GG's Swing Change Video Diary

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
As many of you might know from my constant complaining on the board, I am going through a swing change. I have never really done a complete change like this before and I have to say it's probably one of the most frustrating things I have ever done. I do see a light at the end of the tunnel, but man is this a long tunnel!

JB and I joined Grand Cypress and included in our membership was a series of lessons. Since JB already has his game in tact (folding lawn chair swing and all) I am the lucky one who gets to use the lessons. Since I have still never broken 100 I can't begin to tell you how excited I was to start my lessons! I signed up the day after we signed the paperwork for our membership.

One of the cool things about the lessons is the use of video. I have never seen myself swing before. I'm not going to lie, it's pretty scary to actually see myself on film. It's bad enough when I am doing interviews and look like a deer in headlights, but it's even worse to see what my swing really looks like.

I wanted to share my journey with everyone here so you can see my progress (or digression) throughout the coming months. I am working with a gentleman named Harry Zimmerman and so far he is awesome! I love the way he explains things to me and I especially love that he can tell when something isn't clicking. He immediately picked up on the fact that I am a feel player and getting too technical with me is a total waste of time. So he teaches to what makes sense to me, not just what works for him.

Along with written feedback of my journey I am also going to provide you with video. The people at Swingmodel have been kind enough to send me my videos so that I can post them here for everyone to see. Please no laughing! ; )

If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them here or PM me. By making my journey public I think it will really help me stay motivated and see if all this talk of me finally breaking 100 can ever happen. I sure hope so!

I know this is long winded so I will stop now, but I do want to add that if you are ever at Grand Cypress, or for those coming to the outing, if you are looking for a great instructor to help you out with your game, I highly recommend checking out their Academy of Golf. They are patient, thorough, highly trained and really great at what they do.

Without further ado, here are my scary first videos:

Lesson 1 - Side view of Swing
Spoiler

Lesson 1 - Front view of Swing
Spoiler
[video=youtube;TiF-v69utuc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiF-v69utuc[/video]

Lesson 1 - Audio Recap of First Lesson
Spoiler

Lesson 2 - Side View of Swing
Spoiler

Lesson 2 - Front View of Swing
Spoiler

Lesson 2 - Audio Recap of 2nd Lesson
Spoiler
[video=youtube;8oTxhcZ-lB4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oTxhcZ-lB4[/video]

Last edited:
This is awesome to see!

WOw GG, that is awesome. The audio recap video was incredible. I learned a lot from it as well. Your swing from the left side to the right was like watching 2 different golfers. You are gonna be kickin some arse here soon. Again, I can not tell you how awesome that was.

• Admin
Putting up the videos makes me feel a bit vulnerable. Now everyone can see my flaws just as clearly as I can. But it's also good, because it will hopefully show improvement over the new few months.

I did like how he said, your first one went right and the next one killed the trees on the left. hahaha

We are extremely lucky to have access to one of the best golf academies around. So many incredible players are there and GG has connected so far with her instructor. I honestly think she will be in the mid-80s by the time the outing rolls around in 2012.

Putting up the videos makes me feel a bit vulnerable. Now everyone can see my flaws just as clearly as I can. But it's also good, because it will hopefully show improvement over the new few months.

I think its awesome, if I had these I would post em too. He seems like a great teacher.

• Admin
WOw GG, that is awesome. The audio recap video was incredible. I learned a lot from it as well. Your swing from the left side to the right was like watching 2 different golfers. You are gonna be kickin some arse here soon. Again, I can not tell you how awesome that was.

Can you believe how far over my head was? I don't know how I ever made contact with the ball! Now if I can just figure out how to get a proper body turn I would be in business. But for now, with all these new thoughts in my head, I just hit everything fat, topped and sometimes, just sometimes, I make contact.

I am waiting for the company to send me the audio from yesterday's lesson. As soon as I have that I will post it as well.

Very cool. I hope they help you out and continue to go.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Can you believe how far over my head was? I don't know how I ever made contact with the ball! Now if I can just figure out how to get a proper body turn I would be in business. But for now, with all these new thoughts in my head, I just hit everything fat, topped and sometimes, just sometimes, I make contact.

I am waiting for the company to send me the audio from yesterday's lesson. As soon as I have that I will post it as well.

No, but now you have me wondering how far my head goes...hahaha.

The body turn from 1 to 2 was completely different. I am blowing your thread up here cause I am so excited for you...hahaha

We are extremely lucky to have access to one of the best golf academies around. So many incredible players are there and GG has connected so far with her instructor. I honestly think she will be in the mid-80s by the time the outing rolls around in 2012.

That would be an awesome improvement!! From over 100 to 80's in about a years time!

It's really nice to have the video breakdown the bad swing and a much improved swing in so much detail! I picked up a lot from that.

I did like how he said, your first one went right and the next one killed the trees on the left. hahaha

Thank goodness they have fences up otherwise I could have killed someone. I was hitting shots all over the place!

I don't know what I would do if I actually shot a round in the 80s. I can't even imagine it. Right now I just want to break 100. Which is going to take some time because I am a mess out on the course right now. But I am really going to take this seriously. I plan to go to the range as often as possible. It's a little intimidating when there are professional golfers (PGA & LPGA) at the range with you, but I am just going to pretend like they are not there.

No, but now you have me wondering how far my head goes...hahaha.

The body turn from 1 to 2 was completely different. I am blowing your thread up here cause I am so excited for you...hahaha

Please blow it up, that's what I want. I want interaction in here. I want to know what everyone thinks and I want to show people what can happen with the right kind of instruction. This is for all golfers to see, whether you are a beginner or someone who has played for years. Lessons can be great and you can follow the visual and audio proof here.

I love these videos! It makes it so much easier to understand when you can see what you are doing wrong and what you are doing right. Taking lessons was the best thing I ever did for my game. It's a lot to take in and it's definitely a long process but so worth it. Looks like you have a top instructor and facility. I can't wait to follow your progress! JB better watch out!!!

Love the audio recap. I learned a lot from it for myself!

This is so awesome GG!!! Thanks for sharing. I've been debating lessons now for a LONG time, and I think this is exactly what I needed to see to push me over the edge. I too need some consistency getting the ball to the green and lessons are more than likely the answer. Best of luck GG, it'll be great to see your progress.

GREAT idea GG. I love how the 5-10-15 thread keep us honest and on task, hope this is as effective. Props to you for putting yourself out there.

This is really cool that you are posting this here and letting us share in your growth, way cool.

Great job GG!! I hope you get your game where you want it. Dont worry about feeling "vulnerable" on here, we are all family and we all want you to succeed.

Silly girl, I will never let that happen...hehe

You sound just like my instructor every time I play match play against him. So far, he's right that it won't ever happen although I have beat him on a couple holes early in the match. I think he does that to let me gain a little confidence then he proceeds to whup my butt good.

Thats awesome GG, very cool to see the progress you have already made

Gg this is awesome! Looking forward to tracking your progress

Tap tap taparoo

Wow that was incredible. I love these types of threads and to watch the progression. I need to find me a widower who lives in Grand Cypress!!

I am glad everyone is enjoying the videos. I am really excited, and still really scared, to see how this will go.

It is crazy how different the swings are! Crazy good! My girlfriend took up the game just last year. She was shooting in the 120's and 130's when she started on easy courses. She had her best score last season at the end of the year with a 107. She played with my old clubs and got totally addicted to the game. I bought her a complete set of Ladies Burner clubs for Christmas and she was over the moon. She only has 7 rounds with them this year and has shot on average 104 with her all-time best 102. She has come so close to breaking 100!

We are planning on going to the Canadian Golf Academy for a long weekend golf school next summer. We are really hoping it improves all aspects of our games. The video is included so that should be interesting!

Good luck in your quest to break 100 and I appreciate the videos!

Back