Another solid range session working on drills and feels that Blake gave me. Swing feeling better. It’s still a new feeling from my old jacked up swing. The feeling of swinging around body and body rotating around posted up left leg is much different that my old OTT. Done properly club drops in dead on line and super flushed contact.

Couple weeks of drills and a few rounds before I get back for another lesson. Can’t wait to see the difference in swing when I go back. Next trip to range I may film swing on the GolfTec app to see what it looks like.

Reactions: J4U
Man do I need some GolfTec lessons. Today was miserable :(

The lower flighted wedge paid off today. Had a few down wind I was able to flight a little lower.

OK, I have my next lesson set up for Thursday. Still in search of a new coach but they opened up another location near me and I am going to it there. Looking forward to it. After trying a couple of other places in search of an instructor I vibe with I also learned that the Golftec methodology works well with my brain.

Practice session yesterday went...well it just went. My goodness changes take a long time. Not giving up!

Decided to start working on moving the speed up a touch and start working on sequencing. Ummm, not ready :LOL: Ole habits immediately started to come back.

View attachment 20240403_082830.mp4

I did have some bright spots so I'll take it. Also met with doctor and scheduled more injections in the neck a few weeks out. He has an idea after our last series. Sounds promising.

Found a round of golf available today, so crashing a party of 3.

Also, coach added a lesson overnight for tomorrow. He must have watched my practice ;). Thankfully it was just a reschedule from last lesson work got in the way of...I think.

Last edited:
OK, I have my next lesson set up for Thursday. Still in search of a new coach but they opened up another location near me and I am going to it there. Looking forward to it. After trying a couple of other places in search of an instructor I vibe with I also learned that the Golftec methodology works well with my brain.
Ok, had a great lesson. Signed up for a package. I am glad I kept searching around. So pleased to take the leap back into lessons. Feel as juiced as I have about golf in a while leaving that. He had me take some swings and we talked about my goals and what I wanted. Once it posts I will put up my initial swing and the drills that I have.

Went and played a round of golf today. First time since starting lessons I've swung something other than a 7I.

It was...interesting. What surprised me the most is that it was harder with the touch wedges than it was for driver. Will speak to my coach about this tomorrow.

Trying to jump into all the clubs wasn't the best idea, but I did notice some changes. I like most of them, but the 4 penalties and lost balls wasn't on my list of to-do's for the day. Obviously I couldn't see what I was doing or did not ask any of the 3 randoms to video:ROFLMAO: I kinda knew on the strike that they weren't going where I intended, but also feel I know what went wrong. Wasn't all lost as carded 3 birdie's as well. What was really nice is that 2/3 birds came on Par3's.

All in all I really enjoyed what I was seeing and having it easier on the longer clubs was odd. Didn't really try to hold true on everything on the touch wedge shots, but even just the little things seemed to help. Looking forward to the day when these changes smooth out and I don't have to think about them.

Last edited:
Before and after from yesterday. Realistically yesterday's lesson was to get back to where Golftec got me 2+ years ago when I was taking lessons and making sure the coach fit. Definitely needed to get back in there. I knew I had slowly broken my swing without the coaching. Once I finish this package I will make sure to do a lesson every couple of months. Just a good thing to do for maintenance I think.

You can see from the drills we concentrated on fixing my head movement, my path in my backswing, and where my chest was pointing.

Analysis:
View attachment swing_analysis_desktop (2).mp4
Before/After
View attachment swing_analysis_desktop (1).mp4
View attachment swing_analysis_desktop.mp4
Drills
View attachment FS - Backswing - Shoulder Bend Exercise_19201080.mp4
View attachment FS - Backswing - Knee Flex for Hip Sway Exercise_19201080.mp4
View attachment Hand Path Exercise with Hula Hoop_19201080.mp4
View attachment Use a doorframe to improve your swing_19201080.mp4

Last edited:
First official lesson last night. The 30 min session I think is really great. keeps the focus on one drill/change/ new feel at a time. So far, I feel that my instructor has a very good way of helping me understand the feel that should create the swing change the video shows. Provided I keep up the work outside of the lesson, I can see this will be very beneficial to my improvement as a golfer.

Solid range session today. Swing changes are starting to feel better. Still trying to groove the swing from the inside. It’s getting easier but there are a lot more range sessions to go. Each session swing feels better. Contact is so much better. Now I’m wondering why I didn’t check into lessons before. Will schedule my next lesson after we get back from vacation. Wanting to get the path to wheee it feels normal or somewhat normal before we start on something else. Driver seems to be benefitting from the iron work we are doing. Hit several drives while on range today after the wedge and iron work. All drives we straight or with a little draw. Starting to be able to trust swinging into out now that club is coming from a better place. Couple better path and good body rotation through the swing I’m not nearly as worried of spraying one out to the right. Feel like with driver I can aim down right side and get it to come back slightly. Will see if range work relates to course when I get home. We have 2 holes with OB tight on right side. Have 4 hours of lesson time paid for will do those and then look at scheduling more.

Lesson today went well, added a couple more focus area's. Need to make a list of checkpoint's as this grows.

Still not even to full swing's yet as corrections fall and bad habits rise.
i dont know group therapy GIF by Kim's Convenience

Haha, can't they just snap their fingers or give us some Kool aid or something?

Lesson today went well, added a couple more focus area's. Need to make a list of checkpoint's as this grows.

Still not even to full swing's yet as corrections fall and bad habits rise.
i dont know group therapy GIF by Kim's Convenience's Convenience

Haha, can't they just snap their fingers or give us some Kool aid or something?
Yeah, we didn't do anything other than P2 and P3 yesterday. I imagine that will be the case with the next few lessons.

Yeah, we didn't do anything other than P2 and P3 yesterday. I imagine that will be the case with the next few lessons.
I'm kinda glad we've stuck to just one club and taken it slow. Exaggerating to over correction helps my mind when it comes to some of this. Will be more comfortable when I can reduce the old stuff.

Putting a pause on my lesson pack until after the Quest Cup so I can focus on golf and not golf swing leading up to the event. I'm really happy with the experience so far though. Jack in Fairfax has been great. We had a fitting yesterday and managed to sneak a little instruction in while we were at it. Definitely going to continue this throughout the year.

My buddy is taking his nephew to GolfTec lessons. Kid never had never swung a club before last November. Now 11 yrs old, kid is around 4'10" and maybe 85#. Has a Wilson beginner set. Hitting the driver 210, dead straight. I mean Calvin Peete kind of straight. Very playable distances on his irons. This kid will be a force, especially of he grows to the size of his Dad and uncles, 6" 2-3" 210# ish. Golf Tec must be doing something right.

For those that jumped in on some Golftec,
Did you go in with an idea on part of your game you struggled with or wanted to focus on; or treat it more holistically

Did you go in with an idea on part of your game you struggled with or wanted to focus on; or treat it more holistically
I walked in and said…I’m 49 and don’t think distance is my issue. My 50 yard dispersion with a 9 iron is.

Two lessons in Im noticeably more consistent.

The first time I did it was 3 months after I started golfing in 2019. I knew I loved playing golf immediately but wanted to at least be proficient and had no preconceived notions other than I just wanted to learn how to golf.

This time after a 2 year layoff from lessons I have a slightly different approach. I want to get back to being a bogey golfer. I couldn’t break 90 of my life depended on it right now. I know why to an extent though. A lot of the stuff my coach told me yesterday was stuff I knew I needed to do in my brain but couldn’t figure it out on my own. My takeoff was a mess and I couldn’t figure out what I was doing and was only making it worse. I’m also not compressing the ball at all. I want to work on those two things to start.

I went in knowing I had a path issue with an OTT tendency. After many attempts to try and bandaid the issue with nothing lasting more than a few rounds I knew it was time to get pro help.

I've documented in here, but think it can go either direction.

That's the beauty of what they have to offer. Getting it out front with an instructor to begin their plan. Then adjust as needed and can even change in the middle.

Making sure your both on the same page and during conversations insure you are understanding and agree with the plan. Maybe not fully, but have a comfort with it. Ask questions if not explained to your understanding and repeat back the process to insure for both of you.

Keeping an open mind and don't be afraid to question why if it doesn't make sense or understand. They don't just throw ideas out there or smoke and mirror's. They are invested in you as well as you should be in them.

You'll have benefit with terminology and methods and thank it will be a wonderful thing.

I went in with the holistic view.

Everything needed help and if you followed my lesson thread, you'll see what was accomplished.

Lesson Friday uploaded over the weekend and figured I would start going over it before heading to the airport.

Before swings are taken at the beginning of the lesson and not brought forward from the last. May put a series together at the end.

View attachment before.mp4
The after swing is the point of reference for me as to where he wants me practicing. Not necessarily the intended full product of these lessons. He is really wanting me to exaggerate a short back swing right now. Partially to try and limit my hitch at the top.

View attachment after.mp4

How we got here in this lesson is next...

Last edited:
What I like is that we really don't go back to the beginning to compare. He compares from what he sees when I come in for the lesson. It won't always show a dramatic change, good or bad, but it's what he is working with at that point.

View attachment swing_analysis1_desktop.mp4
I do see some improvements and the limited practice I do have time for is slowly working me in the right direction he wants. Most all of it is still a thought process and remembering everything isn't easy for me. Hitting down on the ball wasn't an issue in the past, but I've digressed a little from it to save some pain elsewhere when components and contact go astray. Will get back there I'm sure.

Also like that the club face is starting to remain square and not opening up as much. Helps me not to have to manipulate the face throughout the swing like I had to in the past. Always thought the club face looked closed in these positions, but it's actually more square. He had me bring it back down slowly to address to confirm as my mind wasn't grasping it.

Back