Future of Product Testing on THP

This is getting off the main purpose of the thread, but I gotta ask, in addition to replying to the reviews, the radio shows, etc., how many people "Like" or Retweet or Share on Facebook these articles and shows? That's also a good way to get this oinformation out to the masses. I don't know if the people I am friends with pay any attention to the THP articles I post on my FB page, but I know if I didn't do it, then for sure none of them would see them.

I keep getting viruses on my Twitter, so I've quit using it. As far as Facebook, I don't do a lot on there either, but I always mention THP when I'm on other golf company's pages. A few times I've hit the like button, and will continue to do so.

I think it's a little of both, but probably more of what you said. I mean any thread will die without information being put up, and that's what was happening no doubt. And I'm definitely aware of how many people other than just members find these reviews. I saw many of them prior to becoming a member, and I have sent many people this way by posting a link on TaylorMade's Facebook multiple times. As far as reading the home page reviews, I've been reading a lot of them lately. I sometimes comment, and I sometimes send a PM to the poster with questions I might have that maybe weren't covered, or I came up with. On that same note, if no one at all was reading them, don't you agree that the motivation would not be there to keep on writing? I'm not saying they should stop in any way, because I enjoy reading them. I mean, there is a a reason they were hired to test and post about these products, and it's because they do a heck of a job with it. Please don't ever stop doing that.

I have been writing reviews on the home page for just about 3 years. I assure you that regardless of comments, I keep writing them.
When you signed up for testing, there was never something that said "if people stop asking questions, you should stop writing reviews". The only thing we said all along was that testing is a several month process and updates are needed frequently. Im not here to argue with someone about what they are or are not doing, but its not hard to see who is and who is not doing a good job by looking at the thread. If a forum testing review thread is 9 pages back in the equipment section, that is a problem. I was not under the impression that motivation was needed for long term testing reviews. Apparently I was incorrect in that a couple of people have mentioned that and while I dont agree at all, some evidently feel that way. I just never knew that people needed a motivation to write the reviews on the equipment that they received from THP. I do think that people signing up for testing should possibly mention this though as its kind of an important part of testing.

I never said I needed motivation, I keep putting up reviews, but it would just be appreciative if someone would comment , same thing with the home page, you don't need motivation, but I bet you feel better about a review that has 20 comments compared to 2

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

I never said I needed motivation, I keep putting up reviews, but it would just be appreciative if someone would comment , same thing with the home page, you don't need motivation, but I bet you feel better about a review that has 20 comments compared to 2

I think you might want to see who the quote was to. Nobody was directing anything at you.
And your right, it would be appreciative if someone would leave a comment. There are lots of testing threads that feel the same way, but its not about that. Its about reviewing the product that was sent to you. That is it.

I think you might want to see who the quote was to. Nobody was directing anything at you.
And your right, it would be appreciative if someone would leave a comment. There are lots of testing threads that feel the same way, but its not about that. Its about reviewing the product that was sent to you. That is it.

You said a couple people, I assumed, sorry, but your right, its not about comments, its about getting your thoughts out on a product, like with the driver I didn't update every round, but I updated when something would be different, and posted positive and negative

I know see so much positive, I think people are scared to post negative stuff, I know there are great products, but everyone to find everything positive..

Sorry I'm rambling on..

You said a couple people, I assumed, sorry, but your right, its not about comments, its about getting your thoughts out on a product, like with the driver I didn't update every round, but I updated when something would be different, and posted positive and negative

I know see so much positive, I think people are scared to post negative stuff, I know there are great products, but everyone to find everything positive..

Sorry I'm rambling on..

Im sorry you dont think that people are writing honest reviews and only putting up the negative. That is something that you can address with them in their testing threads, but it does not have much to do with this thread. This is about the future of product testing and the issues that we are having right now and whether we are going to continue to do it. If you disagree with someone's information or want more information, do exactly what you are asking others to do. Ask in the appropriate thread.

Im sorry you dont think that people are writing honest reviews and only putting up the positive. That is something that you can address with them in their testing threads, but it does not have much to do with this thread. This is about the future of product testing and the issues that we are having right now and whether we are going to continue to do it. If you disagree with someone's information or want more information, do exactly what you are asking others to do. Ask in the appropriate thread.

Sorry, I got off topic. And I will do, as I follow all the testing threads.. here's to hoping a lot comes from testing and threads don't die :)

You all know that you can "Like" threads too?

I didn't know that actually. How do I do it? I'm not much of an FB person, so I don't know all the ins and outs.

I didn't know that actually. How do I do it? I'm not much of an FB person, so I don't know all the ins and outs.

There is a Like button on the upper right of every page of a thread.

I try to stay out of this thread as quite honestly I hate it, but today has again shown me a lot about the testing on THP. We all joined this site because we love golf and the lifestyle and wanted to discuss our favorite sport with people as crazy about as we are. We then on top of that have the opportunity to test golf equipment that we would normally never be able to do, and write reviews on it to share with our fellow members.
This is not my favorite part of THP, its just a part of THP and I love seeing my friends fall in love with a new hybrid or driver that they would normally never have picked up, or find a shaft that is right for their game, all because a fellow member of the site wrote a review that had them go and try it. However it has become clear to me that maybe its all too much. This thread comes up far too often for my tastes with people either complaining that they were not chosen for testing, or that they are doing their best but just can't find the time, or people take a product and then just disappear.
Yes we all love to see people commenting on the testing we are doing and on other peoples testing threads but that is not what the testing is about. Think of all the "guests" that are coming to the site after googling a review on a set of irons they are interested in and reading your review. They are not going to be posting a comment, and you will never know they were there, but your review could have swayed them to purchase a product, or not. Your good review could have also brought a new member to the site who will be contributing in the future to this great site.
I've personally been fortunate enough to test a set of irons for THP and I found it to be a challenging experience that I loved, but it was a lot of work. I was lucky to have a great group of testers with me and together I think we were able to have a successful testing thread, but we worked hard at it. Its true it can be hard when your thread is not getting as many comments as you would like, but its your job to report your findings every time you go out and play with the club and give your honest assesment. If you can't do this because you aren't getting enough feedback then its time for you to pass the club on to someone else who would relish the opportunity.
I've really gotten to the point where I would almost like to see testing end on THP. The complaining and constant debate over why not chosen, who was chosen, ect.. has just gotten to be too much, and has started to take away from the friendly golf atmosphere that brought me and most others to this site in the first place. I'm here to talk golf with nut jobs like myself and then meet up with them and play golf and have fun. I hope you are too.

Just read the past 5 pages of this thread. I like the idea of sending the equipment back, but, how will you guys enforce this?

I know I am fully guilty of being a horrible tester. I have many excuses, many of which seem to already have been posted here. It's mainly why I won't be attempting to be a tester anymore, but a reader of the reviews.

I'll definitely try to become much more vocal in the review threads and homepage articles. Even though I may not be partaking in testing for THP, I still want the product testing by quality forum members to exist here, because I feel like it brings a very unique and personal view that other forums can not match.

I try to stay out of this thread as quite honestly I hate it, but today has again shown me a lot about the testing on THP. We all joined this site because we love golf and the lifestyle and wanted to discuss our favorite sport with people as crazy about as we are. We then on top of that have the opportunity to test golf equipment that we would normally never be able to do, and write reviews on it to share with our fellow members.
This is not my favorite part of THP, its just a part of THP and I love seeing my friends fall in love with a new hybrid or driver that they would normally never have picked up, or find a shaft that is right for their game, all because a fellow member of the site wrote a review that had them go and try it. However it has become clear to me that maybe its all too much. This thread comes up far too often for my tastes with people either complaining that they were not chosen for testing, or that they are doing their best but just can't find the time, or people take a product and then just disappear.
Yes we all love to see people commenting on the testing we are doing and on other peoples testing threads but that is not what the testing is about. Think of all the "guests" that are coming to the site after googling a review on a set of irons they are interested in and reading your review. They are not going to be posting a comment, and you will never know they were there, but your review could have swayed them to purchase a product, or not. Your good review could have also brought a new member to the site who will be contributing in the future to this great site.
I've personally been fortunate enough to test a set of irons for THP and I found it to be a challenging experience that I loved, but it was a lot of work. I was lucky to have a great group of testers with me and together I think we were able to have a successful testing thread, but we worked hard at it. Its true it can be hard when your thread is not getting as many comments as you would like, but its your job to report your findings every time you go out and play with the club and give your honest assesment. If you can't do this because you aren't getting enough feedback then its time for you to pass the club on to someone else who would relish the opportunity.
I've really gotten to the point where I would almost like to see testing end on THP. The complaining and constant debate over why not chosen, who was chosen, ect.. has just gotten to be too much, and has started to take away from the friendly golf atmosphere that brought me and most others to this site in the first place. I'm here to talk golf with nut jobs like myself and then meet up with them and play golf and have fun. I hope you are too.

I normally don't quote large posts but this post right here is incredible.

I agree with most of this, especially the part about people complaining about not being a tester. They need to realize that testing is a privalege we get here at THP, not a given thing that people get new stuff for free. I would, on the other hand, not like to see testing end, though I can easily see why you might think that way.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

I agree with most of this, especially the part about people complaining about not being a tester. They need to realize that testing is a privalege we get here at THP, not a given thing that people get new stuff for free. I would, on the other hand, not like to see testing end, though I can easily see why you might think that way.

---

I do not wish that testing would end, I love reading everyones reviews, but everything that goes on around it is what I need to see end, and I'm not sure if there's a way around it.

I do not wish that testing would end, I love reading everyones reviews, but everything that goes on around it is what I need to see end, and I'm not sure if there's a way around it.

I agree with this. After testers are announced, there is usually a handful of people who complain about either not being picked, or about who was picked. Rather than pout about not being picked, be active in the testing thread and participate in the forums. Being a member of THP is a privilege, being chosen to do testing is not a right.

I agree... with the nut job part. Hehe.

I think this thread tends to pop up every once in a while (tends to be when the big boy testings are announced) mostly due to the fact that certain folks don't get to be selected. It happens and if you've been here long enough it becomes routine. I think what GG posted makes absolute sense and I'm glad that GG & JB have that open line of communication with the OEM's to make sure they are delivering on expectations. It's always a good thing to have a two way street when it comes to that side of the business so future opportunities are explored to the fullest.

Other than reiterating the fact that there are more avenues in THP other than the actual forum in itself will people go that route. It does feel a bit demoralizing when you're not getting much commentary on a product that reviewing (positive or negative) but that's just part of the job. There'll be certain products where the hits will come because it is the hottest thing since sliced bread and there are those that are not. Best thing to do is just to disregard those things and just write a solid review and continue to do so and keep answering questions whenever asked AND stay active in the forum AND other aspects of THP (Radio, Home Page, Twitter, FB, etc.). It isn't easy, but nobody ever said it would be.

I agree with this. After testers are announced, there is usually a handful of people who complain about either not being picked, or about who was picked. Rather than pout about not being picked, be active in the testing thread and participate in the forums. Being a member of THP is a privilege, being chosen to do testing is not a right.

Exactly. There is nothing I hate more than people who whine for not being picked. Sure, I haven't been picked for testing, but I don't complain about it. I enjoy reading the reviews of the lucky few who have. And when I scroll through some complaints, many of these people have no more than 100 posts.

If I might be so blunt... the breeze requests everyone to STD (Stop The Drama). That is all.

I'm in full agreement.

If I might be so blunt... the breeze requests everyone to STD (Stop The Drama). That is all.

I'm in full agreement.

Hahaha. I hate this thread, all though I know there are times its needed. Pretty sad, but the STD cracked me up!

I really do hate this thread :banghead:

It sucks to see anyone do anything but stand in awe of what THP does. Gotta take the good with the bad I guess. Luckily it's 99.9% good and it's unfortunate the other 0.1% can have such a dramatic effect on things. Human nature to be lured to controversy I guess. I am like you CB, can't stand to see people look right past what makes THP so unique. I posted a couple pages back and once a very long time ago in this thread. Hopefully this will be my last as I would like to see this thread disappear into the archives. Great post CB.

When I see posts in any thread that drift from courtesy or respect I skim on by. What else can be done? I think JB and GG are very tolerant of many things and I admire them for it. Can't say I would be as tolerant when it comes to rabble-rousers. Guys, I am not singling anyone out, seriously. Just think before you hit that "Post Quick Reply" button. What may seem like a very insightful and clever comment can give a very false impression. All right, enough self righteousness from me for one night.

JB, I will be more active with social media for THP. It's not something I normally do, but if it helps the cause no reason for me not to pitch in.

JB, I will be more active with social media for THP. It's not something I normally do, but if it helps the cause no reason for me not to pitch in.

I will as well. Always happy to promote THP and I wasn't even aware of the Facebook page until today. Just liked THP!

---

I just hate that it has to be here.

I mean seriously.
I am thankful and feel lucky to be chosen for testing two products. But that's not why I'm here. I have only played with one other THPer and can't wait to play with more. I am excited everyday to come on here to gather more knowledge from golf. I have never learned so much about golf equipment since I cam here from shafts to the actual clubs. I have learned so much here so the testing itself is outweighed by the community(if that makes sense to someone)

This is getting off the main purpose of the thread, but I gotta ask, in addition to replying to the reviews, the radio shows, etc., how many people "Like" or Retweet or Share on Facebook these articles and shows? That's also a good way to get this oinformation out to the masses. I don't know if the people I am friends with pay any attention to the THP articles I post on my FB page, but I know if I didn't do it, then for sure none of them would see them.

I have "liked" a few times on FB and I will make a conscious effort to spread the word more via that avenue. If someone will teach me twitter ( still not totally sure about what the heck I am doing) I will "Retweet" as well..LOL

Back