Hirzl Golf Gloves Review - THP Demo Day

What a great surprise it was to see that Hirzl had supplied us all with gloves. I already owned one that I picked up at the PGA Show, so I was already a customer. I had never put one through the ringer of a full THP Outing however. I believe we were supplied with the Trust Control.

I played three rounds of golf and the full demo day and I must say it held up beautifully. It's no easy task, especially in the humid Florida summers. The glove never really got wet. I generally have to use two or three gloves just to make it through a round, let a lone a full day out there. The glove looks brand new still, it's uncanny. They feel incredibly soft, with superb grip.

The gloves tend to run big, so I went a size smaller and it stretched just a touch.

The wife was also impressed and said she absolutely loved the glove.

Thanks again for being a part of the demo day Hirzl. I am a fan!

First off thanks to Hirzl for providing the gloves. I had never heard of them before and this was a great opportunity to test out the glove.

I had a similar experience as pmoa.

I usually wear a M/L but in this glove the fingers were just way to long. I tried the Cadet's and still had a problem with fit, so I ended up with just the regular medium, as that was the only one that actually fit my finger lentgh. The problem was that the palm was a little to tight. This caused a problem getting the glove on and off after it became sweaty. I usually take my glove off after every hit and then put it back on as I get up to hit the next shot. Just a little quirk I have and at Demo Day and the round I played on Saturday morning the glove became a little difficult to get on and off.

As for feel and comfort, I thought this glove was great. I never had a problem with the club slipping even in the hot weather. I really liked the feel of the club through the glove. I enjoy a little thicker glove and this was great.

I am not sure if I enjoyed the look of the black fingers of the glove, but I don't think in the end that this would be reason to not buy the glove.

I selected a size S glove at demo day because of my tiny hands, and it seemed to run true to size for me.

Like other have said, I tend to rotate through a few gloves per round because of loss of grip and the fact the glove gets pretty soaked with sweat. The Hirzl, is a quality glove, and I used it in every round whilst in Florida(108 holes plus demo day), and one round since I returned, and it is still going strong. I did find it lost a fair amount of grip when it got wet, so during a brief rain shower we played through I switched to rain gloves.

These gloves are noticeably heavier than say a normal (cheaper) TM or FJ glove. Some may find this strange, but that goes away in about 22 seconds after you put it on. You won't notice the weight difference unless you switch gloves constantly. I also found that the glove got wet (sweat) faster than the other gloves, even with the mesh on the top, however in my round today, I didn't have to switch gloves at all, the Hirzl was money all day.

I'd recommend people try this glove, it seems to last a long time. I'll report back after this weekend, I have 36 more holes planned for Sat/Sun and another 9 on Monday night.

I normally do not wear a glove much during play since I have soft, tacky grips and do not play in much humidity but I brought several gloves with me since I knew conditions would warrant using a glove. The Hirzl glove that was provided to us was the only glove I needed all week. It was lightweight, comfortable, breathable, and quick to dry. I pulled it out for a round yesterday and it was like brand new. Not all dry and crusty like other gloves would have been after being shoved into a bag for 4 days after 108 holes of golf. I find this a great product and will continue to use it when I wear a glove.

Thank you Hirzl for your generosity in allowing us to test out your product during a very demanding week of golf.

I ran my Hirzl glove through the washer and dryer yesterday, and am quite happy that my M/L is probably closer to a medium now. I went and played 9 holes this afternoon. It was 90* and I did not notice any stretching like I did at demo day. The good thing is I know I can wash it and it comes out fine.

I'm a big fan of the Hirzl gloves, I already had the pleasure of owning one which lasted 3+ months. The best glove for South Florida hot weather, no slippage and very durable. I normally wear a L in other brands, but found that a M/L fits me best in Hirzl. My only regret is that I dropped/lost my Hirzl in the range session before the Saturday morning round :(

I was at Edwin Watts and asked if they carried these and was told, not yet. So perhaps they are in the works. I will need to check with Golfsmith Extreme next. If they dont i will be surprised as they a wall of gloves about 20 feet high.

They have them at Golfsmith Extreme.

Thanks Chewie

I was at Edwin Watts and asked if they carried these and was told, not yet. So perhaps they are in the works. I will need to check with Golfsmith Extreme next. If they dont i will be surprised as they a wall of gloves about 20 feet high.
Golfsmith down here has that wall as well, but no Hirzl. When I have asked about them, all I keep getting told is "Hopefully soon."

I have to give another shout out to Hirzl for providing these gloves to us at Demo Day. I just played that same glove in a 45 hole tournament over three days and it still isn't showing any signs of wear. It's the first Hirzl glove that I've ever had, but certainly won't be the last. Thanks again.

I've been playing with a HIrzl control glove now for about 2 months, maybe a little more and that includes some long range sessions, and I have to say I've come way impressed. Its great in the rain and moisture, and other than some dirt spots on the glove, it looks and plays like the day I bought it.

I will be a client for quite some time as this glove is great.

I have to give another shout out to Hirzl for providing these gloves to us at Demo Day. I just played that same glove in a 45 hole tournament over three days and it still isn't showing any signs of wear. It's the first Hirzl glove that I've ever had, but certainly won't be the last. Thanks again.

I agree with you v.man, I have about 20 rounds on it so far and it looks really good. I am not a glove wearer normally but the Hirzl is changing my mind. I have been wearing it to form a strong opinion to be able to review it again in a few months. It looks like it will still be in pretty good shape if it continues to hold up as well as it is so far.

I have been using the Hirzl gloves since the first forum testing, with all that great feedback from the testers I had to try them for myself and they didnt disappoint! I have used the Trust Control and the Trust feel and the Trust feel is my favorite out of the 2. The trust control lasted me about 6 months and I have used the trust feel all this season so far and it still looks new. I will be using these gloves for a long time.

I have been using the Hirzl on all of my range days and it has barely shown any wear! The palm is still in tact and after about a thousand balls more or less, it has been going strong. What a great range glove and it alleviates me from using my gaming gloves at the range. Cheers Hirzl.

Tappin' dat pad on tapatalk

I didn't get mine at the deom day but coolbreeze sent me one about a month ago. I love the glove but this is unacceptable

aefcbb18-6594-40fe.jpg

Stitching fail! Anyone who knows me knows I don't abuse any of my gear. I'm very shocked that this happened so quickly. Especially for a premium glove.

that stinks man, that glove looks pretty white too so it must be fairly new?

I didn't get mine at the deom day but coolbreeze sent me one about a month ago. I love the glove but this is unacceptable

Stitching fail! Anyone who knows me knows I don't abuse any of my gear. I'm very shocked that this happened so quickly. Especially for a premium glove.

I too am very shocked at this TC, I have about 25 rounds on the one we were given at the outing this year and I was thinking to myself today about how rugged these gloves are. I would imagine if you sent Hirzl an email with the pic attached they would get a new one to you in exchange. I am sure they would like to examine the old one to see if they can figure out the fail.

Sorry to see that big guy.

I will say that I have been using mine more and more and have really enjoyed it more than I originally did at the outing.

I have owned 4 or 5 Hirzl gloves now and have not had the stitching issue happen to me. I did notice that the letters on the velcro closure have begun to peel off with a glove from the outing but luckily that is purely aesthetics, although not expected with a premium glove. Other than that, I really do like the glove and have purchased several myself due to how well they wear and how well they have worked in wet conditions (something I struggled with on other gloves).

TC - did it start with one bad stitch and then continue coming apart or was it more of something where you were putting it on and it all happened at once?

That stinks TC! I have not had one problem at all with the stitching or anything on the glove for that matter. Maybe you just had a bad stitch in that one that finally gave out.

I am surprised by this TC. I am sure Hirzle will take care of you. I played my forum tester for a long long time and I had to change it after I washed it so many times. They last so long that they stink after awhile. Not a bad thing. Never had any stitching problems...

Tip for you guys if you dont already do it, after your round put your glove in a ziplock bag and zip it up and keep it that way until you play again and repeat this process lol. It has kept mine from stinking and also doesnt get that rough feeling from it drying out some after its been wet. Not sure how it has kept it from stinking but it has.

I have owned 4 or 5 Hirzl gloves now and have not had the stitching issue happen to me. I did notice that the letters on the velcro closure have begun to peel off with a glove from the outing but luckily that is purely aesthetics, although not expected with a premium glove. Other than that, I really do like the glove and have purchased several myself due to how well they wear and how well they have worked in wet conditions (something I struggled with on other gloves).

TC - did it start with one bad stitch and then continue coming apart or was it more of something where you were putting it on and it all happened at once?

It happened all at once cookie. On the 4th hole to be precise. It was really disappointing.

Tip for you guys if you dont already do it, after your round put your glove in a ziplock bag and zip it up and keep it that way until you play again and repeat this process lol. It has kept mine from stinking and also doesnt get that rough feeling from it drying out some after its been wet. Not sure how it has kept it from stinking but it has.

hehehe, been doing that for years dude. Trust me, this was not user error.

Back