a lot of testing done on golf bags buy this is the right place for it! Wish I didn't live in the north!

PING Golf Bags

PING Golf Bags

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) Carry bag but it's on my Sun Mountain push cart.

2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Yes. It's the only club I use on every hole so I like to get to it easily and without other clubs intereferring.

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) 8 Way

With the weather changing can you still get to the course? I live in the desert Southwest so I can play virtually every day!

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. In order to test the bag it must be put through the various ways in which a bag is handled and used. So I would use it as a carry bag, cart bag, throw it in the trunk, use all the zippers repeatedly etc to expose any "flaws" or areas in which to improve the product. A few drops might help determine it's ruggedness.

I'm a relatively new member to THP.

If you received the November issue of the THP Newsletter than you know that THP has teamed up with PING Golf to select 4 lucky forum members to test out the new 2012 PING Golf Bags!! They have 3 new Carry Bags and 1 new Cart Bag coming out in the next couple of weeks and we are going to get 1 of each bag for testing!! If chosen you will also have the chance to select which color you would like your bag in! Below are all the details and rules on how to sign up.
i-Bc4NWrN-M.jpg
i-KH3vZsb-M.jpg
i-WCwcfRv-M.jpg
i-wTnFfXL-M.jpg

Bags in order from left to right: 4 -Series, Hoofer, Latitude, Pioneer

Criteria
You must be able to play golf (either on course or driving range).
4 Forum members will be chosen to be a part of this testing.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test your bag frequently and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You will be asked to update Facebook and Twitter with your findings as well (minimum 1 of the 2). This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. At the end of the testing, the bag will be yours to keep.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum members. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them. If you are new, that is OK, being active is more than just tenure.

Registration is always fast, free and easy.
The Hackers Paradise - Registration

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer the following questions.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry)
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well?
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way)
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course?
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP.

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be a part of these awesome testing we do here.

Thanks to Ping Golf and THP for another great testing opportunity. My season is winding down, so I'll leave the opportunity to someone getting to play more over the late fall/winter.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) Carry Bag2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Prefer a separate putter well, large enough for an oversized putter grip

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) 14 Way
With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Yes, can play during the winter, will be testing out wet conditions.5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. Will be actively using the bag weekly at the course and the driving range. Will be testing out the ability to carry multiple layers of rain gear and clothing during the winter season. Will focus on accessibility to pockets, durability in the weather, comfort in less than ideal conditions. Active reader of THP.

This is the first time I've seen bag testing I think it's a great idea! Can't wait to read the reviews as I'm in the market for a new bag.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) I currently use a SunMountain Carry bag, that is roughly 8 years old. I have absolutely loved the bag.

2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? My current bag does not have a separate spot for a putter, so I have little experience with one. However, upon researching for future bags, it has been something I have looked for.

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) As many dividers as possible. One thing my current bag lacks is a high number of dividers. I still find myself "forcing" clubs in and out of my bag at times!

4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? There are usually a few decent golf days in November in Nebraska (Yesterday was in the upper 60's!). Today 40 and rain/snow. This weekend, mid 50's. Weather is hard to predict, but I have golfed into December, when the weather is right. Fortunately, several courses have "fall specials," I have been taking advantage of!

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I would start out with an unboxing video, focusing on the general look and initial impression of the bag. I would then plan to create videos of specific features of the bag, supplemented with photographs. ANY chances to get onto a course will be taken. (1) An initial reaction write-up, (2) a review on individual features, and (3) how the bag performs overall, on the course will be completed, as the bag makes it way onto the links.

Thanks for the opportunity PING and THP!

Hi I'm new to the site as member but have been a guest for a long time and finally decided to sign up.

I Use Both , I Carry a half set in the Summer and more in the winter when they have trolley bans or when access is limted and when Playing a 9 Hole , and I also use a Cart bag if I am playing a longer more demanding course and want to carry all my clubs.

Yes on a cart bag as it makes it easy to find, now there's a novel Idea how about putting a seperate tube on a carry bag for your putter ?

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way)
More is defnitely better although I only have 2 on my carry bag.

Yes , I live in South East of England (near London) and our winters are normally ok (the last two have not been the norm we don't normally get any snow) and most of my local courses are in good condition in the winter)

I Play or at least go to the driving range once a week so will continue to do so. Although I am new to THP I have been a guest viewer for a number of months very keen golfer and active member on a number of other forums.

WOOHOOO!!!!! Thanks :thp: and :ping:

This testing has me very excited. I love Ping products and have been sporting the G20 driver and fairway in my Latitude V2 bag. I have been really pondering a cart bag because I've been obtaining a lot of gear and using my push cart and riding a lot lately so the stand bag isn't as necessary.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) I currently use a Latitude V2 stand bag from Ping. It is an awesome bag. Well constructed with lots of thought put into the pockets to make them highly useful and overall a beautiful bag. The new one looks even better.
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Absolutely. I like to have my gear looking fresh and new, especially the putter. It's a prized possession.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way). I have 6 way divider currently and have been pondering 14 individual slots moving forward. This would be great in keeping everything organized and well preserved.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? I live in North Carolina so the weather is usually better than most. I maintain a pretty high level of activity both playing and practicing weekly in the winter. If it snows it usually doesn't last too long and I have a lot of cold weather gear.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I want to take a lot at organization and space in my current Ping vs any of the new bags in regards to pockets. I like to keep clubs specifically organized and usually work to find the best way to fit the bag with all of my clubs. I know Ping puts a lot of thought and effort into optimizing divider organization. I walk a lot with a push cart and would like to try these bags both on a push and riding cart with regards to ease of securing the bag, access on the cart, and usefullness in the differing conditions. I will also see how they hold up at the range and ease of getting it into and out of the car. Also, the lust factor. I would be paying attention to if people are looking at, or commenting on the bag. I know I would be.

As far as activity. I am trying to maintain a good level of activity here. Having been trying to post a fair amount. Learning a lot about people here on the forum which has been great. I hope to play some golf with some of the local THP'ers soon. I wish my game was in a little better shape to take part in TMC but enjoying the banter is pretty good too. I follow along with twitter and facebook and would be happy to publish my results. @pingtour is great at checking in with the Ping enthusiasts that follow along.

Big Ups to :ping: and :thp: for another great test and review opportunity! I trust that regardless of who is picked you'll get some solid feedback.

Currently I have a Sun Mountain carry bag that has two little zip-up pockets to hold the stand legs in to covert it to a cart bag. It is cool, but I'm totally over it. My primary issue with it - which I didn't think would be a problem when I purchased it, is that the bag doesn't have a vertical carry handle. This missing feature makes maneuvering the bag a pain.
I do when on the cart, but when I carry, I don't think it makes that much of a difference.
I thought I had a preference as my bag is a 14 way divider + putter well, however if I'm not careful, I'll put multiple clubs in one slot making it difficult to pull. So the best compromise for me might be an 8-way bag or a better designed 14-way slot bag.
Yes! I live in Los Angeles, there is no real weather change except for shorter days and the occasional rain, or as the rest of the country calls it, drizzle!
I think with testing a bag it isn't about the obvious things but rather the small design elements PING chose to put into the bag. So while I would start with a video/pic overview at first, I would try to focus on those little things that could really make a difference with how satisfied one might be with a bag. I have never really used or looked at a PING bag, so I definitely have an open mind about it. I'm also working very hard at improving my game, trying to hit the range at least twice a week with a 18 or 9 hole round once every two weeks, maybe more if I'm lucky enough. This should give me ample time to use the bag during the winter months and into the next season. I try to log on to THP to read or comment every day or two, often times more than once a day. I try to always make thoughtful and/or useful comments.

dang, i always wanted to try out a Hoofer.
unfortunately...ol' man winter soon approaches...

At present I switch between two bags. Both Bags happen to be Taylor Made Season Opener Bags. My only gripe with the walking bag is I wish it was a touch bigger and had more dividers. I believe thats where the Ping Latitude will fit the bill.
Yes I would like a bag that has a separate well for the putter. I find it to make it very easy to retrieve the putter on every hole as it is the only club that I use almost 100% of the time, unless I happen to chip one in...LOL.
Yes,I believe i partially answered this question in part in question number 1. I would like to have either 8 or 14. 14 makes it so no clubs ever get entangled with any other clubs.
Yes we golf all year unless there is snow! If that does happen then I will use the heated driving range that is perfect for those days when the course is covered in snow.
For me the biggest part of the testing will be to see if the Ping Latitude compares to my other walker bag. I always take pictures for any review I have done and have posted many reviews on any golf items I pick up each year just to let the fellow golfers out there how they perform for me and how they may perform for the masses.I'm a member on 6 different golf forums at present.I try to participate in all the forums as each brings their own unique approach to the golf forums on the net. I tend to post in batches and then read a bunch more then posting just to increase post counts to be a post leader. If I were lucky enough to be chosen by Ping and THP, I will give this review 100% of my attention. I have never been a tester on THP but as many others would cherish the opportunity. I was very busy this past summer with starting a new golf business so my post counts and contribution was down from when I first joined THP. But I can see that I will have much more free time to view and post here in the future and will be much more active. Thanks THP and Ping for bringing this great opportunity to the THP community!
Tim

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? Carry
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Yes, definitely
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? My preference would be 8-way, but only because that is what I am used to
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? I am in GA, so I play and practice year round.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. My testing plan would involve video of unpacking and setting up the new bag, as well as how it functions on a cart, or when walking a round. It would also include photos of any wear or changes in where I keep everything, as well as weekly updates to THP, Facebook, and Twitter. I am reasonably active on THP, and post whenever I have something to contribute.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) I have a Cart and Carry I switch between from week to week depending on circumstances.
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? I've never had one but I believe I would enjoy one.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) 14 is my preference, 8-way minimum.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? The golfing weather just got good down here in Texas!!! Weather is not an issue here.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. 2 range 1 round, or 1 range 2 rounds is my normal weekly golf schedule, so the bag will get tested during this time. Comments each night after use summing up my thoughts and opinions on the item. I’ll be looking for ease of use, durability, organization, and overall impression. I frequent THP for about a total of around an hour or so a day most days lately. Always reading and posting when I feel it appropriate or when I have experience with an item.

Thanks to PING and THP for bringing a new product to the forum testing world. Should be a very interesting one to follow or participate in!

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) - Titleist Ultra Lightweight Stand Bag
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? - No, not necessarily.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) Not necessarily, but more than 2 would be good. Clubs get stuck if there isn't separation - current peeve.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Colorado golf is year round and I volunteer as a marshall so I get daily access.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I play a lot. At least a round a day and pretty much always walk, so for testing - this bag will get used. Biggest factors for me are comfort and space, yet keeping it as light as possible. It will be a tough test for this bag.

Bring it on!

These are some really beautiful bags! Thanks PING and THP for another great testing opportunity!

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? Carry bag on my ClicGear 3.0
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Yes
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? I currently have a bag that has 8 dividers and I like it a lot. I have never used a 14 divider bag, but they look really great!
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? I will still be able to get on the course. I golf in rain or shine.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. My hope is to be able to get to the range about 1-2 times a week and I will get to play about once a month once the days start getting shorter. I am very active on THP and I plan on updating the thread with my thoughts as I am able to use the bag.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) Cart
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Yes, only club I use on every single hole
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) I prefer the 14-way divider
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? It's always sunny in Southern California. Okay, maybe not always, but we have 365-day golf weather.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I'm a responsible guy. If selected, as in my previous ball testing, I will provide my feedback each week. I'm a weekend warrior and play once a week. I will post my feedback here and on twitter. I will test all the features, ease of use, and overall comfort of the bag so as not to distract from an already complicated game. As a previous Ping Hoofer user, I know Ping golf bags.

This would be an awesome opportunity! Here's my answers to your questions:

- Carry (Stand bag)

- No preference, although a separate putter well would be a good place to put my putter on Time Out

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like?
- My current bag is a 4-way and I find it's sufficient. Although having more dividers would make accessing the clubs a little easier.

- I live in Southern California so I'm not too affected by the weather. Now trying to get past my wife is a different question...

- I live close to a few different golf courses (hilly, executive, narrow). If I'm selected, I'd take the bag to as many courses as I could and I wouldn't use a cart or pull-cart (unless it's mandatory). I usually play 18 once a week, but if I couldn't make it on a course, I can definitely get on the range. The criteria I'd use to evaluate the bag would be: Functionality, Aesthetics, Durability, Weight, and Gotta-Have-It factor.
- As far as activity level on THP, I'm new but I'm very passionate about golf. I usually log on to THP once a day, and although I don't have a high post count, I'm usually reading golf reviews on the forum.

Again, thanks for the opportunity!

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) I currently use a Taylor Made carry bag but have always wanted to switch over to the cart bag one day.

2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Do not perfer however I have never owned a bag with a putter well. I've always managed to place the putter in the bag where I can get to it the quickest.

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) My current bag has the 14 dividers and I like that. Makes it easy to get to any club I need and makes the bag look better I think.

4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Yes Sir.....Dallas, TX is pretty much golf year round except for a month or so in the deep winter months.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. Based on what I've seen with other testers on this site, it is really important to capture your feedback right off the bat when the product comes in. I think that's when people's interest is at the highest. I would provide instant feedback via videos, write-ups and facebook once the bag arrived. I also play at a county club and would get other members feedback about the product while I was there. I venture to THP on a daily basis.

Thanks for the opportunity PING and THP and good luck to those that end up as testers!

Back