Having hit both....I would say that if you already have a draw swing the Mashie may make that shot more pronounced for you. The Mashie sets up a little closed at address to begin with however the Mashie Tour which has less offset may be a potential option. The R11 is adjustable which could help minimize a draw if needed with a few turns of the wrench

Having hit both....I would say that if you already have a draw swing the Mashie may make that shot more pronounced for you. The Mashie sets up a little closed at address to begin with however the Mashie Tour which has less offset may be a potential option. The R11 is adjustable which could help minimize a draw if needed with a few turns of the wrench

okay, thank you, whats the difference between them borth you think? which is more forgiving? Which is easier to hit? want to hear your thought about all good/bad about both of them

I can't comment on the R11 as I haven't hit them, but I would say the Mashie is a great club if you have a smooth swing. As long as you make sure that you square the face and it isn't closed at address, it shouldn't be a problem to play your normal draw. It is a really easy to hit club and plays great out of the rough

I can't comment on the R11 as I haven't hit them, but I would say the Mashie is a great club if you have a smooth swing. As long as you make sure that you square the face and it isn't closed at address, it shouldn't be a problem to play your normal draw. It is a really easy to hit club and plays great out of the rough

but dont you think if there is as much offset as it is on the mashie, that there will be a bit of draw just beacuse of it, and then adding the draw of my swing, will alomost be a hook?

The shaft is the major difference between the 2. The Mashie comes with a Miyazaki standard however the R11 comes with an Aldila RIP shaft too. I think the Miyazaki shaft is a little bit better. i think the Mashie is mroe forgiving then the R11 but if you can put a consistent swing on the R11 the sweet spot really rewards you with a nice high ball flight and great audible sound. All that being said I think the R11 may be a little easier to hit as the Mashie requires smooth, even tempo where the R11 will let you get away with more at times but distance loss and feeling will suffer a bit.

okay, thank you, whats the difference between them borth you think? which is more forgiving? Which is easier to hit? want to hear your thought about all good/bad about both of them

If you have already decided the offset from the Mashie isn't going to work for you than you should get the Rescue 11, but you should really go hit both and figure out which one works best for you. Also, you keep asking questions that were covered in-depth in both review threads. I'd say go hit both and find out which one works for your swing. I personally like the Mashie better than the Rescue 11.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shaft is the major difference between the 2. The Mashie comes with a Miyazaki standard however the R11 comes with an Aldila RIP shaft too. I think the Miyazaki shaft is a little bit better. i think the Mashie is mroe forgiving then the R11 but if you can put a consistent swing on the R11 the sweet spot really rewards you with a nice high ball flight and great audible sound. All that being said I think the R11 may be a little easier to hit as the Mashie requires smooth, even tempo where the R11 will let you get away with more at times but distance loss and feeling will suffer a bit.

okay, thank you so much for the info :)

If you have already decided the offset from the Mashie isn't going to work for you than you should get the Rescue 11, but you should really go hit both and figure out which one works best for you. Also, you keep asking questions that were covered in-depth in both review threads. I'd say go hit both and find out which one works for your swing. I personally like the Mashie better than the Rescue 11.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okay, yes will try to hit both of them before buying... do you know what the difference between the tour model and regular are for mashie? except the offsets. Also what did you like better with the mashie then r11? What kind of swing do you have? normal tendencies?

What's a R11 hybrid? :D

I tested the Rescue 11. Is that similar?

I own both a Mashie and a Rescue 11. I like the Rescue 11 more. The Rescue 11 has stronger lofts than the Mashie, so the distances don't always match up. The Rescue 11 is nowhere as forgiving as the Mashie, but I perfer the Rescue 11. It am more consistent with it.

okay, yes will try to hit both of them before buying... do you know what the difference between the tour model and regular are for mashie? except the offsets. Also what did you like better with the mashie then r11? What kind of swing do you have? normal tendencies?

I get that you really dont want to read those other threads, but these things have been discussed at GREAT lengths in each one of them. People on this forum spent a ton of time reviewing these clubs and the information is awesome. If you are interested in either one of these, it is worth reading. All of these questions will be answered.

What's a R11 hybrid? :D

I tested the Rescue 11. Is that similar?

I own both a Mashie and a Rescue 11. I like the Rescue 11 more. The Rescue 11 has stronger lofts than the Mashie, so the distances don't always match up. The Rescue 11 is nowhere as forgiving as the Mashie, but I perfer the Rescue 11. It am more consistent with it.

okay, what did you like better with the rescue11 then the mashie? what HCP do you have? normal swing tendencies for you? draw or fades?

Couple things that would probably help everyone help you.

Besides a draw, what are your tendencies? Handicap really wont help tell you if a hybrid will be good or not. People hit shots for different reasons and in my experience, it's usually attributed to the swing they have.

I have a draw swing and I find the Mashie to be the best hybrid for me. Again a ton of information in those threads and honestly, you'll have an easier time looking through there than asking the same questions over and over. It would help too if we knew more about your game.

Couple things that would probably help everyone help you.

Besides a draw, what are your tendencies? Handicap really wont help tell you if a hybrid will be good or not. People hit shots for different reasons and in my experience, it's usually attributed to the swing they have.

I have a draw swing and I find the Mashie to be the best hybrid for me. Again a ton of information in those threads and honestly, you'll have an easier time looking through there than asking the same questions over and over. It would help too if we knew more about your game.

okay, can you give me some tips about what you need to know about my game to answer my questions? :) would really appreciate the help

okay, what did you like better with the rescue11 then the mashie? what HCP do you have? normal swing tendencies for you? draw or fades?

I liked the distance from the Rescue 11, I also like the lack of offset. I tended to hook the Mashie. All of my thoughts on the Rescue 11 is in the Rescue 11 testers thread.

okay, can you give me some tips about what you need to know about my game to answer my questions? :) would really appreciate the help

You know your own game better than us. I would read the testers threads. Then find a Mashie and Rescue 11 to demo.

Well, what kinds of misses is pretty important. Part of the thing is too if you go through each of the threads JB mentioned you'll find a lot of good info for people who may have similar games.

Do you want a light or heavy shaft?

Again even with this information, you'd be good to read through those threads. Is there any reason you don't want to read through them?

do you have the same tendencies as me? or do you just like the adams idea pro black? I have been looking at that one earlier, but never tested it

I do fight the draw as well. I got this hybrid in the beginning of the season after doing a lot of research. The feel is good and the smaller head gives you more of the iron feel and workability with the hybrid forgiveness. Go hit it at the store.

From your other thread:

"So my question is, I want a hybrid with no/very little offset, so i can hit my normal swing without hooking the ball, but still want it to be very forgiving. Which hybrids can you guys recommend? Which hybrids have you tested and what was good/bad with them....

Im a 9Hcp, hitting around 280 with driver "

Seems like you have a pretty good idea of what you have in mind. I'd say look at a tour Mashie or the R11 rescue. Read the threads get some feedback and go with what works best.

From your other thread:

"So my question is, I want a hybrid with no/very little offset, so i can hit my normal swing without hooking the ball, but still want it to be very forgiving. Which hybrids can you guys recommend? Which hybrids have you tested and what was good/bad with them....

Im a 9Hcp, hitting around 280 with driver "

Seems like you have a pretty good idea of what you have in mind. I'd say look at a tour Mashie or the R11 rescue. Read the threads get some feedback and go with what works best.

okay, all my misses are hooks.... dont know if i want o lighter or heavier shaft, you think its better to have a heavier shaft to not overdraw the ball, or better to have a lighter to prevent that? What is the difference between the tour model mashie and regular... exept offset...

reason why i dont preffer to read the threads are because ther are 250 pages long :p

reason why i dont preffer to read the threads are because ther are 250 pages long :p

While that may be true, keep in mind that people spent days and weeks and even months testing these clubs for THP and reporting their reviews.
If you ever got chosen to be a tester of equipment on this site, it would be hard to ask someone to read the work no?

Thank you for saying that.... I know some aren't meaning harm and I do it from time to time, but there is a ton of great info that a lot of people worked really hard on right there.

While that may be true, keep in mind that people spent days and weeks and even months testing these clubs for THP and reporting their reviews.
If you ever got chosen to be a tester of equipment on this site, it would be hard to ask someone to read the work no?

Well, it depends why you're hooking the ball and probably a pro would be best at answering that. I know why I hook and it has nothing to do with shaft weight. You could've probably already had most of the feedback by now in the time its taken for any info to come of this thread.

okay, all my misses are hooks.... dont know if i want o lighter or heavier shaft, you think its better to have a heavier shaft to not overdraw the ball, or better to have a lighter to prevent that? What is the difference between the tour model mashie and regular... exept offset...

I think I can chime in here and be of some help. I spent a while testing out the Rescue 11 vs the Mashie. In fact I bought the Regular Mashie, but found that I was hooking it too much when I put my normal swing on it. That being said, I still prefered that Mashie to the Rescue 11. This is just personal, but I just could never hit the Rescue 11 very consistently. I found a Tour Mashie and was in love! The main thing I love about it is the heavier shaft. For me it has been producing very consistent results. If you can find a Tour Mashie, I would definitely suggest hitting it, as I think this is the best hybrid shaft on the market!

I agree with Hanks. My normal shot shape is a draw and it was VERY pronounced with the mashie. So much so I had to stop using it. I hate it too because those things are so easy to get up in the air

I think I can chime in here and be of some help. I spent a while testing out the Rescue 11 vs the Mashie. In fact I bought the Regular Mashie, but found that I was hooking it too much when I put my normal swing on it. That being said, I still prefered that Mashie to the Rescue 11. This is just personal, but I just could never hit the Rescue 11 very consistently. I found a Tour Mashie and was in love! The main thing I love about it is the heavier shaft. For me it has been producing very consistent results. If you can find a Tour Mashie, I would definitely suggest hitting it, as I think this is the best hybrid shaft on the market!

What's up Doc? I'm assuming the tour is more open? If so you just put me in full on ponder mode! I loved how easy the regular mashie was to get airborne.

I do fight the draw as well. I got this hybrid in the beginning of the season after doing a lot of research. The feel is good and the smaller head gives you more of the iron feel and workability with the hybrid forgiveness. Go hit it at the store.

okay, great, will try that :)

okay, will try the tour model if i can find it :) thank you so much for the help

Back