GG's Swing Change Video Diary

The leg thing seems to be the hardest thing for me to get over. I either over think it and then don't turn my hips at all or forget to think at all and then straighten the leg again. This is honestly the most frustrating thing for me right now. I am glad I am not the only one who does this though. Thanks for the words of encouragement, it helps to know others have overcome this extremely annoying habit.

This has been a great thread to follow GG, your swing looks better than mine ever will. I've actually picked up a few tips from your trials and tribulations, so guess I'm taking lessons too, haha

Sometimes I want to cry on the golf course as well. In fact I almost broke down in TMC when I topped one 20 feet. The shaft in my 3w was turned the wrong way and kept effin with me.

In all seriousness I'm glad things are starting to work out for you GG, golf is so much fun when you are playing well.

I would say my scores are much much worse right now. From swing to swing I never know exactly what is going to happen. I am totally uncomfortable out there because everything about my swing is different and foreign to me, nothing feels natural or comfortable. My instructor told me from the beginning that I need to stop being so results driven for right now because I won't see better scores right away for the reasons I gave above. He said it could take 6+ months before my swing feels natural and I stop thinking about it before every shot.

GG I took lessons about 2 decades ago. I was shooting in the mid to low 80's at the time but I would have stretches of just terrible golf. Decided to get a lesson and the guy just changed everything. He told me right off the bat that I won't want to play golf for a long time while doing this change. He was right. It was a nightmare. He said I should just go play an executive course and work on my wedges with the new swing. 4 months later I was playing the best golf of my life and my consistency was leaps and bounds better. I think you are going to be a very happy person in a few months. I've really enjoyed following this thread. :clapp::cake:

Golf clap for getting back out there and for sticking to what you are learning. It's difficult to play through a swing change and it is so easy to resort to your comfort zone instead of working on the swing. It will get better before you know it as long as you stick with it. Good for you GG.

I would say my scores are much much worse right now. From swing to swing I never know exactly what is going to happen. I am totally uncomfortable out there because everything about my swing is different and foreign to me, nothing feels natural or comfortable. My instructor told me from the beginning that I need to stop being so results driven for right now because I won't see better scores right away for the reasons I gave above. He said it could take 6+ months before my swing feels natural and I stop thinking about it before every shot.

Back