Garage Simulator Crew

Not sure where to post this but thought about our THPers who’ve set up simulators and use different software. I’m guessing this only applies to places that turn a profit but interesting that congress needs to get involved

Got the electrical finished up last night, with a new outlet located for the side-mount garage door opener, and the existing ceiling outlet left for a future projector mount. After almost falling off a ladder, dropping 20+ cable clips, struggling to reinstall the drywall piece in the ceiling, and washing the dust out of my eyes, I realized it may have been easier to just pay a professional to do this.

Got the electrical finished up last night, with a new outlet located for the side-mount garage door opener, and the existing ceiling outlet left for a future projector mount. After almost falling off a ladder, dropping 20+ cable clips, struggling to reinstall the drywall piece in the ceiling, and washing the dust out of my eyes, I realized it may have been easier to just pay a professional to do this.
But not as much enjoyment or fun:ROFLMAO:

Cleaned out enough to setup the net. Still have some pieces to add and need to build my base for the Sigpro Softly. Tried out a few 7 irons and it worked perfectly.

20240320_195352.jpg
Screenshot_20240320_200752_Photos.jpg

Cleaned out enough to setup the net. Still have some pieces to add and need to build my base for the Sigpro Softly. Tried out a few 7 irons and it worked perfectly.

View attachment 9250343
View attachment 9250344
That's coming together really well! Can I suggest a some sort of landing pad in front? It will make life a lot easier as far as not chasing bouncing balls around. I started with a simple mover's blanket, but now have something more similar to your mat.

Just purchased GSPro subscription…time to download on gaming computer

Just the ability to go out and practice for 15-20 min
Frustrated Will Ferrell GIF

About time for a round of golf at DPC Sodgrass on GSPro or otherwise known as TPC Sawgrass. Wonder if I will shoot better than my 85 there.

GSPro is so much better than E6. Took me a couple of tries to get it all working properly with the new OpenAPI and my settings, but I think I've got it all working now. Downloaded like 30-40 courses this afternoon so they'll all be ready. I also started with Sodgrass since it was last weekend. All set for Georgia Pines in a few weeks.

I need to get back to using LM for practice. By the time we get the kids down to bed, I am wiped out and ready to sit on the couch. The other option would be to wake up super early and hit, which would be a monumental effort for me.

I need to get back to using LM for practice. By the time we get the kids down to bed, I am wiped out and ready to sit on the couch. The other option would be to wake up super early and hit, which would be a monumental effort for me.
Night routines with the kids after work are draining, hence my 15-20 min sessions on weeknights. Enough to work on some stuff and keep the swing going, but leaves plenty of time to actually just relax on the couch afterwards.

Night routines with the kids after work are draining, hence my 15-20 min sessions on weeknights. Enough to work on some stuff and keep the swing going, but leaves plenty of time to actually just relax on the couch afterwards.
That's what I should be doing. Good call.

GSPro is so much better than E6. Took me a couple of tries to get it all working properly with the new OpenAPI and my settings, but I think I've got it all working now. Downloaded like 30-40 courses this afternoon so they'll all be ready. I also started with Sodgrass since it was last weekend. All set for Georgia Pines in a few weeks.
There may be a few Augusta remakes but the one I played yesterday Georgia Golf Club was really well done. It’s a beast
IMG_2921.jpegfrom 7300 yds. lol!

Reactions: MH
I was supposed to play on course today, but 40 mph wind is just not fun. Think I’ll just play 18 in the garage instead. So many new GSPro courses to choose from.

Got in a little work last night after getting home from the baseball fields. Started with some iron target practice into greens at 140 and 165. Was doing really well….then the s@&$ks showed up. Put the clubs down. Will try again today 🤷🏼‍♂️

I was supposed to play on course today, but 40 mph wind is just not fun. Think I’ll just play 18 in the garage instead. So many new GSPro courses to choose from.
Make that 36. Domain le Forêt and Oak Quarry. Liked Forêt best but both fun. Bumped my graphic settings up from High to Very High and it handled great. May try Ultimate next just to see. Only 1080p projector so not sure it would matter in GSPro?

Make that 36. Domain le Forêt and Oak Quarry. Liked Forêt best but both fun. Bumped my graphic settings up from High to Very High and it handled great. May try Ultimate next just to see. Only 1080p projector so not sure it would matter in GSPro?
The RTX4060 will upscale to 4K but may get a little laggy with ray tracing enabled. I think your laptop has 8G of ram so may show signs faster than a full desktop video card and make the laptop fans run continuously. Not the best to do that. Find a resolution where the fans don't kick constantly.

Your right though on the projector but some can also software manipulate to mimick a higher resolution.

Short version, don't stress out either continuously for longer term life.

New garage door is installed, and the side mount opener was money well spent. Going to do some shuffling around this week and hopefully get the space put back the way I want it, and have a little less hesitation with my swing.

Back