If any of you have hit the a12, can you offer me some thoughts? Thanks!

If any of you have hit the a12, can you offer me some thoughts? Thanks!

ive read around here alot today, and almost everyone that i saw tried the a12 thought was extremely unforgiving

I hit more hooks when the club is too light. Hands come around too quickly. With some hybrids you can adjust lie angle too, which may help fight your draw.

okay, will look into a heavier shaft maybe, good to know :) thanks

ive read around here alot today, and almost everyone that i saw tried the a12 thought was extremely unforgiving

Well, the a12 is a players hybrid.. I don't think it was designed to be all that forgiving..

The Adams clubs are pretty well explained on their site regarding forgiveness vs shot shaping.. The Pro black and the a12 have little backing and are designed to shape shots. Progressively from there, the V3 onto the a7 onto the a7os (I assume OS = oversized) get progressively more and more forgiving..

The charts make it pretty clear, if you want a straight hybrid solely to hit a hybrid straight, you may as well pursue the a7os

The Adams clubs are pretty well explained on their site regarding forgiveness vs shot shaping.. The Pro black and the a12 have little backing and are designed to shape shots. Progressively from there, the V3 onto the a7 onto the a7os (I assume OS = oversized) get progressively more and more forgiving..

The charts make it pretty clear, if you want a straight hybrid solely to hit a hybrid straight, you may as well pursue the a7os

the OS means offset, i already got the a7os, but hitting a natural draw already, adding the draw bias in the a7os makes me hook the ball, thats why i need to find a new hybrid...

I stumbled across a used Titleist 585H with a Proforce V2 104g shaft in it and I find it quite easy to hit. No problem getting the ball up and really need to release wrist in order to hit a draw. Nice stick if you don´t mind buying used gear.

the OS means offset, i already got the a7os, but hitting a natural draw already, adding the draw bias in the a7os makes me hook the ball, thats why i need to find a new hybrid...

Just to be clear, there is a difference between a draw and a hook.. Certainly if you are overdrawing the ball you should look to different options, but if you're hooking it I'd worry about your swing over your hybrid. If you like everything but the offset, why not try the standard a7? It's still listed as being given a 3/4 on the forgiveness scale... Or go buy an adjustable hybrid like the TM rescue and just set it to super open all the time.

Also, I just assumed OS meant oversized based on one of the main features being "OVERSIZED" on the site... Along with "easy to hit".

Just to be clear, there is a difference between a draw and a hook.. Certainly if you are overdrawing the ball you should look to different options, but if you're hooking it I'd worry about your swing over your hybrid. If you like everything but the offset, why not try the standard a7? It's still listed as being given a 3/4 on the forgiveness scale... Or go buy an adjustable hybrid like the TM rescue and just set it to super open all the time.

Also, I just assumed OS meant oversized based on one of the main features being "OVERSIZED" on the site... Along with "easy to hit".

i have a draw, but adding my draw + the extra draw from the a7os draw bias, it makes the ball go like a hook. But as you say, maybe the a7, but also interested in the V3....

Have not tried the Pro black-I had two of the Pro Golds from a couple years back and got rid of them.They were my first hybrids and I hit them pretty good on a monitor but not in the real world.They were not very forgiving for my swing and I hit too many hooks.The shape of the Pro blacks look similar but I am not sure that they play the same.

Ive got a couple of Nickent hybrids and love them. The best part is that I got them for about $80 total brand new.

okay thanks guys, will probably go with a adams V3 or a adams a7 hybrid, so if you have tested any of those, please comment :)

Have not tried the Pro black-I had two of the Pro Golds from a couple years back and got rid of them.They were my first hybrids and I hit them pretty good on a monitor but not in the real world.They were not very forgiving for my swing and I hit too many hooks.The shape of the Pro blacks look similar but I am not sure that they play the same.

okay, i really love the shape of the pro black and the a12, but the are not supposed to be forgiving at all.... Have you tried the V3 or a7 versions?

offset question

offset question

have narrowed down to 4 hybrids now, the mashie, adams v3, adams super hybrid and adams a7.

Right now im using adams a7os, but with the draw bias in the a7os im overdrawing the ball since im having a draw swing.

So have anybody tested all of these 3? and is the offset equaly much on all of them? Ive read that some that has a natural draw has trouble hitting the mashie, so guess its to much offset on the mashie... but need help figuering out on the other listed above :)

I would consider a mashie tour if you havnt looked into them yet.

To make things easier, I have merged the 4 threads with the OP's hybrid search into one. So people are not answering the same questions or posting the same links repeatedly.

Check out the new G20's that Ping is coming out with. I just ordered a G20 4 wood an have heard great things about the whole line. Comes out on Thursday.

Check out the new G20's that Ping is coming out with. I just ordered a G20 4 wood an have heard great things about the whole line. Comes out on Thursday.

but the g20 has extremely much offset, want as little offset as possible

The best anti-left hybrid for me is the Mizuno MP CLK. I love the stock fubuki shaft, I hit it super high and it just goes. You can also find them pretty cheap.

If you like the a7os hybrid, I would try the regular a7 hybrid. Or maybe the new a12 hybrid.

but the g20 has extremely much offset, want as little offset as possible

Oh sorry about that. I would also suggest a Callaway Razr X. Those are very nice but again, I'm not sure about the offset. Actually just got a Razr X 3 hybrid.

If you like the a7os hybrid, I would try the regular a7 hybrid. Or maybe the new a12 hybrid.

i think i will probably get the regular a7 in the end :p

Back