Headed home from vacation tomorrow. 2nd lesson scheduled for Wednesday. Hope to be home in time for some range work Saturday late afternoon. Looking forward to working thru my swing issues.

I have a lesson also on Wednesday. Looking forward to this one. Not as nervous as the evaluation.

Final lesson of my five pack now to make decision on next steps. Today we worked on lower hands at p6. Definitely gets me way more inside . I hit a dead straight ball so this wants to draw more.

After I did the evaluation I picked the 10 credits. Credits are 30 minutes which can be followed by another 30 minutes of practice. I’m opted to do 5 hour long lessons. If you buy the lesson pack $95 evaluation is then included. My evaluation and lessons ended up to be 720. They are running sale until the 29th of March. Blake told me they run specials like this a couple times a year. Usually spring and fall
Really helpful thanks

Had my second lesson Thursday. Seems like I managed to ingrain the first lesson pretty well so we moved onto starting my swing with the lower body. Worked on it with 7I which was honestly a little rough to work out for me mentally. We got it pretty good eventually though and moved onto driver. It was way harder for me to do it with driver but we found a feel drill that really clicked with me. Doing the drill then hitting a ball at like half to 3/4 speed I was hitting push draws that were rolling out to what I would consider a decent drive normally. Weather sucks right now but excited to take this to the range and dial it in. Been doing drills in the basement but need to hit some balls to really ingrain it.

So far I’ve really enjoyed the experience. The coach has a good demeanor and is working with me based on my desire to not rebuild my swing from scratch. The drills always seem like big changes when you’re exaggerating the moves, but nothing that I haven’t been able to grock within the span of a lesson. I’m really excited about what this could mean for my game this year if I can get it dialed in. I intend to keep lessons up throughout the year. Don’t think I’ll go every week or anything but definitely want to go once a month or so and just keep working on little changes to improve over time.

I had my "evaluation" on Tuesday. Going in I was not expecting much, especially since they had switched my appointment date three times and the instructor, new to the facility, forgot (or neglected) to make the introductory phone call. Had to call him.

I was expecting about 20 minutes of actual evaluation, 10 of "instruction" and 30 of sales pitch. Fortunately, the instructor spent the whole hour going through my swing and suggesting the direction in which he'd like to go (granted, using the standard GT "comparison" method). His sales pitch was really thrown into the last five or so minutes. I realize Golftec has a bad reputation in some circles but I was impressed. I asked for some material to be emailed to me so I could decide what plan would be best and the instructor complied.

I was ready to drop some serious (to me, anyway) cash but needed additional information; unfortunately, my email request has gone unanswered for, what, four days now? I know I could call but email is really better for me because I can lay out precisely what I need in advance, plus I figure if they can't get back to me BEFORE I give them money how likely is it they'll do so afterwards? Unfortunate, I was beginning to warm to the idea of trying some Golftec lessons. It might be the facility itself (I don't know if it's a franchise or not), perhaps I'll try to find another Golftec location.

But glad to hear that at least some posters are getting what they want out of it, I'm not as surprised as I thought I'd be. :)

Well tweaked my knee working out on Saturday so I cancelled my lesson for Wednesday. Going to Greenville, SC next week so I will reschedule my lesson for early April.

Pulled the trigger. 15 pack of lessons! Time to grind!

Lesson #2 tomorrow. Spent some time in sim over the last 2 days working on what I had from lesson 1. Being home for a week on vacation I needed some sim time to get back the feels we worked on. If numbers were correct on sim hand path has improved. Hope Blake thinks so tomorrow

Random question for you golftec-ers, how important is it to do the swing evaluation at the same location/the same instructor as you’d do lessons with? I’m moving in a couple months and am itching to do a swing evaluation, but don’t know if I should wait until I’m settled at a “home” golftec

Random question for you golftec-ers, how important is it to do the swing evaluation at the same location/the same instructor as you’d do lessons with? I’m moving in a couple months and am itching to do a swing evaluation, but don’t know if I should wait until I’m settled at a “home” golftec
To me it was very important as it served as my introduction to the coach and if I felt he could communicate with me in a way that works and if I was understanding what he was saying. If I didn’t feel that he could communicate in a way that worked for me I would have thanked him for his time and asked to setup another evaluation with a different coach at that location.

I don't know if it's super important but I'd wait because if I click with the person, then move elsewhere, and not click with the next person, that would suck.

I don’t think it is. Although it’s a good audition of coach

Not sure it’s totally necessary. The evaluation does more or less turn into 1st lesson. Not sure if you did your evaluation at one location and started lessons if remaining balance of lessons could be transferred to your new location. I’m not planning to move but I’ll ask Blake in OKC tomorrow just for info sake.

^ What they said

I'll admit, my swing evaluation was just as much for him to evaluate me as it was for me to evaluate him. We clicked right away and he made a ton of sense in the way he explained everything to me. I will be going back for a full package, but it's a 90 minute drive each way for me, so I have to wait til the summer, when my schedule will allow it.

Have to agree with other's that it's somewhat of a consideration. It's the interaction.

If you get the swing eval at one location and then move and take lesson's at another, I would go in to talk with the instructors. Better to get a comfort level first before diving in and finding it's not a great fit. Then the process starts over, doesn't advance like you want, or get nothing out of it.

Forgot about mentioning that the swing eval being recorded could be used by the other instructor when you move. It needs to be tied to an account so make sure you inform them of possible plans of moving so that it can be captured.

Last edited:
It’s a GolfTec day. Cloudy and low 30s do a great morning for an indoor lesson. IMG_9028.jpeg

Have another practice session later today after work. Lesson Friday will need to be moved. Stupid stupid work changes.

Was supposed to have an appointment yesterday evening for health side but they messed up their schedule :banghead:

Have to find somewhere else as I don't have a lot of free time to deal with that. Probably for the better and just meant I wasn't meant to see them.

Agreed with the others. I met my current coach from a fitting, but if I hadn't I would have done an evaluation first. It's more about the personality fit than anything else for me. I don't want a coach who'd going to try and get me to swing like <insert PGA pro here>. My first Golftec evaluation, many years ago at another location, went that way and I decided to go a different direction. Once I met Jack in Fairfax though, I was instantly comfortable. He just solidified that after we talked about my goals and how we could get there.

Had a good lesson today. More info after my round this afternoon

Had a good lesson today. More info after my round this afternoon
Lesson and an immediate round, I like that.

Seems like it would be a good way to ingrain what you learn

Reactions: J4U
I used the swing eval in hopes of finding an instructor. its a good way to see of your and their styles for teaching match. I would say wait, as hopefully you can use it to vet that instructor too.

Works well in most cases I think. Today however I went to range first a hit balls. That would have been fine except I didn’t know when to quit.

Back