Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
As some have read in the "what did you shoot today' thread, JB and I tee'd it up today for 9 off and on wet holes. Some have had he pleasure of playing with JB, and it is a blast. He is one of the most down to earth guys I've tee'd it up with or met. Hits the ball solid and I'm sure putts better than I was shown today. Had some great recovery shots with the wedge. (the wedge play is true)
We talked about everything that was on our minds and played some golf, nothing special in the scoring depatment but we had fun.
We set this up last week prior to the Holiday so I was looking forward just to playing with a good golfer and getting to know him on a personal level. Everything that has been said about him from others that have played or met him are true. JB is a no BS kinda guy that tells like it is. No sugar coating and no punches pulled. He and GG are working hard to get us the best product possible with THP. If you think it's easy, think again.
Anyway, the guy handed me a box of Pentas when I saw him and donated a limited edition THP Putter cover to the Florida gathering. (you guys can thank him later) Both were above and beyond. He treated me to lunch (great food for the outing) and we just talked about various topics. Even though we just got 9 in it was a fun 9. I'm looking forward to many more rounds and some shared meals with him and GG.
I also have in my possession the Bridgestone J-40 wedges which I will expond upon in another thread as well as the J40 driver in a 9.5* head. Again I will speak on these in their appropriate threads.
I don't want this to drag on more than it already has but I am very impressed with how big JB's heart is!! There is no selfish side to this man, if there is it's barried way down deep. The future of THP and all it has to offer is great! We as forum members just need to remember that and continue to support THP and all that they do to bring things like the Outings, Morgan Cup, testing, contest and yes the occassional round of golf. Our lives my get in the way contributing the way we would all like but remember it's their lives that bring us this great platform.

but remember it's their lives that bring us this great platform.

Thanks for the insight man and well said. However, this comment struck me the most.

This is awesome! Glad you guys had a good time.

sounds like a hell of a day Tadashi. I know I got to tee it up with JB twice during Morgan Cup week, once in competition and once before. He is a lot of fun to play with. JB is one of the most down to earth, relaxed golfers that I have ever met. He does have a killer wedge game and make recovery shots out of nowhere.

Freddie: thanks for typing that up and sharing with us your thoughts. It is amazing what him and GG have put out there for us....so much more than just another forum.

I am awesome.
That is all.

On a serious note, thank you Tadashi. If I am fun to play with Tad is fantastic to play with. What many dont realize is that while he can flat out play, he can also assist and help. Now there is no fixing my folding lawn chair of a swing, but if I asked for help, he would be the first guy to offer. Just a great guy to play golf with and one of the few that might play as fast as I do.

JB is just so rad, its almost blinding. Playing golf with him is akin to making love to a beautiful woman while eating fries and mayo and watching football. He is that freaking great.

Glad to hear you had fun today! You are correct when you say JB and GG are some very generous people.

That's called the WOW factor, um, Wow-ing you....glad you guys had fun out there!

Great post Tadashi, I love reading posts like this. Everyone who plays golf or comes in contact with JB quickly finds out that he is a very kind and fun human being to be around. I've played many rounds of golf and spent a lot of time with both he and GG and every time I do it is better than the time before and it just makes me that much more excited to hang out with them again. Good stuff!

Great post Tadashi, I love reading posts like this. Everyone who plays golf or comes in contact with JB quickly finds out that he is a very kind and fun human being to be around. I've played many rounds of golf and spent a lot of time with both he and GG and every time I do it is better than the time before and it just makes me that much more excited to hang out with them again. Good stuff!

Welcome to THP.

That is awesome. Even though I have never teed it up with JB, I have hung out with him at the outing. I concur with your thoughts about him. He would do anything for anybody and really loves to talk about golf.

Thanks for the note. Very cool to hear Tadashi and I'm not surprised at all by either of the two of your comments. I truly hope to tee it up with him and the many others that make THP such a great place at an outing some day!

JB is just so rad, its almost blinding. Playing golf with him is akin to making love to a beautiful woman while eating fries and mayo and watching football. He is that freaking great.

Anyone else have a problem with this comment? I mean fries and mayo?!?!?! seriously? Hmph, Canadians.

Great post Tad, I knew you two would have a great time, wish you could have made the full 18.

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

Glad you had a good time out there. I still cant figure out why people like JB?

Sounds like you guys had a fun time even though it was shortened due to the rain. I hope I get to tee it up with both of you next May. I'm also interested to hear your thoughts on the J40 driver and wedges Freddie.

John Deere Tappin...

Good to hear you guys had a great time.

hahaha, glad you had a good time Tadashi! You're not such a bad dude yourself :)

That is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard. Is that some bizarre Canadian ritual? If it weren't for your hair I would lose all respect for you after finding out you defile french fries in such a vulgar manner. :D

Oh I have some thoughts on the J40 wedges. Once the thread is up I will be all over it. I went back to the range after JB departed and hit about a 40 balls with the 56* and 52*. I will be putting these wedges in my mental rolodex..

Sounds like you guys had a fun time even though it was shortened due to the rain. I hope I get to tee it up with both of you next May. I'm also interested to hear your thoughts on the J40 driver and wedges Freddie.

John Deere Tappin...

That is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard. Is that some bizarre Canadian ritual? If it weren't for your hair I would lose all respect for you after finding out you defile french fries in such a vulgar manner. :D

Seriously you guys, I know you silly Americans don't do it, but all of Canada, and Europe do it, and its freaking awesome, try it and you will love it. We dip in Ketchup as well, but fries and mayo, or fries and aioli are just the best. I mean like JB good.

Back