Future of Product Testing on THP

Anyone that reads through the thread will quickly surmise that I am the moron that sent the email to the OEM. The email was sent to gain some clarification on what I was sent certainly not to question it, nor to cause any harm to THP. Obviously, I made a gigantic mistake. I apologize.

I just want to be clear I was joking with the moron comment. Please don't take it personal as I was just messing and probably took it a bit too far. If I offended you I apologize.

I just want to be clear I was joking with the moron comment. Please don't take it personal as I was just messing and probably took it a bit too far. If I offended you I apologize.

I took it to be a joke and laughed with a hearty chuckle, but I have met you.

I took it to be a joke and laughed with a hearty chuckle, but I have met you.

Yah sometimes I forget I am typing and not talking and get a little carried away and people can't "see" my sarcasm. I realized after I typed it it probably wasn't the best way to word it.

You, my friend, are a GOD. This is a perfect post. And you're completely right: people shouldn't sign up expecting to be chosen. There are some 7500 members on the site, and yet people act like they should automatically be chosen. THP is not a site for you to get free equipment all the time (except the contests), it's a place for you to test equipment and help out fellow golfers with your insight. I have made decision on my wedges, putter, hybrid, and irons all from info I gained from THP, along with my own testing. THP is a one-of-a-kind site, and it's disgusting to see people take advantage of the generosity of THP and the OEMs

I agree, great post. I've only been a member for a few months, and while I haven't bought any new clubs since I've joined, it has influenced my ball choice, and I have learned a lot of interesting things about different companies that I never knew (for example, people seem very happy with Cleveland woods, and before joining I never would have thought seriously about them enough to try them). The next time I do get new clubs, this site will be an invaluable tool in narrowing down my choices. People that complain should shake their heads; there is so much great stuff on this site, think of being chosen to test something as the sprinkles on the icing on the cake.

Yah sometimes I forget I am typing and not talking and get a little carried away and people can't "see" my sarcasm. I realized after I typed it it probably wasn't the best way to word it.

Don't feel bad, people often don't get my sarcasm speaking face to face even when I try to be obvious.

Forum Member Help:

So I have been thinking about that idea of having a 'Guideline' thread where new and current testers can go to see examples of testing techniques and posts that other forum members, or the mods really liked. In order to make this a successful and helpful thread I am going to need your help. If you have a poster, post, testing technique or anything else that you found positive about the testing process please send me a PM with a link to that post so I can get started on creating this master guideline thread.

Thanks!!

Woohoo! Time to do some searching and sending! There are so many awesome posts to chose from!

Maybe I should stay out of this topic since I am a newbie but the THP method of testing is so much better than picking up a golf publication with 1 product pic and 3 sentences. Please don't ever change method of testing! I can't get enough of this stuff

Maybe I should stay out of this topic since I am a newbie but the THP method of testing is so much better than picking up a golf publication with 1 product pic and 3 sentences. Please don't ever change method of testing! I can't get enough of this stuff

Nor I! Not sure what the fuss is all about. Had I never taken up a piece of gear for THP I'd be a happy camper. Testing, done properly, is a part time job in my book and not to be taken lightly.

I agree, great post. I've only been a member for a few months, and while I haven't bought any new clubs since I've joined, it has influenced my ball choice, and I have learned a lot of interesting things about different companies that I never knew (for example, people seem very happy with Cleveland woods, and before joining I never would have thought seriously about them enough to try them). The next time I do get new clubs, this site will be an invaluable tool in narrowing down my choices. People that complain should shake their heads; there is so much great stuff on this site, think of being chosen to test something as the sprinkles on the icing on the cake.

Yupp I know come winter time when I pick up some new irons I will look here first and make a list of what to consider. I find actual customer/user reviews much more helpful than any magazine!

I hate having to post in this section. I really do. I think starting in the next couple of weeks, we are going to have a sticky thread called forum testing feedback and suggestions to eliminate this thread from coming back. In the meantime, I want to offer some do's and dont's that are coming up in all the testing threads in terms of feedback.

Do - Post feedback and/or thoughts on the clubs as often as possible.
Dont - Go more than 3-4 days without posting in the thread.
Do - Make sure that information/posts are given multiple times per week.
Dont - Make all of your posts from Tapatalk filled with typos (or eliminate your taptalk signature).
Do - Take the time to read what your fellow testers are posting.
Dont - Do only video feedback. Some people do not or cannot watch videos.
Do - Make sure that if your testing thread is falling behind, add something of information to bring it back.

Please understand that if you are playing or practicing 2 times a week, that updates should be done after each session. Not once a week. And lastly, please understand that testing is not a quick writeup for some free clubs. With it comes responsibility and not everybody wants that. Failure to follow through with "long term testing" has an affect on everybody else in future tests or lack thereof.

Thanks for listening.

I hate having to post in this section. I really do. I think starting in the next couple of weeks, we are going to have a sticky thread called forum testing feedback and suggestions to eliminate this thread from coming back. In the meantime, I want to offer some do's and dont's that are coming up in all the testing threads in terms of feedback.

Do - Post feedback and/or thoughts on the clubs as often as possible.
Dont - Go more than 3-4 days without posting in the thread.
Do - Make sure that information/posts are given multiple times per week.
Dont - Make all of your posts from Tapatalk filled with typos (or eliminate your taptalk signature).
Do - Take the time to read what your fellow testers are posting.
Dont - Do only video feedback. Some people do not or cannot watch videos.
Do - Make sure that if your testing thread is falling behind, add something of information to bring it back.

Please understand that if you are playing or practicing 2 times a week, that updates should be done after each session. Not once a week. And lastly, please understand that testing is not a quick writeup for some free clubs. With it comes responsibility and not everybody wants that. Failure to follow through with "long term testing" has an affect on everybody else in future tests or lack thereof.

Thanks for listening.

Those "Do's/Don'ts" are more than fair and should be simple to follow.

JB I like those do's and dont's. I think sometimes people dont realize how involved testing is and that its almost like a second job, albeit an unbelievably fun second job. I really enjoy seeing threads that stay at the top and enjoy people like CL who post great feedback after each and every section.

I think that every tester should have to sign a paper or digital document stating that they will conform to the testing criteria or they will need to send the item back for someone else to test.

I think that every tester should have to sign a paper or digital document stating that they will conform to the testing criteria or they will need to send the item back for someone else to test.

It should never come to that to be honest but that's just my opinion. JB and GG seem to always pick the right people and also always have good judgement. The do's/don't list is fine by me.

Maybe you could pick 20 or some number of people you think would do well for product testing and then randomly pick from that pool. I think people feel the picking is too subjective and that could cause some members to be upset. You could send them a message that they were picked for the pool.

It should never come to that to be honest but that's just my opinion. JB and GG seem to always pick the right people and also always have good judgement. The do's/don't list is fine by me.

I agree, it shouldt come to this...

Funny thing is that people get butt hurt when the "veterans" get picked to test. But, at least team THP knows they will not peace out with the equipment. oh...and that they will do their jobs

Maybe you could pick 20 or some number of people you think would do well for product testing and then randomly pick from that pool. I think people feel the picking is too subjective and that could cause some members to be upset. You could send them a message that they were picked for the pool.

I dont think we should get into this. There are way too many qualified people for each test. Im sure JB and GG would pick everyone they feel qualified if this was possible, but it just isnt. If you get upset you dont get picked then maybe this isnt the site for you. We have said so many times about how this site is much more than testing and that is still the case.

I have zero issues with how the selection is going now. I think it's great that for just about every testing there is a new member or 2 that get to do some testing. It's an awesome experience that I hope to continue doing. I think that some folks just don't understand the work involved and they get overwhelmed. I just wish the people who get overwhelmed would reach out and talk to the guys who have done it for a while. If I were having an issue I know exactly who I would PM to ask some advice from.

I have zero issues with how the selection is going now. I think it's great that for just about every testing there is a new member or 2 that get to do some testing. It's an awesome experience that I hope to continue doing. I think that some folks just don't understand the work involved and they get overwhelmed. I just wish the people who get overwhelmed would reach out and talk to the guys who have done it for a while. If I were having an issue I know exactly who I would PM to ask some advice from.

^^^^^
This!

You said it better than I could. There is a reason that with each test its not all new testers. Its so that new testers can get assistance from veterans and create a great thread filled with tons of feedback for people. I hate having to send that dreaded PM that says "are you still working on the testing?", but its had to come up a few teams in the last week or so and it kills me. Just know that if I send that PM, it is because we have been contacted.

There is soo much testing opportunitys now a days. If someone wants to test and are active they will get their chance

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Great post Chhunky, I agree with its fine how its done now

Well said CL. You always seems to pop in and say what needs to be said in exactly the right way to say it. If you get what I'm saying.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Back