Yep. I didn’t take her seriously and paid the price.
Pyramid intervals of :30 :45 1:00 :45 :30 with seemingly no rest in between.

Did hit a PR on distance for 20 minutes though!

Pyramid intervals of :30 :45 1:00 :45 :30 with seemingly no rest in between.

Did hit a PR on distance for 20 minutes though!
Hell yes!

She does a lot of the pyramids. I’m into it! I think F+ in general has some very solid programming.

I gotta say that spin biking for cardio SUCKS after rowing. It's very difficult for me to get where I want to be in terms of heart rate on a bike. My legs just have to get absolutely hammered. Much prefer being able to engage the entire body. Problem is I only have access to a rowing machine at my office gym.

Josh
IMG_8779.png

IMG_8778.png

Anja
IMG_8743.png

IMG_8742.png

I havent braved the waters of a 30 minute workout yet, much less one with Anja.

I did a 20 minute Josh workout last night, and while it was a good one, it did not come close the workout from Anja.
She’s like 5 feet tall too. What a beast.

She’s like 5 feet tall too. What a beast.
Why does she have to act all nice when she kicks my ass? Just yell at me and tell me I suck, at least that would piss me off and make me try harder.

Felt like a weenie choosing Josh on AF+ today, but 5 days working out in a row has me a little worn out.

Interesting program on this one. All-out intervals starting at 1:00 and then increasing 15 seconds each time, with the last one being 2:30 seconds. It was hard.

Felt like a weenie choosing Josh on AF+ today, but 5 days working out in a row has me a little worn out.

Interesting program on this one. All-out intervals starting at 1:00 and then increasing 15 seconds each time, with the last one being 2:30 seconds. It was hard.
Havent come across that one yet, sounds terrifying. I took the night off the rower last night, hit the treadmill instead. Contemplating my first 30 minute session tonight.

Havent come across that one yet, sounds terrifying. I took the night off the rower last night, hit the treadmill instead. Contemplating my first 30 minute session tonight.
You got this.

On the Asensei app, coach Johan does a lot of pyramid workouts going from 20-30 spm for various lengths of time, then, just for fun, will through in some planks with your elbows resting on the seat and alternating leg lifts. He focuses on form a good bit, which is good because I start breaking down pretty ugly. I had 2 stents put in last May, so get a little nervy about getting the heart rate up too high, but it actually doesn't seem to get up as high as it did pre-stent. Last night's workout was...

5m warmup to 26 spm for the last minute
4m @ 24 spm
3m @ 26 spm
2m @ 28 spm
1m @ 30 spm
2m @ 28 spm
3m @ 26 spm
4m @ 24 spm
1 minute rest between each with 10 body weight squats

On the Asensei app, coach Johan does a lot of pyramid workouts going from 20-30 spm for various lengths of time, then, just for fun, will through in some planks with your elbows resting on the seat and alternating leg lifts. He focuses on form a good bit, which is good because I start breaking down pretty ugly. I had 2 stents put in last May, so get a little nervy about getting the heart rate up too high, but it actually doesn't seem to get up as high as it did pre-stent. Last night's workout was...

5m warmup to 26 spm for the last minute
4m @ 24 spm
3m @ 26 spm
2m @ 28 spm
1m @ 30 spm
2m @ 28 spm
3m @ 26 spm
4m @ 24 spm
1 minute rest between each with 10 body weight squats
Looks like a solid routine.

Two Anja related items from today that @War Eagle and @jdtox will appreciate. 30 minute row with 1 minute intervals the whole way through. Tough one.

She says, "Right now you should feel overwhelmed." Yes, Anja. That's exactly how I feel.

Also, for the first time I heard her audibly panting and almost breathless. She is human.

Two Anja related items from today that @War Eagle and @jdtox will appreciate. 30 minute row with 1 minute intervals the whole way through. Tough one.

She says, "Right now you should feel overwhelmed." Yes, Anja. That's exactly how I feel.

Also, for the first time I heard her audibly panting and almost breathless. She is human.
Finally. Also why are you punishing yourself?

Finally. Also why are you punishing yourself?
I usually like the way I feel the best when I'm punishing myself the most lol. It was hard to click start today though.

If she is panting, I would more than likely be dead.

If she is panting, I would more than likely be dead.
Same. I've never even considered doing a 30 min row let alone with her. I'm scared even thinking about it

Same. I've never even considered doing a 30 min row let alone with her. I'm scared even thinking about it
Anja scares me.

I still haven’t done one over 20 minutes.

Anja scares me.

I still haven’t done one over 20 minutes.
Me either, thats my max. Oh and some of their music choices are questionable.

Back on my rowing routine. I've been following Dark Horse Rowing on YouTube & I use this one a lot to get a quick workout during the day multiple times a week.

Two to three times a month I will do this one

I’ve been back at it the last couple months. Been doing 700m x 7 the last few workouts with a 2.5 minute rest. Probably time to go for a few more intervals, I know they are in there.
b40d13b4d0ab1d900d435cc4ce5ef027.jpg

Back