Hirzl Golf Gloves Review - THP Demo Day

I continue to use this glove and really like it. It has been super hot and humid here in GA and the glove does get pretty wet from my sweaty hand but it still grips well. It needs a good washing for sure. Anyone put their glove in the washer with success?

KellyBo, I wear a women's med in the FootJoy gloves... Is the sizing on this glove the same?

KellyBo, I wear a women's med in the FootJoy gloves... Is the sizing on this glove the same?

I think so. I usually wear a large and their large fit me fine.

I have used nothing but these Hirzl gloves for about a year now......I love them. I haven't tried putting one in the washer yet...if somebody has I would love to hear about it.

My glove from the outing finally just gave out this past week at Myrtle Beach. Nothing to do with the palm or fingers on the club side, just the leather across the back of the hand and on the index finger and thumb wore through. I used it for about 25 rounds and practice sessions and really hated to see it give out in areas other than the gripping area.

I think I am going to have to go back to using other gloves. I have loved the grip the Hirzl provides, and the durability of the palm side has been uncanny, but I continually have holes pop up on the the top side of the hand at the end of the fingers. They are lasting less than a month at this point, and I can't justify the price when I continually wear through them. I'm going to give some other gloves a try for a while, but may be back.

I think I am going to have to go back to using other gloves. I have loved the grip the Hirzl provides, and the durability of the palm side has been uncanny, but I continually have holes pop up on the the top side of the hand at the end of the fingers. They are lasting less than a month at this point, and I can't justify the price when I continually wear through them. I'm going to give some other gloves a try for a while, but may be back.

It's funny because I had the same problem with my first one. They replaced it but I'm starting to rethink getting another one. I guess I'll see how long this one lasts before I rush to judgement though.

Pity the fool who Tapalks

I'm still playing the one I got at Demo Day in May. Threw it into the laundry the other day just because of sweat build up. Came out just fine and I"m using it again today. Normal gloves would have worn through on the palmlong before now because my left hand grip is always too loose and the butt end moves during the swing. Not even a chafe on the Hirzl!

I am super intrigued by these gloves but I just cant swallow the initial cost.

I was the same way but they're worth it. A fine glove and it's amazing how long they look like they'll last

I am super intrigued by these gloves but I just cant swallow the initial cost.

Watch for promos, I have seen them listed as a BOGO, it seems like on RBG but I am not sure.

I'm still playing the one I got at Demo Day in May. Threw it into the laundry the other day just because of sweat build up. Came out just fine and I"m using it again today. Normal gloves would have worn through on the palmlong before now because my left hand grip is always too loose and the butt end moves during the swing. Not even a chafe on the Hirzl!

Same here v.man I'm still using my Demo day glove. I've had no problems what so ever with this glove.

Same here v.man I'm still using my Demo day glove. I've had no problems what so ever with this glove.

Same with me although I really haven't played much since the Outing. I haven't seen any wear issues to speak of with the Hirzl, although running it through the washing machine wouldn't be a bad idea.

I just love the grip you get with these to where I never have to worry about a club slipping. That alone would be worth the premium to me, even if the durability was the same. Granted I don't play or practice as much as most of you, but I am only on my second and third Hirzl glove after almost a year, and I have no doubt that these two will last me well into next year.

My Hirzl from the outing finally ripped after 31 rounds. The palm of the glove was as good as the first round. It ripped on the back leather where the velcro closure is. If they made the entire glove from the palm material, it would be indestructable. Definitely the longest I have used one glove. GREAT PRODUCT!

I agree. If the whole product was made of the palm material, best product. My first one ripped about a month ago in the fingers but the palm looked great. On #2 now.

I agree. If the whole product was made of the palm material, best product. My first one ripped about a month ago in the fingers but the palm looked great. On #2 now.

I'm not even sure what the palm material is but it is tough yet soft. Alligator foreskin was the funniest guess we came up with at the outing.

I have really been amazed at this glove. I have had it since the outing and it still keeps on kicking. It is really broken in and you can tell it has been used. Other gloves at this point would have a hole in them and be in the trash. I do have some issues with it during really hot rounds. It will soak up the sweat on the back of your hand. This is really no different than other gloves, but I wish it had a little bit more mesh on the back part of the glove.

My glove is still holding up well too, only wear I see is the hirlz logo on the Velcro closure has fallen off. It happened quite a while ago too where the green logo, hirlz text, and the white piping around it just peeled right off.

After reading all the good things everyone had to say about these gloves, I ordered a couple of the trust control model to try. It looks like I made a mistake-the second one is still in the package because the first one is still going strong. By far the most durable and best gripping glove I have ever tried. So glad all the good information in this testing thread convinced me to try them, they are great!

I used a Control glove for a long time. I liked it, but it eventually tore at the top of the thumb seam. I didn't mind because I felt I got my $25 worth out of the glove - it lasted longer than the Adidas glove (and gripped better) I had been using that I paid $8. I recently bought a couple more on sale for $16 each, the Feel version. I'm thinking I will switch these out alternating rounds and they should last a long time.

I just ordered a Feel version of the glove. Not that I need a new one, but I want to try the thinner palm.

Tapatalkin

My initial review of this glove may have been premature.

Awhile back I shredded my last traditional glove and found the Demo Day Hirzl in my bag. I put it on and continued my round. Two months later the back of the glove finally ripped. I put A LOT of hours into this glove during the hottest / humid part of the season.

This glove lasted longer than any glove I have ever used. I also found that I really liked the textured palm and fingers. It added a great deal of stability to my grip. I ordered 2 more from Golf Smith the other day.

Toughest part for me at this point is the price. With that said, I will probably get through all of fall / winter with the two gloves.

Another big success for THP Demo Day. I would not have considered this glove otherwise.

I liked the glove more last year than I did this time around for some reason. It seemed hotter than I remembered and felt pretty weird when sweat-soaked. Durable as hell though.

My glove is still holding up well too, only wear I see is the hirlz logo on the Velcro closure has fallen off. It happened quite a while ago too where the green logo, hirlz text, and the white piping around it just peeled right off.

My new one did the same. Within 2 rounds the whol "HIRZL" was gone. After the first round only the R was left and I actually peeled the R off. But I barely touched it and it came right off

For as good as the leather they used is, they need some refinement in other areas. The stictching could be better between the fingers and those letters shouldn't fall off that easily.

Mine finally bit the dust, ripped at the thumb. I can say thats the longest a glove has lasted, 3 months. I usually go thru a glove every 8 rounds.

love this glove i have two of them now they last forever the only problem is they seem to stretch out after 2-3 months even odered a size smaller.Any one else have this issue ? I sent a email to them see what they come back with..

Back