Hirzl Golf Gloves Review - THP Demo Day

Thank you Hirzl for supplying the THP outing for the gloves! The glove felt tacky yet still breathable the entire time used, ie all of demo day. It got a solid 6 hours of use and held up just fine. Worked well on Saturday's round as well, while other gloves I know would have had a lovely shade of blue from not being able to keep up with the heat.

Only negative was they tended to get a little bigger throughout the day. I haven't tried it on yet since I've been home so I'm not sure if I stretched it out taking it on and off throughout the weekend or if the perspiration got to it and made it from M to M/L. In hind sight, I probably should have gone with a small. Strong strong consideration for a summer time glove in a small size, where I'm likely to go through 3-4 gloves a month.

These gloves sound great. I would love to try it out one of these days. Can someone provide a breakdown of the different models and describe how they are different from one another?

These gloves sound great. I would love to try it out one of these days. Can someone provide a breakdown of the different models and describe how they are different from one another?

This should help: http://www.hirzl-web.com/en/golf/products.html

Obviously, we are glad to answer questions but I honestly think that better describes what your looking for as we just tested one of the models at demo day if I am not mistaken (Trust Control).

My first impression after trying the glove on was "man this thing is think and a little heavy, I am going to be uncomfortable". I am glad though that I gave it a shot. After using it for demo day and a round afterwards I really liked it and would use it again in a second. My perception was that it wouldnt work well in the heat, but it held its own and really impressed me. The palm is different with the grip there and I really liked it. I brought mine home to give it a run against my usual glove down here in the Mexican heat, as several gloves have simply not held up for me. I will be posting some more thoughts after this weekend, but so far so good.

I used the glove through 3 rounds this weekend and loved the fit and feel right away. The women's large was true to size for me. My gloves always get wet in the humidity but I never noticed the palm of this glove being wet. It held up really well with no slipping at all. Like others, I usually rotate 2-3 gloves through a round but never even thought about doing that with this glove. This is by far the best glove I've ever used. Thank you Hirzl! I'm sure I will be buying more.

Great testaments to this glove so far, not to mention their support. I will have to give them a try.

Thanks to Hirzl and THP for providing us these gloves. I've used them before since THP did their testing a while back on them. I can also attest that while they are a little thicker, durability and grip is second to none. I think it breaths well and like that it's fabric on the back of the hand to help with that. I had some sweating through near the velcro, but at no time was it uncomfortable or did it affect the performance of the glove.

if you haven't tried these out, do yourself a favor and pick one up. I think you'll be as impressed as the rest of us.

My first experiance with the Hirzl glove was at demo day. The biggest thing that stood out to me was when gripping a club there was no way any slippage was going to happen. I wore it throughout demo day with zero issues, I always take my glove off after a shot so I did not notice any sweat issues. I will put it through its paces in the coming months. So after a day of hammering clubs I am impressed, no wear at all.

Big props to Hirzl for providing everyone with gloves, I use the Hirzl Feel glove and love them!

First off, thanks to Hirzl!!! That was the biggest box of gloves I never could have imagined! lol

Second, I have bought two Control Hirzls on my own. I lost the first one, the second tore down by the stitching at the wrist but only after it was nearly completely drenched in sweat and I pulled on it to tighten it up. Still usable, though, as it's below the velcro.

Knowing what I do now about the stretch factor, I picked a really small one for my hand on demo day. I was a bear to get on, but after warming up, it was fitting like a glove (see what I did there?). lol

If I don't have a Hirzl on me, I better have at least two lesser gloves in my bag to make up for the 'sweat factor'. I'll leak through a glove in 5 or 6 holes in the Georgia heat and humidity and have to swap out. I'll end up back on my original glove (hopefully it's dried enough) by the last few holes.

With the Hirzl, you can almost just reach into a lake, grab your errant ball, and continue playing. I've never felt I was losing control of my club based only on the sweat factor. If you get the right size, and it doesn't stretch out too much for you, it'll be perfect on every swing. Otherwise, you may have to just tug on it a bit and get it snugged up on you palm, but I've found, honestly, I do that with many other gloves anyway.

Grab one! The Control glove is awesome! Get the right size, and never look back. Hopefully I won't leave this one in a cart or tear it and it'll last a while, which they will if well taken care of.

Kudos to Hirzl for providing these to us to wear and demo. I have tried these before after the initial testing and it is my glove of choice. Now I was gaming the Trust Feel and during the demo day I had a Trust Contol. It felt a bit more thicker than the feel which to me was unnecessary since the feel is durable as it is. I did prefer the Feel and I was also glad that they do come in cadet sizes which I could not find during my initial order a year and a half ago.

Thanks again Hirzl.

This should help: http://www.hirzl-web.com/en/golf/products.html

Obviously, we are glad to answer questions but I honestly think that better describes what your looking for as we just tested one of the models at demo day if I am not mistaken (Trust Control).

No worries. Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if there were different models being demoed.

First of all thanks to Hirzl for the gloves. I used mine during demo day. The fit was perfect and I loved the texture of grip. I wasn't a fan of how the seem where the two different types of leather met rubbed on my non gloved hand. I started to form a blister from it. I prefer a softer leather in my golf glove I may need to try the soffft flex.

Thank you Hirzl for the glove to use over the weekend! I typically wear a M-L in all gloves. I have a large palm with average finger length. I tried the ML glove first and it fit comfortably, but the fingers were a tad bit long. So I opted for the medium for a more snug fit. Then it was time to grip the club. I first hit the cobra amp driver and the glove had great tackiness. I felt like I could swing as hard as I could without losing grip. The temperature started to rise as did the sweat. The leather palm began to ride up and bunch up near the bottom. I found myself constantly pulling the glove down to avoid it bunching up. The back of my hand felt really co due to the ventilating mesh which was nice.

I then tried to take the glove on and off multiple times during my rounds and it sometimes became a chore. The palm got a little wetter with sweat as my rounds progressed but I never felt like I lost grip.

Pros: the glove is really durable, the leather is tacky, nice mesh on the back of the hand.

Cons: hard to get on and off when sweaty, little long in the fingers, bunched up as sweat soaked the palm

Overall a good glove but I prefer a little thinner palm and will sacrifice durability for more feel like my foot joy sci flex glove. Thank you Hirzl and THP for the glove!

I had heard of these golve but never tried them out and was pleased they were offered at the Outing. First thing I noticed and was told wa that they ran about one size larger. I selected my size and put it on and true enough the larger size fit perfectly. I really liked the feel of the golve. Tight enough but with enough movement that it was actually quite comfortable. The black palm is nice touch because it wont show dirt like a typical glove. The material the palm was made out of was great as well I felt liek I had a better grip on the club even in the hot temps of the Outing. Glove was easy to remove and replace and I loved the ventilation. My hands never perspired all day.

Played four additional rounds in these and they are in grate shape. If it can handle that FLordia heat it can handle anything.

Overall I am quite impressed with this offereing and will certainly pick up a few for my bags. I am not sure how widley they are distributed but I am sure they are in the big box stores. If they are not at my E.Watts I will be pestering them to start carrying.

Thanks to Hirzl for contributing to the demo day.

SMG

Thank you so much to the good people at Hirzl for doing this. It really shows they supper their product and will put the product up to a test to prove its durability. I used the glove all of demo day and for about 9 holes the next day and I could not find too much to dislike about the glove. It stayed dry and kept a great grip on the clubs even though I was warm and sweating. Though I think for the long term I prefer my current glove, I will say the Hirzl is a fine product and should be one considered by all golfers in search of a we manufactured glove that is durable and will last.

I really like my Hirzl, but it seems to run big. Anyone else notice this?

This was my second go round with the HIRZL glove. It's as great as I remember. The humidity/heat didn't bother my gloved hand at all over the weekend and the glove stayed tacky. I did notice that the L I normally wear seemed to run a little big compared to other companies.

Thanks again to HIRZL for providing gloves for everyone at demo day. I'm going to use it some more this weekend when the weather is going to be low/mid 90's and humid.

Huge thanks to Hirzl for supplying the gloves!!!! That was awesome and a boatload of gloves.

Fit:
FOr me this glove fit a little bigger than the normal M/L I wear and I thought as the round progressed the glove started to slip a lot and I had to switch to another glove. I never kept a rotation of gloves during the round and my other glove stayed true on my hand. Initially thought I thought it was a nice comfortable, tight fit and one I loved. Just disappointed it seemed to stretch so quick.

Feel:
I prefer a softer feeling material on my glove and while the Hirzl provided excellent traction on the surface, it just wasnt as soft as I was expecting. I also think as it started to stretch it really impacted how the glove felt. I think maybe if I played a few of these gloves per round I would be much happier with both aspect mentioned above.

Overall:
I thought it was an extremely solid glove. I had a couple issues but would still put it in my, need to look at this glove for next purhcase. Although I'd go a size smaller and hope it fit. That can be frustrating buying a glove for the first time and realizing halfway through the round it stretched a bit.

As many others have said, major props to Hirzl for providing the golves.

I brought two of my own gloves with me to rotate due to sweating and humidity. I never once considered bringing them out.

The Hirzl is well constructed and controls moisture very well. Grip was never a problem. The tackiness of the palm and fingers did their job. The quality of the construction leads me to believe that it would last a long time.

It did seem a little thick for me. I like to have a thinner glove between my hand and the club. Also, the cuff length was a little long and felt awkward at times.

I'd like to thank Hirzl for providing gloves for all outing attendees. I've wanted to try them after all the rave reviews they have received from the forum and I wasn't disappointed! I wore mine during demo day and during my following 4 rounds and even through all the heat and sweat I had zero slipping issues. The leather in the palm is very durable and after 6 rounds it still shows no sign of wear. The only issue I have found is that the glove stretches out a bit and runs about a size larger. Other than that its a solid glove and I'm curious to see how many rounds I can get out of it!

Thank you Hirzl for the glove to use over the weekend! I typically wear a M-L in all gloves. I have a large palm with average finger length. I tried the ML glove first and it fit comfortably, but the fingers were a tad bit long. So I opted for the medium for a more snug fit. Then it was time to grip the club. I first hit the cobra amp driver and the glove had great tackiness. I felt like I could swing as hard as I could without losing grip. The temperature started to rise as did the sweat. The leather palm began to ride up and bunch up near the bottom. I found myself constantly pulling the glove down to avoid it bunching up. The back of my hand felt really co due to the ventilating mesh which was nice.

I then tried to take the glove on and off multiple times during my rounds and it sometimes became a chore. The palm got a little wetter with sweat as my rounds progressed but I never felt like I lost grip.

Pros: the glove is really durable, the leather is tacky, nice mesh on the back of the hand.

Cons: hard to get on and off when sweaty, little long in the fingers, bunched up as sweat soaked the palm

Overall a good glove but I prefer a little thinner palm and will sacrifice durability for more feel like my foot joy sci flex glove. Thank you Hirzl and THP for the glove!

You should try cadet sizing. I have a large palm as well and cadet sizing is good for folks like us. I had no issues with going with Hirzl's regular L but the cadet size makes it perfect.

Wow, I may have to pay attention to what gloves I use in the future.. I really like the feedback these give..

Quick question to those who have played enough to "wear" out gloves.. what is the typical lifespan of a glove (either these or others) in number of rounds?

Thanks for all the help!

Hmm I like the sound of these gloves
Anyone with a medium sized feel glove I can buy ?

Just tappin away

Thank you Hirzl for providing these gloves for THP to use for the Demo Day!
I choose the M/L size that's what I wear in a Srixon that I game and found the Hirzl to fit perfect.
That said I had no issues with slippage or stretching through out many rounds of Golf.
I tend to keep my glove on through out the entire round to save time and have one less thing to have to fool with and keep my mind on The game.
This is def. a glove I will consider when my supply of gloves begins to dwindle.
Thanks so much THP for including the Hirzl glove to us in our gift bags.

Back