GG's Swing Change Video Diary

Good luck with the lessons GG! Looks like a lot of fun and I will be following along intently.

Thanks for sharing, GG! Love the audio recap and everyone is right that your swing looks night and day on those split screens. I too am learning something from the lessons. Pretty cool.

Very cool stuff, its great to have access to that kind of technology so close. With that kind of swing change, once you get used to it, you won't be worried about breaking 100 for long....it will be trying to break 90 before you know it.

Good Luck GG, won't be long till you are breaking 100 I am sure.

You can really see the difference in swings in the videos :D

those lessons look really informative. fair play to you for wanting to improve your game. i did video lessons last year and its never easy seeing your swing on a screen the whole time i was thinking "man i'm fat and that swing is horrible" but after few more lessons i got my game to a place where i'm relatively happy. so you may not be seeing the benifits now but it will all be worth it in the end. again fair play to you GG

I definitely want to stay up on this thread. I love the audio recaps. I know I said that once, but I think that is a fantastic addition to the lessons. I get a note card from my instructor with things to work on, but the audio recap is incredible.

Great progress so far GG, the progression from first to last is night and day already.

This is awesome! I have just watched the day one videos, and a lot of the things he is saying make a lot of sense. You will be better after these lessons, so don't fight it.

Swing looks great though, now to watch the rest:)

Tappin the keg!

I just watched the 2nd video. GG, This is really cool. I am soaking up all of this good info. Swing is looking so good.Keep up the hard work!

Wow GG, I just caught this thread. Fantastic! The video recaps are awesome. I wish I had something like that to take home when I do my lessons. I can already see a huge change. Pretty soon you will be beating JB on a regular basis!

Great job GG!! Love all the information these videos give you/us!! Keep up the great work!

Thanks everyone! Played 18 with JB, KellyBo and Ole Gray today. They saw my struggles but were very kind and supportive. I had some great shots and some shots I never want to remember. I found myself slipping into my old swing a bit but I do think some of the new swing is starting to come through. This is certainly going to be a very long process. I just have to stop getting down on myself and understand that I will digress before I progress.

Let me tell you guys and gals. This Golfer Gal can whack the heck out of the ball! She hit several very good shots with her almost new swing. One drive in particular I remember she pounded the heck out of it , knocked it on the green and was putting for birdie. She had like four holes in a row that she had a four on. The par putt that put KellyBo and I out of the match on was so cool. GG jumped about a foot off the ground when that putt fell! :blob:.. Great job GG and it was so much fun out there today :thumb:

Let me tell you guys and gals. This Golfer Gal can whack the heck out of the ball! She hit several very good shots with her almost new swing. One drive in particular I remember she pounded the heck out of it , knocked it on the green and was putting for birdie. She had like four holes in a row that she had a four on. The par putt that put KellyBo and I out of the match on was so cool. GG jumped about a foot off the ground when that putt fell! :blob:.. Great job GG and it was so much fun out there today :thumb:

That was the greatest putt of my life! I think I jumped at least a foot off the ground, I was so excited! I have a long road ahead of me but it was nice to have some good moments out there today. Gray, Kelly and JB were great cheerleaders for me out there today. Helped me not get too down on myself.

I think by the support shown on this thread and my knowledge of many of the THP members I am confident in saying we are all behind you on this journey GG and we all hope you get your game to where you want it to be!!!!

I know you guys have been busy over there at THP HQ shooting videos for The Morgan Cup, but I'm curious how the swing is coming along... Any update?

I know you guys have been busy over there at THP HQ shooting videos for The Morgan Cup, but I'm curious how the swing is coming along... Any update?

I haven't had another lesson yet but I have played a few rounds of golf and had some range sessions. The swing is incredibly frustrating and I have my good days and my bad. I need to schedule another lesson because I right now I think I am doing a hybrid of my old swing and my new one.

I haven't had another lesson yet but I have played a few rounds of golf and had some range sessions. The swing is incredibly frustrating and I have my good days and my bad. I need to schedule another lesson because I right now I think I am doing a hybrid of my old swing and my new one.

That's where I was as well. I went for my first lesson in over a month this past Wednesday. Instructor was like WTF? Couple quick reminder fixes, and then he threw another minor change at me that ruined my swing. He simply had me tilt my head back (behind the ball). Now I hit everything fat, and if I do manage to make decent contact it's a push about 6 miles to the right!

I love a good swing change! :D

I know exactly what you mean! (The ol' been there, done that) It's taken me about a year to get it to where it's fairly consistent after a pretty big overhaul the beginning of last year and then tweaks over the winter. And I'm sure it won't take you that long to get your swing going. I'm just old and stubborn and won't take any lessons... :smile:

Hang in there! You're doing great!

I am about 5 months in now, and my swing feels great (with my irons). Be patient, and keep working on it at the range. It will come, and when it does come together, you will find yourself more accurate than ever. Don't get discouraged, it will be worth it in the end.

Well after a long hiatus due to the Morgan Cup I finally had a lesson today! It felt great to be out there, although I will admit I was a bit nervous since it had been so long since my last lesson. Here's what happened today (I am working on getting the videos):

The Good: My head is staying more still which was a huge problem I had when I first started, and my take away (arms part) is much better! I still have good hip movement on my downswing and I have, as my coach says, a tour like hing on my downswing. Those are all good things. But of course there is also bad.

The Bad: As great as it is that I have that 'tour' hinge on my downswing, I never unhinge which is why I am slicing my drives off the planet. My hands are so far in front of my clubhead that the club never has a chance to get back to square so it's open at impact and the ball goes dead right. I am still struggling with the straightening of my right leg during my take away but now that the arms are doing what they are supposed to do I can start focusing on my legs. He gave me some great pointers and drills which you will see in the video.

All in all I thought this was a great lesson and I am feeling a bit more confident in my game. One of the drills I am looking forward to doing is hitting the ball with my feet together to help with the hip turn and unhinging, it will actually help with both. Another is to lean against the armrest of my couch and make sure my hip never leaves the couch, if it stops touching then my hips are not turning properly. I like that this is a drill I can do at home.

GG, what have you noticed as far as your improvements versus your score? What I mean is that I have made a lot of improvements through lessons but notice my score does not reflect them right away for whatever reason. I am wondering if you are seeing immediate gains scorewise or if you are in the same boat I am, working hard and having faith you will see the results on your scorecard later.

The feet together drill is great. Glad to hear you've been able to find time to get back GG.

Well after a long hiatus due to the Morgan Cup I finally had a lesson today! It felt great to be out there, although I will admit I was a bit nervous since it had been so long since my last lesson. Here's what happened today (I am working on getting the videos):

The Good: My head is staying more still which was a huge problem I had when I first started, and my take away (arms part) is much better! I still have good hip movement on my downswing and I have, as my coach says, a tour like hing on my downswing. Those are all good things. But of course there is also bad.

The Bad: As great as it is that I have that 'tour' hinge on my downswing, I never unhinge which is why I am slicing my drives off the planet. My hands are so far in front of my clubhead that the club never has a chance to get back to square so it's open at impact and the ball goes dead right. I am still struggling with the straightening of my right leg during my take away but now that the arms are doing what they are supposed to do I can start focusing on my legs. He gave me some great pointers and drills which you will see in the video.

All in all I thought this was a great lesson and I am feeling a bit more confident in my game. One of the drills I am looking forward to doing is hitting the ball with my feet together to help with the hip turn and unhinging, it will actually help with both. Another is to lean against the armrest of my couch and make sure my hip never leaves the couch, if it stops touching then my hips are not turning properly. I like that this is a drill I can do at home.

The guy at GolfTec has me doing this drill and I find it very helpful. Hope it works for you too.

Yea for you!!! (*Oh yea of little faith I am going to give up the game)

I LOVE the feet together drill. When I start noticing I'm slicing the ball on the course, I'll even use it for iron shots to give me a quick on-course reminder of what my hands are suppose to feel like. I'm glad you went today and had a good lesson!!

GG, what have you noticed as far as your improvements versus your score? What I mean is that I have made a lot of improvements through lessons but notice my score does not reflect them right away for whatever reason. I am wondering if you are seeing immediate gains scorewise or if you are in the same boat I am, working hard and having faith you will see the results on your scorecard later.

I would say my scores are much much worse right now. From swing to swing I never know exactly what is going to happen. I am totally uncomfortable out there because everything about my swing is different and foreign to me, nothing feels natural or comfortable. My instructor told me from the beginning that I need to stop being so results driven for right now because I won't see better scores right away for the reasons I gave above. He said it could take 6+ months before my swing feels natural and I stop thinking about it before every shot.

Back