Holy crap! Didn't realize this was as serious as it may be. Stay safe fellow THPers and eerily one else in the area!

Yeah, as long as I have power.... They are pretty much predicting we will all be without power for extended periods of time. I took the necessary precautions.. brought my golf clubs upstairs from the basement..haha

hahaha, wife and kid next? just kidding man, did you get a generator?

I'm going to try to fly back to Boston tomorrow, really hoping things work out.

Sent from Tapatalk

My school district is closed tomorrow along with every other one in the area. I'm just staying home and hoping for the best but it's looking like it's going to hit hard around here in southern NY. Stay safe everyone!

Stay safe STC!

hahaha, wife and kid next? just kidding man, did you get a generator?

Yeah we have one...shockingly it isnt working..haha My neighbor has 2 so I can run an extension cord over the fence and at least run the pump. Aside from my family, the pump and the liquid golf (aka horde of breast milk in the freezer) and my golf clubs are most important..haha

I am so glad that I live well off of the shore, after seeing a pic like this in a place about 50 mins away from me:

599012_435455439851629_1797923359_n.jpg

I'm going to try to fly back to Boston tomorrow, really hoping things work out.

Sent from Tapatalk

I hope your family is alright man

Yeah we have one...shockingly it isnt working..haha My neighbor has 2 so I can run an extension cord over the fence and at least run the pump. Aside from my family, the pump and the liquid golf (aka horde of breast milk in the freezer) and my golf clubs are most important..haha

lol, I hope everythign works out for you man, that really sucks that the power will go out, we'll be praying for all you THPers in that area

And Jersey Nate, that's insane, glad you don't live there too

Yeah, as long as I have power.... They are pretty much predicting we will all be without power for extended periods of time. I took the necessary precautions.. brought my golf clubs upstairs from the basement..haha

There is very little doubt I'm losing power for multiple days.

Stay safe STC!

Thanks Satchmo.

Everyone stay safe on the east coast! It just so happens that I had to travel for work this week and am in Huntington, WV. TV just popped up with a Blizzard warning until Wednesday AM. Awesome....

There is very little doubt I'm losing power for multiple days.

Right there with you buddy. Had no power for over a week from Irene. The waiting is really nerve wracking.

everything is starting to flood
the pier down south is gone... it was wooden
the main street about 2 blocks away usually floods really quick
the neighborhood golf course is probably underwater

be safe Russ! Are you upstairs at least?

I hope your family is alright man

Thanks man, but my wife and dog are with me here in SC right now. Just got out of a wedding, there was no chance for us to fly out tonight.

Sent from Tapatalk

Thanks man, but my wife and dog are with me here in SC right now. Just got out of a wedding, there was no chance fur us to fly out tonight.

Sent from Tapatalk

thank goodness you are away from it at least, so are you going to be stuck in SC for a few days then?

thank goodness you are away from it at least, so are you going to be stuck in SC for a few days then?

No, need to get back to Boston asap. Can't take time off when you work in a hospital.

Sent from Tapatalk

No, need to get back to Boston asap. Can't take time off when you work in a hospital.

Sent from Tapatalk

Dang man, hope for safe travels for ya getting back.

Sent from Tapatalk

crap, hopefully you can make it safely and quickly.

Indeed! Hope everyone who is in the colored parts of those maps they are showing on TV is OK. Maybe we can share some pictures afterwards.

Ken

Just checked the sump pump and shockingly enough it isnt working. I know nothing about sump pumps. Contemplating calling the landlord now or waiting until the morning.

Just checked the sump pump and shockingly enough it isnt working. I know nothing about sump pumps. Contemplating calling the landlord now or waiting until the morning.

Not a good idea to wait dude. With the amount of rain were getting already the water table will rise really fast. It's raining good here. How is it there?

Not a good idea to wait dude. With the amount of rain were getting already the water table will rise really fast. It's raining good here. How is it there?

No rain yet. Not supposed to really start until tomorrow.

you doing ok Russ?

Tough to say what the issue is but it may be worth checking to see if the outlet it is plugged into the breaker isn't tripped.

Back