It's stopped down here, has it finally stopped up your way? Whatever I can do Dev...text me.

It finally stopped. Got about 6 inches. Shoveled out cleaned off the cars, filled the generator, brought the baby to daycare. Just got to work and I have to go home every 2 hours to run the generator so the sump pump will drain the water. I really think I could be amish. It's been 10 days. At least the amish have heat..haha. A little hard work never hurt anyone.

Its still snowing. At least 6 inches outside. This is really too much. I at my breaking point.

this was absolutely rediculous and. Was not supose to get this kind of snow last night. It was crazy and stressful, annoying and really pissed me off to wach that crap come down. Was supose to be mostly rain with a dusting mixed in and alittle more north and west. Instead it was like 6 inches of heavy wet garbage that bends trees and really made bad slushy road conditions not to mention it got cold and windy. The only good was about 1 in the morn it got a bit warmer and the stuff on the streets started to melt. Which ended up making a decent commute to work this morn.

There are now more power outages and some who got power back now lost it again. A big stinking setback for sure. And it got so bad for a few hours with the wind and sideways blowing heavy snow on hilltops and shorelines that all I could think of was the poor people who are still out with releif efforts in those areas. Really just must been terrible for them all.

I'm finally starting to get really pissed off. I understood it would take time to get power up and I also am always thankful I'm not in a situation like so many whos conditions are much less fortunate than me. We have also been down to help but now this is rediculous and finally feeling its ok to act a bit selfish.

First few days with no generator but even now with one I'm tired of this generator crap, livin with limited power and only while i run it. Trying to keep the house warm enough which has now required more run time. Cant leave it running with the kids home incase something goes wrong even though they are 15 and 12. Too many wires and cant lock the back door. Cant run it while we sleep for security and too much gas. Waking up in cold house. Trying to figure out what to do with kids while we work (no school yet). Dragging this thing in and out so it doesnt get stolen, checking and changing oil, paying for gas to run it, making trips to the station, switching around which appliances to run such as shutting furnace for trying to do laundry as to not overload one phase from the gen with too many amps on one line etc etc etc.. Can only even do these things while the gen is on. not too mention making sure we filling up our cars on the odd even days and just not living with any real normalcy and all this on back of my my mind while commuting and working. There has even been overtime at work which is not often which can help me pay for gas etc.. but I cant even take it because I have to tend to all else at home. Talk about a catch 22

All is so stressful and to the point now where its unacceptable that it is taking this long to fix and then this totaly (unexpected amount) of heavy wet windy snow storm we got just sent me over the top in what I've been trying so hard to stay calm about. Also spent the other entire day (9 hours) raking leaves to the curb etc with my son for my fall clean up (which made me really feel good to do some normal house work for one day) and now because the snow they of course plowed it all back on my lawn like another slap in the face.

All the immediate surrounding nieghborhoods around us been up for days which makes you think very soon but its like they have moved on to further away areas to leave my small development in the dark. Two downed poles and blown t/former. no one has seen a sole from power company since the second day after the storm. Now my nieghbor said she spoke with jcp&l and told her they didnt even see our couple of blocks on the list at all. What the "%^*#" is that all about?? I have no idea! I'm really sorry for those less fortunate but I just neaded to be bit selfish and vent. Thanks for putting up with it. I want normalcy and just tired of the stresses.

Wow, that is extremely tough conditions to deal with rollin. My boss lives in Jersey but had power back on late last week. My thoughts are with you guys man, wish you could just catch a break.

this was absolutely rediculous and. Was not supose to get this kind of snow last night. It was crazy and stressful, annoying and really pissed me off to wach that crap come down. Was supose to be mostly rain with a dusting mixed in and alittle more north and west. Instead it was like 6 inches of heavy wet garbage that bends trees and really made bad slushy road conditions not to mention it got cold and windy. The only good was about 1 in the morn it got a bit warmer and the stuff on the streets started to melt. Which ended up making a decent commute to work this morn.

There are now more power outages and some who got power back now lost it again. A big stinking setback for sure. And it got so bad for a few hours with the wind and sideways blowing heavy snow on hilltops and shorelines that all I could think of was the poor people who are still out with releif efforts in those areas. Really just must been terrible for them all.

I'm finally starting to get really pissed off. I understood it would take time to get power up and I also am always thankful I'm not in a situation like so many whos conditions are much less fortunate than me. We have also been down to help but now this is rediculous and finally feeling its ok to act a bit selfish.

First few days with no generator but even now with one I'm tired of this generator crap, livin with limited power and only while i run it. Trying to keep the house warm enough which has now required more run time. Cant leave it running with the kids home incase something goes wrong even though they are 15 and 12. Too many wires and cant lock the back door. Cant run it while we sleep for security and too much gas. Waking up in cold house. Trying to figure out what to do with kids while we work (no school yet). Dragging this thing in and out so it doesnt get stolen, checking and changing oil, paying for gas to run it, making trips to the station, switching around which appliances to run such as shutting furnace for trying to do laundry as to not overload one phase from the gen with too many amps on one line etc etc etc.. Can only even do these things while the gen is on. not too mention making sure we filling up our cars on the odd even days and just not living with any real normalcy and all this on back of my my mind while commuting and working. There has even been overtime at work which is not often which can help me pay for gas etc.. but I cant even take it because I have to tend to all else at home. Talk about a catch 22

All is so stressful and to the point now where its unacceptable that it is taking this long to fix and then this totaly (unexpected amount) of heavy wet windy snow storm we got just sent me over the top in what I've been trying so hard to stay calm about. Also spent the other entire day (9 hours) raking leaves to the curb etc with my son for my fall clean up (which made me really feel good to do some normal house work for one day) and now because the snow they of course plowed it all back on my lawn like another slap in the face.

All the immediate surrounding nieghborhoods around us been up for days which makes you think very soon but its like they have moved on to further away areas to leave my small development in the dark. Two downed poles and blown t/former. no one has seen a sole from power company since the second day after the storm. Now my nieghbor said she spoke with jcp&l and told her they didnt even see our couple of blocks on the list at all. What the "%^*#" is that all about?? I have no idea! I'm really sorry for those less fortunate but I just neaded to be bit selfish and vent. Thanks for putting up with it. I want normalcy and just tired of the stresses.

You dont happen to live in Lincoln Park, NJ do you? Sounds exactly like my town and situation. Filling the generator at 9pm last night in a blizzard while my wife and child slept was awesome. I was so tired and over it all, I went out in a t-shirt, shorts and crocs. I really felt like I had lost my mind because as the wind would blow gas on me I was cursing mother nature and laughing. It was quite a scene.

Wow, that is extremely tough conditions to deal with rollin. My boss lives in Jersey but had power back on late last week. My thoughts are with you guys man, wish you could just catch a break.

Thanks Cookie. Send some Texas sunshine our way if you can.

Thanks Cookie. Send some Texas sunshine our way if you can.

Already done man! I know you guys may get a little more snow today but the next 5-6 days look promising for some sun and warmer temps. Hopefully enough to get everything up and running before the real winter begins to settle in.

Already done man! I know you guys may get a little more snow today but the next 5-6 days look promising for some sun and warmer temps. Hopefully enough to get everything up and running before the real winter begins to settle in.

I knew we could count on you! The stars at night are big and bright....

That sucks man....we ended up with flurries and a little rain but that's it. Somehow our power was out for a few hours last night though?

Its still snowing. At least 6 inches outside. This is really too much. I at my breaking point.

That sucks man....we ended up with flurries and a little rain but that's it. Somehow our power was out for a few hours last night though?

Yeah, there are people that had power through the whole hurricane until yesterday that lost power now because of it. Those people are all over FB complaining. All I can do is laugh.

Sorry to all those still effected. What a terrible situation to be in, good luck with the rest and hope mother nature decides to cooperate soon since no one else will.

You dont happen to live in Lincoln Park, NJ do you? Sounds exactly like my town and situation. Filling the generator at 9pm last night in a blizzard while my wife and child slept was awesome. I was so tired and over it all, I went out in a t-shirt, shorts and crocs. I really felt like I had lost my mind because as the wind would blow gas on me I was cursing mother nature and laughing. It was quite a scene.

No I'm down in holmdel/hazlet. And thats funny lol. I know exactly how ya feel as ya saw in my last post. Which after posting, I'm glad to chuckle about it for this brief moment. I can certainly picture that scene. I was in almost a similar one last night about the same time.

well, I finally able to speak with an actual person at JCP&L. Dont even remember how many tries and which number and how many buttons had to go through to finally talk with someone but they said my (according to his schedule in front of him) that my specific blocks are supose to be repaired by midnight tomorrow. And assured me what he has been saying based on his schedule in front of him that it has been pretty accurate.

I dont know what its worth cause couple others in my nieghborhood have managed to do the same in the past and been given specifics about my block before only to have it not be true. Nothing worse than false hope. But for now I'm crosing my fingers as he sounded pretty sincere about it. We will see. I will not get excited about it only to be let down. Instead I'd rather not count on it and then get surprized if its on.

well, I finally able to speak with an actual person at JCP&L. Dont even remember how many tries and which number and how many buttons had to go through to finally talk with someone but they said my (according to his schedule in front of him) that my specific blocks are supose to be repaired by midnight tomorrow. And assured me what he has been saying based on his schedule in front of him that it has been pretty accurate.

I dont know what its worth cause couple others in my nieghborhood have managed to do the same in the past and been given specifics about my block before only to have it not be true. Nothing worse than false hope. But for now I'm crosing my fingers as he sounded pretty sincere about it. We will see. I will not get excited about it only to be let down. Instead I'd rather not count on it and then get surprized if its on.

Dont waste your time on the phone with them. I was told 3 different answers by 3 separate people. Just use the outage number and keep calling and reporting the outage.

dude we would totally get along hahaha
im always laughing to keep from crying

6 trucks have been at the bottom of my hill working all day. No progress, no lights, and they are packing up and leaving. Swell. Thanks guys..... They were a crew from West Virginia. Where is Frank A when you need him?

dude we would totally get along hahaha
im always laughing to keep from crying

It reminded me of Lt Dan in Forest Gump when he is on the boat during the storm yelling and laughing. That was me but with legs.

6 trucks have been at the bottom of my hill working all day. No progress, no lights, and they are packing up and leaving. Swell. Thanks guys..... They were a crew from West Virginia. Where is Frank A when you need him?

They are there and working, thats a good sign Dev. Listening to O&A today Ant has still not seen anyone. Hopefully they continue and you are restored soon.

Yeah, I heard it. It was really funny. I just want power back. I dont care about TV or internet. Just power.

Just saw that my part of the town needs more work today. Last part of town that needs power. SHOCKING! I guess in this day and age they dont believe in this thing called a light so they could work when it got dark out. Whatever I dont even care anymore. Its 30 degrees out and I just had to fill the generator for hopefully the last time.

Imagine how long it would take if those crews weren't coming in from out of state AND working all day. I really hope you get that power back on soon....

Imagine how long it would take if those crews weren't coming in from out of state AND working all day. I really hope you get that power back on soon....

Believe me I know. I have said it more than once in here how appreciative I am of all these guys that have put there life on hold and come here to help out. The crew working yesterday was from West Virginia.

Believe me I know. I have said it more than once in here how appreciative I am of all these guys that have put there life on hold and come here to help out. The crew working yesterday was from West Virginia.

On a bit of different subject. there are a few things about this and indirectly related things I dont always agree with. I too am greatful and apreciative of anyone who make sacrifices and comes to help. My family itself, while we have to deal with the stresses and expences of no power and some minor repairs we have not only gathered up all clothing possible but also went to stores and bought supplies then brought all down to releif areas and volunteered to help with such. So it is something we believe in and are apreciative of anyone who does anything at all to help others. I actually find it strange how soo many can turn a blind eye to such things.

With that said and with the apreciation for those who help i am also not nieve. Alot of this out of state worker stuff has more to do with money than people just being nice. Theres nothing wrong with it and its not everyone but I am a tradesman myself and I know when time of emergencies arise (both large and very small ones) there are soo many who jump on the ban wagon and see dollar signs more for the extra pay than anything else. When people know they are gonna get 14 or 16 hour days, at 6 or 7 days a week for a couple of weeks, that is what makes them come more than anything else.

I can give some examples. I remember the gulf war in Iraq. (Kuwait liberation). When it was over I remember I had an offer to put my name in for help to rebiuld. Was to be 6 month and earn 50 or 60 thou tax free. People didnt jump on that to be heros and help. They jumped on it and left thier families behind for the money. Didnt make them heros. Just greed.

Just this past "sandy" storm. The place I work had some employees that had to stay but asked everyone in addition who ever wanted to stay on the clock for 2 days straight in case of emergency and also the place would acts as a shelter. Guys jumped all over it and would step on thier own mothers for it. Not to be good people, but to earn the easiest "do nothing" couple thousand dollars they ever made. They left thier wives and kids at home not knowing if they'd be harmed or whatever. They didnt do it out of the goodness of thier hearts, they did it for the money.

I chose to be home with my wife and kids. I neaded the money badly but if something happened to my home and family and i wasnt there when i had the choice to be i would never forgave myself. Then also if something happened i wouldnt have even been able to get home to them for a couple days more. My home was just missed by a huge tree. If something were to majorly happen i just had to be there even just for sake that my family knowing the comfort that daddy is home. I just dont understand why those who didnt have to be there decided to do it for the money instead of being with thier family. They werent heros for sacrificing, they were greety bastards who stupidly sacrificed thier own families all for the couple thousand dollars.

So then with these power companies that send workers. The companies they come from also save money and maybe even make money when they send these workers. When they send workers, they know that they will get a freebee because those workers will now be paid by the companies (via reimbursement) where they were sent to so that original company now saves on payroll and benefits for those employees for that period of time. So those helping companies arent heros ither in that sense.

So there is alot more than we think as far as just saying who does what for what reasons. And again, i dont mean this is everyone. Even now JCP&L has bragging about they brought another 1600 workers yesterday. I say "Yesterday!!" why the hell didnt they have them hear 7 or 8 days ago!!. Its all money

Even after 911. This doesnt pertain at all to any of those who rushed over there to save lives and etc nor all those who initially voluntarily left thier lives behind to help. But very shortly afterwards I personally know quite a few people (tradseman) who worked 14 hour days, 7 days a week for months. None of them did it for the goodness of it, every one of them saw the dollar signs. Ate it up and sucked it up while breathing all those fumes day after day. Was all done for the money. If one guy didnt want it, ten more stood in line behind. And the contractors they work for ate it all up too. they wernt hero outfits, they made tons of dollars.

I'm not trying to put a damper on what people do out of goodness and always apreciate those who do these things, give of themselves and make those sacrifices when they do not have to because ther are plenty who do. But just that alot more of the credit that should go to those people often goes to the others who have different and even selfish reasons for doing it.

In the end money rules all. Sometimes I wish money didnt even exist!!

I love the place I work. In a matter of a few days we have organized and are filling a truck to sound down in relief efforts for victims of Hurricane Sandy. We have everything from food and clothes to pet supplies, blankets, and personal hygiene products. My building I work in overfilled the box (size big enough to fit a computer chair) we are even to the point that we have been searching the building for more boxes. It is great to see so many people realize every little bit helps.

I love the place I work. In a matter of a few days we have organized and are filling a truck to sound down in relief efforts for victims of Hurricane Sandy. We have everything from food and clothes to pet supplies, blankets, and personal hygiene products. My building I work in overfilled the box (size big enough to fit a computer chair) we are even to the point that we have been searching the building for more boxes. It is great to see so many people realize every little bit helps.

Thats awesome!! Even the littlest things can make a big difference. Like batteries. Something so small as a package of batteries can make a difference. Thank you for your generosity and there are many people that are still struggling that will be very appreciative to receive it.

Back