Garage Simulator Crew

New garage door is installed, and the side mount opener was money well spent. Going to do some shuffling around this week and hopefully get the space put back the way I want it, and have a little less hesitation with my swing.
While my set up works as is with short wedges and awkward swings in have hit the bracket on my opener before. This year will be installing a side mount opener.

I did not hit my opener, but my first swing was with the door rolled up and i smacked the insulation i put in the garage door with a 5 iron, thankfully the insulation kept me from tearing up my iron
I actually just thought about this the other day. Had plans to put in one of those mesh screens so I could practice with the garage door open, but then realized the garage door has to be closed to even swing a club in my garage.

I actually just thought about this the other day. Had plans to put in one of those mesh screens so I could practice with the garage door open, but then realized the garage door has to be closed to even swing a club in my garage.
Yep I wanted a little extra air in the garage and whack I hit the garage door up above pretty hard.

barn doors

Attachments

• barn door2.jpg
    barn door2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 7
image.jpg

Wynn-ing

Love that the Sphere changes.

The Indoor Golf Shop has the G-Trak on sale until the end of the month. 🤔

Yep I wanted a little extra air in the garage and whack I hit the garage door up above pretty hard.
Oof. Another thing I didnt really notice until after some time was my mat moves and shifts around a little with each hit. Have gotten pretty close to hitting the garage door track when I wasn't fully paying attention to where I had ended up. Probably should get something to hold it in place better.

Oof. Another thing I didnt really notice until after some time was my mat moves and shifts around a little with each hit. Have gotten pretty close to hitting the garage door track when I wasn't fully paying attention to where I had ended up. Probably should get something to hold it in place better.
I’ve noticed that as well.

What are others using to combat this?

My mat came with four industrial Velcro patches that I installed on the floor and bottom of the Sigpro mat to allow it to stay in place when I’m practicing, but be fine when we pull the cars in

I use some small wedges in the seams of the concrete.

PXL_20230715_174842255.MP.jpg

I was wondering what those were for. You are a rockstar!!!
My mat came with four industrial Velcro patches that I installed on the floor and bottom of the Sigpro mat to allow it to stay in place when I’m practicing, but be fine when we pull the cars in

Got my base finished. The Sigpro Softly is sitting flush with the other mat. Should be easy to pop in and out. Still a few finishing touches left, but it works well.

20240326_191659.jpg
20240326_184909.jpg
20240326_185143.jpg
20240326_190913.jpg
20240326_190923.jpg

Last edited:
The feeling after a good round of golf is worth all the effort we put in. Although sim golf is not a direct replacement for the course the satisfaction is very real.

The feeling after a good round of golf is worth all the effort we put in. Although sim golf is not a direct replacement for the course the satisfaction is very real.
Totally agree

1B2DE3C7-45B1-47C1-B98F-12FADD2528C2.jpeg
So this is what we are working with. Currently backing out the SUV from the middle bay to set up portable net. I’ve already cleaned out a lot of stuff from the bay on the right. Teenage son has his workout equipment there. The bay on the left houses my Jeep and a lot of crap. The crap is gonna be gone soon. Most likely going to set up golf sim in the Jeep bay and just back it out when it’s time to practice. Still working on getting rid of the gym equipment, but the son ain’t listening. If I can convince him, I’ll put a permanent set up there.

Last edited:
Got in some practice today. Working on what I've gone thru in my last two lessons. I'm at a point where I'm hitting some great shots with great results... But don't know how realistic they'll be on the course.

Next purchase will be a spot light.

But this week, I have to put up the blackout film over the garage windows. Also still to come, a shelf that folds up in the wall to hold my computer and whatever else... And then a 60" TV to show stats or to watch TV.

I can't make it a man cave since cars need to park in there... But I'll do my best without making it too difficult to maneuver. 🤞

1000006893.jpg

Got in some practice today. Working on what I've gone thru in my last two lessons. I'm at a point where I'm hitting some great shots with great results... But don't know how realistic they'll be on the course.

Next purchase will be a spot light.

But this week, I have to put up the blackout film over the garage windows. Also still to come, a shelf that folds up in the wall to hold my computer and whatever else... And then a 60" TV to show stats or to watch TV.

I can't make it a man cave since cars need to park in there... But I'll do my best without making it too difficult to maneuver. 🤞

View attachment 9251997
looks great!

Any recommendations for a spotlight to use with my ST+ so I can turn off the bigger overhead lights for a clearer screen image?

Setup the R10 today and used the E6 software to attempt a simulated round. It worked well. I need to get a better feel for the software and get my settings correct. But I have enough room in front and behind to get decent readings.

My mat and net are working perfectly! I find myself hitting a few shots everytime I go thru the garage.

Finally after a year... Have my simulator setup and working. Life and work had gotten in the way but I got my inaugural round in this evening. So thankful for the space I have. It's 15 feet across with 5 foot side screens for the dreaded shanks.♥️😎View attachment 9251288
Looks awesome! Its what I'm striving for in my garage as well. (Have to park cars every day in there). Can you share info about your retractable screen?

Back