I agree with Hanks. My normal shot shape is a draw and it was VERY pronounced with the mashie. So much so I had to stop using it. I hate it too because those things are so easy to get up in the air

okay, so what hybrid are you playing now then instead?

Absolutely love my R11 Rescues, have three of them now. 3, 4, and 5. Don't use the 5 as much as the other two.

Absolutely love my R11 Rescues, have three of them now. 3, 4, and 5. Don't use the 5 as much as the other two.

have you tried the mashie? or which hybrids did you test before deciding the r11 was the best chioce?

have you tried the mashie? or which hybrids did you test before deciding the r11 was the best chioce?

I am terrible when it comes to trying other clubs. I hit one other hybrid, a Callaway, before ordering the R11's. I am addicted to TaylorMade and never even gave another club a thought.

I always seem to go back to my trusty Titleist 585H and I draw the ball as well. GL

Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid

Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid

anyone tried this one? I read the reviews on the adams test day here at THP, they had the V3 and a12 hybrids, but not the idea pro black... Alot of the testers said that the a12 was very little forgiving, is this pro black the same? or more forgiving? How much offset is it? Dont need to add draw to my swing.

If someone have tried alot of adams hybrids, which would you recommend for someone seeking a pretty forgiving hybrid but without any draw bias?

anyone tried this one? I read the reviews on the adams test day here at THP, they had the V3 and a12 hybrids, but not the idea pro black... Alot of the testers said that the a12 was very little forgiving, is this pro black the same? or more forgiving? How much offset is it? Dont need to add draw to my swing.

If someone have tried alot of adams hybrids, which would you recommend for someone seeking a pretty forgiving hybrid but without any draw bias?

I own the Adams Idea Super Black hybrid, but I hit on several occassions the Pro Black. I will tell you that the Pro Black is less forgiving than the Super Black.

I own the Adams Idea Super Black hybrid, but I hit on several occassions the Pro Black. I will tell you that the Pro Black is less forgiving than the Super Black.

okay, but really dont like the look of the suoer hybrid, since it looks more like a FW, but overall, do you think pro black i an easy club to hit?

okay, but really dont like the look of the suoer hybrid, since it looks more like a FW, but overall, do you think pro black i an easy club to hit?

I did not find any glaring problems with it. I did not have any "hook" issues with it and did find it relatively easy to hit for that type of hybrid. Though it was not quite as easy as the super black (I prefer that type of hybrid over the "iron-looking" hybrid). This is based only on hitting it on 3-4 different occasions though.

No, it's definitely not an easy club to hit. I went in to Golf Galaxy, hit that, the A12, and a Nickent 3DX Genex Ironwood. All 20 degrees. Hit the 7 dollar club about 8 yards further on average, and straighter than either of the 200 dollar clubs. In other words, go out and hit it before you buy it.

No, no it's not. There's a darned good reason the club has a sticker on it saying for skilled golfers only. If you're ball striking isn't up to par, this hybrid will chew you up, spit you out and then do it again. Horribly unforgiving, it makes the A12 look like childs play. All my experience though.

What loft are we talking about for your hybrid? The A7 isn't high on the offset side *I believe* so that might be the ticket. Generally, forgiving and lack of offset don't go together.

No, no it's not. There's a darned good reason the club has a sticker on it saying for skilled golfers only. If you're ball striking isn't up to par, this hybrid will chew you up, spit you out and then do it again. Horribly unforgiving, it makes the A12 look like childs play. All my experience though.

What loft are we talking about for your hybrid? The A7 isn't high on the offset side *I believe* so that might be the ticket. Generally, forgiving and lack of offset don't go together.

okay, yes i bought the a7os, haha, didnt know what i was doing then :p but now i know better, have you tried the adams V3? thoughts about that one? easy to hit? forgiving? I would like as little loft as possible, around 15-17, rather 15

The V3 gets the ball up high. It swings light but didn't promote a hook for me, which has been my experience with other hybrids. If you can try it with a heavier, shorter shaft than stock, I think you may like it.

The pro black is a draw machine. I think the ratio of draw to fade for me is probably 20:1.

good to know, tried the v3? or the a7?

The V3 gets the ball up high. It swings light but didn't promote a hook for me, which has been my experience with other hybrids. If you can try it with a heavier, shorter shaft than stock, I think you may like it.

okay, thank you :) tried the a7 as well?

okay, yes i bought the a7os, haha, didnt know what i was doing then :p but now i know better, have you tried the adams V3? thoughts about that one? easy to hit? forgiving? I would like as little loft as possible, around 15-17, rather 15

V3? Great little hybrid, espcially for sweepers (if you are one). The face is a little open which helps against the offset and I like the look a lot more then the Super Black which is more fairwayish. I wasn't a giant fan of the Bassara shaft in it as I can't get to grips with shafts that light but it's a solid shaft if it works for you. I ended up rolling with Devotions in mine and it was like a whole new club to me. Adams is pretty good about customizing anything about the club you need. Of the Adams hybrids I'd say this is my favorite that they've made (though I also like the A7).

I hit more hooks when the club is too light. Hands come around too quickly. With some hybrids you can adjust lie angle too, which may help fight your draw.

Just so I am not confused, is the Idea Black Pro the same as the A12 or are they different? I've been watching an a12 on Ebay.

Thanks ulle73, appreciate the link!

V3? Great little hybrid, espcially for sweepers (if you are one). The face is a little open which helps against the offset and I like the look a lot more then the Super Black which is more fairwayish. I wasn't a giant fan of the Bassara shaft in it as I can't get to grips with shafts that light but it's a solid shaft if it works for you. I ended up rolling with Devotions in mine and it was like a whole new club to me. Adams is pretty good about customizing anything about the club you need. Of the Adams hybrids I'd say this is my favorite that they've made (though I also like the A7).

okay, will probably look into a V3 or a a7 then... do you know if the offset on the a7 is more or similar to a mashie?

Just so I am not confused, is the Idea Black Pro the same as the A12 or are they different? I've been watching an a12 on Ebay.

I believe the a12 is essentially the new pro black.. Different release years.

Also, no, I have not hit the V3 or A7 models. Only the pro black and super black.

The a12 is the one I have been watching on ebay. Contemplating taking out 2 07 rescues(3 and 4) and replacing with either a 20 or 22 degree a12.

Back