ScoFoBG

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Searched and didn't see anything specific to this. Do we have any guitar players on the forum? Where you at? Thought it would be fun to discuss and if anyone wants to give a WITR (What's in the Rig) fire away. Pictures do not hurt. Some of you might know me from Budget Golf, but probably don't know much else about me. So let's hear about what you've got and what you want to get next!

WITR
Main Guitar: Reverend Charger 290 (Mulberry Mist)
Backup Guitar: Fender USA Stratocaster Early 90's
Amp: Peavey Classic 30
Pedalboard:
Polytune
EHX Op Amp Big Muff Pi Reissue
Moskey Golden Horse
Behringer Vintage Tube Overdrive
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Strymon Blue Sky V1
Walrus Julia V2

Only one.

0EEC9EB9-40DF-4646-A401-D31014716006.jpeg

Only one left after I got rid of some. A little playing here and there, mostly classical.

16741631185121282894346365379675.jpg

16741631459321385366469646299654.jpg

I’m just an at-home player, so my main rig is my EVH Wolfgang Standard into a NUX MG-30 modeler, into headphones. When I can make some noise, I have a Deluxe Reverb and a Dr. Z Maz 18 NR, or a Spark 40 amp on the desk if I need to make less noise.

Only one left after I got rid of some. A little playing here and there, mostly classical.

View attachment 9151656

View attachment 9151657
Those Cordobas are nice. I used to work in a Music Go Round (think Play It Again Sports for music gear) and I loved when people would trade them in. Never got along with how to play a classical, but I love hearing people who are good at them play. Now go buy some more!

I’m just an at-home player, so my main rig is my EVH Wolfgang Standard into a NUX MG-30 modeler, into headphones. When I can make some noise, I have a Deluxe Reverb and a Dr. Z Maz 18 NR, or a Spark 40 amp on the desk if I need to make less noise.
Deluxe Reverb just chillin as your 3rd backup, huh?

Deluxe Reverb just chillin as your 3rd backup, huh?
Wish I could plug into it and crank it up more often! I like the Dr. Z even more, though, but it’s a different beast - more of AC-30 on steroids tone. An 18W head with a 2-10 cab isn’t exactly bedroom friendly, though! 😆

Nice.

I haven't played much since high school, and even then it was just power chord/punk stuff. Never very good. Owned a bunch of Les Paul's, mainly Epiphone. I get in the mood and pick up a guitar every couple of years, realize I can't play and get rid of it lol

Funny enough, I am in one of those right now and I ordered some stuff this week 😂

We'll see ifI stick with it.

My main two electrics are a sunburst Epi Les Paul and a Yamaha Pacifica that I dropped a Hot Rails pickup into in the bridge position. Both are either run through my Blackstar HT-5 or one of many, many ampsims I have. I sold my Fender Strat a few years back since I hated the neck.

I have a nice Ibanez acoustic that gets the most playing time out of all the guitars, along with a cheapo acoustic I've had since 1992 that is strung up in Nashville tuning, which I only use for layering when recording.

Your only issue is silky toanz. What a setup there. How do you like the Double Agent?

And what is the "White" one front and center? Google is not helpful there.

Wont lie. It’s a killer sounding setup 😅

Double Agent is really nice. Set up almost perfectly right out of the box and it has a fantastic neck on it. A little dark sounding, but overall a great guitar for $1000.

The box is a Spiral Electric FX White Spiral Boost. It’s really made to boost an already dirty amp and it does that job amazingly!

Nice.

I haven't played much since high school, and even then it was just power chord/punk stuff. Never very good. Owned a bunch of Les Paul's, mainly Epiphone. I get in the mood and pick up a guitar every couple of years, realize I can't play and get rid of it lol

Funny enough, I am in one of those right now and I ordered some stuff this week 😂

We'll see ifI stick with it.
So I caught you at the right time. What's on the way?

Wont lie. It’s a killer sounding setup 😅

Double Agent is really nice. Set up almost perfectly right out of the box and it has a fantastic neck on it. A little dark sounding, but overall a great guitar for $1000.

The box is a Spiral Electric FX White Spiral Boost. It’s really made to boost an already dirty amp and it does that job amazingly!
I love it. I could do this for hours. So 2 Boosts, and it looks like you just use the amp for drive?

And my Charger is spectacular. I love just looking at it. And also playing it. But I kind of wanted a Double Agent too.

My winter hobby…
1674165296176.jpeg

My main two electrics are a sunburst Epi Les Paul and a Yamaha Pacifica that I dropped a Hot Rails pickup into in the bridge position. Both are either run through my Blackstar HT-5 or one of many, many ampsims I have. I sold my Fender Strat a few years back since I hated the neck.

I have a nice Ibanez acoustic that gets the most playing time out of all the guitars, along with a cheapo acoustic I've had since 1992 that is strung up in Nashville tuning, which I only use for layering when recording.
It's funny how we invest so much in the electronicals, and then play our ratty acoustic like 95% of the time.

I love it. I could do this for hours. So 2 Boosts, and it looks like you just use the amp for drive?

Exactly. The amp has two channels, so I set one on the edge and the other overdriven. Which boost with which channel sort of depends on the song, but in general I use the Page to makes things extra gainy and White Spiral to give me a nice bright crunchy sound. Super versatile that way. The amp really struggles to make a bad sound.

@ScoFoBG we are almost guitar twins with the Revs. Love that 2xP90 setup.

Picked up the guitar in my 40s, too late to get really good/natural at it, but boy did I love it. Unfortunately, I have hand cramping issues that have almost shut me down. I keep a strat, a tele, and a little acoustic gretsch to noodle on, but the only one I can play for more than a few minutes is the strat. The fender scale and rosewood fretboard make it much easier to play than the others. Run it through a little fender mustang with all my favorite models programmed. Sure wish I could go back to playing at will. Oh well, faced with losing the guitar or golf, I'll say I'm happy still golfing.

Last edited:
Back