How cold is too cold

So what is the cut off temperature for you to stop playing or not play? Last year in FL it dipped into the low 30's and we still played. However we had our cart covered and a golf cart heater in the cart. We stepped out to hit and then got back into the heat.

I can't believe I just read that JB, no such thing in Scotland at all, I don't play when it's frosty and that's about it

I'm looking at covers and heater for golf carts

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Cold is never the issue for me here, for me its the rain. If its in the low 30's and pouring rain and windy then I'm out.

So what is the cut off temperature for you to stop playing or not play? Last year in FL it dipped into the low 30's and we still played. However we had our cart covered and a golf cart heater in the cart. We stepped out to hit and then got back into the heat.

My coach prefers if I don't play in weather colder than 50*. I'm okay until it hits mid/upper 30's.

Alex

Anything less than *50 and I'm out. It's no fun playing when it's too cold out! The more I layer up the harder it is to swing!

As long as the tee goes into the ground ok ,I'm playing! But as its been stated it gets tough in the 30's......

Buddy just called, so guess we are heading out pretty quick. Should be mid 40's starting out, but not much wind. Layers!

Tap,Tap,Tap

I played once last year when it was 28* here, with no wind. Wasn't that bad. If there's wind, I'm probably not playing in anything less than 35*. The wind is what kills me, not the cold.

I just played 9 in 16* weather.

As others have said the temp isn't the issue, snow (on the ground), rain, and wind are what keep me off the course.

This is a couple years ago (before I had any golf style) but here is a pic of me hitting off of the thick ice (water hazard). It actually snowed on us during this round but it was a blast.

4750c05b-19bf-cba1.jpg

4750c05b-19e1-0309.jpg

I golfed a couple times last year at about 37 F and a wind of 30 MPH. It wasn't too bad until the rain came, then it was uncomfortable.

I went out on friday when it was only -1 (which is about 30 f) and only a slight breeze
-13 and snowing here now which is no good for golf :D (that's about 8 degrees f)

For me it's today. 36 degrees with a wind chill dropping it to 25. I had two friends try and get me out this morning.......with no luck. I'll give it a go once its back in the 40's tomorrow!

As others have said the temp isn't the issue, snow (on the ground), rain, and wind are what keep me off the course.

This is a couple years ago (before I had any golf style) but here is a pic of me hitting off of the thick ice (water hazard). It actually snowed on us during this round but it was a blast.

4750c05b-19bf-cba1.jpg

4750c05b-19e1-0309.jpg

Haha, thats pretty awesome Jeff.

The cold is bad enough but if you throw in some killer wind then Im done. For me its right around 40* and I start thinking about grabbing the birdie ball putting green.

I can do the upper 30's/low 40's but I usually stick to the indoor stuff from December through February simply because it's usually so wet here in Western PA - that makes it more disgusting than the cold.

Steel Tappin'

So true

It didn't seem all that cold after I got out there today (~40* with a windchill of about 35*) however I found my clothing was somewhat limiting. Spent a lot of time on the chipping green.

I played yesterday. We teed off it was 31º with winds up to 25 mph. I don't know what that made the wind chill factor, but it was chilly.

We play in the 30's and 40's all the time up here in the NW. If we didn't, the golf season would only be around 6 months. :)

We play basically as long as the courses are open. They usually close in early november or when the snow comes and the temp. goes below 30 F for a longer period (weeks). The courses open in April. Between Nov-April, the temperature stays at 15 to -25 F, so I wouldn't play even if the courses would be open :D

I'd play when it stays above 30 F.

I played 9 today in 35* and 10 mph winds. It wasn't terrible with a toboggan on. Only thing that got cold was my hands. Had a few stingers, those hurt too.

As long as it's dry, I'll play in most any temperature. Courses close before it get's really cold here but will play below freezing before they close for the winter.

Back