Forum Testing Signup - The SCOR System

I am more excited about this thread than any I have seen since being a member.

Ran through the scorfit and I'm a little surprised by the recommendations. My current pw is 45*, but scor recommends a 42, 47, 52, 57 combo.......interesting!

Couldn't agree more Duey. I was SUPER pessimistic when the announcement of the SCOR line came out a while back in another thread but the more I read their site the more it makes sense, not to mention the v-sole is flat out an awesome thing on its own. This really is going to be a fun one to see unfold, I think its going to completely change some peoples games.

Yeah jman, on first look I was no fan of that sole shape, but after a bit of reading I'm very curious how they would fit different lies and swing types. Should learn a lot in this thread.

Tap,Tap,Tap

I figure this thread will blow up once the testers get these clubs in their hands.

I figure this thread will blow up once the testers get these clubs in their hands.

Yes sir, possibly even before as they (We, hehe) start the ScorFit process. That should really be interesting to see what is recomended, whats chosen and then the results.

Yes sir, possibly even before as they (We, hehe) start the ScorFit process. That should really be interesting to see what is recomended, whats chosen and then the results.

I honestly don't think I've been this excited for a testing, I think its because its such a unique concept. I will say its killing me thinking about it.

I have ta agree with you on this one brother. If I was to get chosen I would probably have to go with what they recommended and then see what happens. I really like this concept and am looking forward to reading the outcome of all this.

I use the heck out of my wedges because i have a long drive. Having more options in my bag would be awsome. My course has alot of short par fours and the ability to play differnt wedges at differnt lenghts instead of the same wedge with a differnt swing would be really nice.

After my round today, this testing intrigues me even more. It seems like the style/design of the standard club changes drastically going from PW to after market wedges. I hit irons well today and struggled with 52 and 56 degree wedges within 100 yards. I think a continuation of the traditional iron into the wedge lofts is a great concept that is long overdue.

---
- Tappin' from my iPad in support of Team Hackers!

Agreed. This thread is going to be a good one. I did the Scorfit, and it's recommendations were completely different than my current setup. Very interesting to say the least.

Man I'm really pumped to hear about these, I would like to see what the 9 iron and pw lofts are like.

I replaced my current stock pw( mach speed) with a cg16 46 pw, it was a great decision as chipping around greens is easier and I like a blade down there anyways.

Probably go 42-46-50-54-58

I think those lofts are great all around clubs, give you good spaces for hitting half and 3/4 shots

CG I had the same setup when I plugged in my specs. Since the majority of ones strokes come 100 and in, whom ever test these will be updating a great deal. I'm sure the questions will flow from everyone else.

---
- Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Man I'm really pumped to hear about these, I would like to see what the 9 iron and pw lofts are like.

I replaced my current stock pw( mach speed) with a cg16 46 pw, it was a great decision as chipping around greens is easier and I like a blade down there anyways.

Probably go 42-46-50-54-58

I think those lofts are great all around clubs, give you good spaces for hitting half and 3/4 shots

Plugging in my specs they suggested 41, 45, 49, 53, 57 on the five club set and 42, 47, 52, 57 for the four club. That could change as I had to plug the wrong set of irons in. They dont list the Nickent 4DX Pro's.

I'm loving the excitement in here. Along with everyone else, I can't wait for the announcement.

1. What wedges do you normally play?]My PW is a Taylormade TP MB and my other wedges are Taylormade XFT with the Z groove (non conforming) insert.
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Yes, 1/2 inch long with KBS shafts
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? Five wedges in total --64, 60, 56, 52 and PW
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Distance control, predictable bounce, accuracy, spin control. I like the option to hit a variety of shots with all my wedges except the 64....thats my flop shot only club.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? i play a lot of golf and insist on great wedge play (my golf buddies nick-named me Chip Ninja). I will put these into play 3-4 times per week and play them in a variety of courses/grass/sand types. I am very vocal on my opinions on clubs and will give these a fair shot against my TM's. I have no problem posting my thoughts every time I play them. I am also happy to share my thoughts/findings on FB or other social networking sites.

SCOR4161 5 Club Set
SCOR4161 43° - 144-148 Yards
SCOR4161 47° - 130-134 Yards
SCOR4161 51° - 119-123 Yards
SCOR4161 55° - 108-112 Yards
SCOR4161 59° - 98-102 Yards

SCOR4161 4 Club Set
SCOR4161 44° - 140-144 Yards
SCOR4161 49° - 125-129 Yards
SCOR4161 54° - 111-115 Yards
SCOR4161 59° - 98-102 Yards

These clubs/system is going to provide awesome reviews. Can't wait to see the testers, hopefully i'm one hehe :fingers-crossed:, because it is going to be very fun.

Every time someone replies to this thread I freak out. Sheesh. lol

Based on the scorfit's 5 club package, it is taking my wedge set distance out to about 150 yards. I think its going to be really interesting to see the effect these wedge sets have on the GIR stat as on almost all Par 4s and about half the par 3s I play, I'm hitting 150 and in to the green. If this works like advertised, that could mean at least a couple strokes a round in scoring improvement, which is freakin huge.

Like many others here, really looking forward to seeing this in action.

I know the testing isn't open to lefties but are these wedges available to them?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Thanks for the link! A good read indeed

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Thanks what a great read.

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I know the testing isn't open to lefties but are these wedges available to them?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Found this hunting around TC:

"left handed tooling is in process...we'll have them by the end of the year in time for the 2012 spring season...if not sooner."

1. What wedges do you normally play? TaylorMade xFT 50* 56* 60*

2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Yes to an extent. I play standard length and lie, but I just went with gaps that I prefer.

3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 4

4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? I like a wedge that doesn't have a really thick top line at address. I prefer a wedge that provides some spin and I like a c-grind in the higher lofted wedges to allow for opening the face up on tighter lies. Forgiveness is nice as well.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play at least twice a week and spend a fair amount of time on the range. I sped a lot of time practicing wedge shots from 100 yards and in. I would update the thread after every session and have the ability to capture swings/sounds with my Flip cam. I am on THP daily reading posts and commenting.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

1. What wedges do you normally play?
PW is my set CB carbon at 46*, others are Callaway Jaws 52*, 56*, 60*
2. Are your clubs fit for your game?
Irons are stock, and wedges are stock as well.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry?
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs?
Consistency is number 1. I tend to like a slightly larger faced wedges, and I look for a wedge that will give me that nice lower launch and 1-3 feet of back spin and pray it doesn't eat my ball for
breakfast lol.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
Testing will be to find out the difference in yardages with the SCOR irons vs my current set, explaining what I see and feel; as well are short game practice. If I don't find my yardages before I play with them I don't see how I could give the clubs are fair shot. Then the SCOR clubs will go in the bag for my weekly rounds with thoughts posted that night going over the high's and low's of the days scoring game along with looking back for posted questions in the thread that I can hopefully answer.
My activity level consists of browsing any chance I get via tapatalk, as well as a usual hour or so at night on the PC. I don't have a ton of posts but when I do I usually make them count :)

Ok, I just went through the SCORFIT and they give me 2 options. The first is a five club set and the second is a 4 club set. The weird part is that depending on which set I went with they recommend different loft gaps. Why would they recommend 4* gaps on one set and 5* gaps on the other? Wouldn't the 5th club in the first set replace my current 9 and PW while the second set replaces just the PW?

SCOR4161 5 Club Set
SCOR4161 43° - 148-152 Yards
SCOR4161 47° - 135-139 Yards
SCOR4161 51° - 122-126 Yards
SCOR4161 55° - 111-115 Yards
SCOR4161 59° - 101-105 Yards

SCOR4161 4 Club Set
SCOR4161 44° - 145-149 Yards
SCOR4161 49° - 129-133 Yards
SCOR4161 54° - 114-118 Yards
SCOR4161 59° - 102-106 Yards

Last edited: