Golf Ball Hitting Steel at 150 mph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and for the record, suggesting that I'm the one who's been bouncing around in my opinion on this thing is a bit rich given that people have been saying things like "well maybe it's a super low compression ball". I've never said it can't because of the way it's built. Someone else said that. I have only ever said that a golf ball moving at 150mph won't deform like that. I've posted several videos showing other golf balls not deforming like that on impact at similar speeds. I've also posted a video of a squash ball deforming in a very similar fashion, but all of that has been glossed over because your expert says that it's possible. But whatever.

Please read my post again. I NEVER stated that you were changing your argument. Good Lord!!!!!

JB responded earlier and said that he will be speaking with him next week and he will ask those questions. But to be fair I do think you are trying to be argumentative, and that's fine, you are passionate about your opinions, but I am not an argumentative person and I don't enjoy going around and around arguing opinions. For every thing I say you will search for a video to dispute it and I just don't have the patience for that, it's just not my thing.

JB will ask your questions and get you answers, but he has already said that the video could be real yet you still dispute that too. Like JB said in his earlier post no matter how many fact we throw your way you will find a way to dispute it. As I said, I am done.

Fair enough. Speaking of getting answers and I know this is way off topic, but did you guys ever test the laying up to a distance or getting as close as possible to the green question?

Please read my post again. I NEVER stated that you were changing your argument. Good Lord!!!!!

Okay, fair enough. I read this: "First the argument by some was that a golf ball cannot do that because of the way its built. Now its that it could but it must be moving faster." as suggesting that my argument had changed. Sorry, but I must have misunderstood.

Fair enough. Speaking of getting answers and I know this is way off topic, but did you guys ever test the laying up to a distance or getting as close as possible to the green question?

It is being finished up right now by some testers for us. The article will be up the week after the outing. For a preview, playing to a number worked out better more than 67% of the time by mid and high handicap golfers.

So if I posted a video of Jesus walking on water, who would believe it?

Wait, thats impossible. hmmmmmmm

But anyway, it's a video people. If people think it's real or not who cares. Let them have their own opinion. Who cares if they can't back it up with FACTS.
Do you realize how many things we are blessed with these days that we never would have had if everyone always thought they were IMPOSSIBLE???
No plane flights, no man on the moon, no robots etc...

Reactions: JB

But anyway, it's a video people. If people think it's real or not who cares. Let them have their own opinion. Who cares if they can't back it up with FACTS.
Do you realize how many things we are blessed with these days that we never would have had if everyone always thought they were IMPOSSIBLE???

I totally agree. That's why I don't have the patience to argue, nor do I want to argue.

I think the last thing this thread needs is an off the cuff religious comment... but thats just me

I think the last thing this thread needs is an off the cuff religious comment... but thats just me

Hopefully no one takes offense to that religious comment, I don't think it was meant that way but of course I am not the one who made the post but that's not how I took it.

Not me for a start. There's a difference between saying something is impossible in general, versus saying that something is impossible in a specific situation. I think it's entirely possible to make a ball that would look like that one in the video. I don't think we'd recognise it as a golf ball though. But, by way of example "it's impossible to travel faster than light", is probably true and is true based on our current understanding of the universe, but may be wrong. "it's impossible for a current manmade vehicle to travel faster than light" is unquestionably true. I think saying the video is fake is an example of the second one (at least in my opinion - I don't mean to imply that it's unquestionably true that the video is a fake), not the first.

Of course that was fake I had lunch with Elvis and Tupac last week and they told me it was fake.

Well Elvis was not convinced until Tupac threatened to put a cap in his a$$. That brought Elvis around.

Well Elvis was not convinced until Tupac threatened to put a cap in his a$$. That brought Elvis around.

LMAO!!! I actually delted my post because I had just said I was done and I didn't want to keep going but your post is hilarious!!! I love some comedy to lighten the mood.

Of course that was fake I had lunch with Elvis and Tupac last week and they told me it was fake.

Elvis was good friends with Nixon, so no doubt he knew all about what went down. Landing on the moon. LOL. As if. What's next? Boats that travel under the water? Women doctors? Electric cars?

Some people will believe anything.

Kevin

I know somthing hard to argue, My good looks :D I kid i kid but I was called Dashing by a random elderly lady in the Grocery store today.

Back to the topic, Im thinking of testing this myself Under controlled conditions with an altered potato air gun and borrowing a ultra fast frame per second camera my buddy's dad's company has. After the steel plate test we will more than likely just start shooting golf balls at everything.....who thinks a golf ball can go threw an old Cadillac's door?! Dont worry, we take actual safety precautions... we once made a tree Jump before...long story short it was awesome!

i just read the past 3 or 4 pages of this and wished i hadn't.

Well, everyone with a lick of sense knows that was fake.

Kevin

Ahhh, but the Mythbusters did an entire show on that and thoroughly debunked the doubters. At least they disproved all of the skeptics contentions about the impossibility of the video shots. :D

Those are my thoughts as well. I hate how these types of threads continue to get heated.

AGREEEEED!!!!! Its the same people every time! Ugh

Hmmm. I am speaking with him again on Monday and would gladly pass on your questions.

Any progress?

Any progress?

Yes. Spoke to him this morning. Will be updating after the outing. A little tied up with the schedule right now.

I just read a few pages of this thread....

I hate myself for doing it......:banghead:

Wow, really cool vid.

Wow, really cool vid.
Haha! After everything that went on in this thread, that post is quite refreshing.
That was really the whole point of this in the first place...

Well, I for one am glad to see this back, because I'm very interested to hear the answers the ball expert gave to my questions.

I hope everyone had fun at the outing too by the way ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back