Instant Pot and Recipes

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I thought we had a thread on this, but I couldn’t find one.

I love my instant pot, I use it a few times a month, sometimes more. Tonight I made one of my favorite dump and go meals, a 20 minute chicken burrito bowl. I have posted the recipe before in other threads but thought this was a good place for it too. Even @JB approved.

I use mine all the time. I cook chicken breasts in it for my chicken tacos, hard boil eggs (they come out of the shell perfectly every time) , chili, soups all kinds of stuff. I have the air fryer attachment that I use even more.

We use ours a lot. She has even made meals and put in freezer for later potting.

That burrito bowl looks yummy and will for sure try it.

One of our favorites is a 7 can tortilla soup.

This one is in the pot right now. Pretty simple but also tasty. Good for the 7 degree weather right now

Hard boiled eggs in the instant pot are outstanding.

This chili recipe is amazing. Yes, even with some of the ingredients seeming a little out there, it just works, and though I add fresh Serrano and Jalapeño, otherwise I run it as is.

You’ll doubt. But dammit it’s good.

Also, some mean green Chile cheddar cheese grits can be made in it.

We don't use ours enough, I'll be following along on this one.

These recipes look incredible. I feel like I need to get an Instapot in addition to an air fryer. My countertop space and wife may disagree though :LOL:

Oh I am going to be all over this thread..

Wife this week has already made vegetable beef soup and chicken lo mien in our instant pot. She's a legend.

If they have Bulgogi beef at your local Costco, cooking it in the Instant Pot is the best way. The meat comes out so tender.

This chili recipe is amazing. Yes, even with some of the ingredients seeming a little out there, it just works, and though I add fresh Serrano and Jalapeño, otherwise I run it as is.

You’ll doubt. But dammit it’s good.

Made this tonight, and still as good as ever. EXTRA Serrano’s tonight though! 😍

Ever notice how many ads you have to scroll by just to get to the actual recipe on these internet recipe pages?

Ever notice how many ads you have to scroll by just to get to the actual recipe on these internet recipe pages?
It’s annoying. Super annoying.

It's the reason I purchased the "Paprika" app on iOS. It downloads only the recipe portion of those long blog posts and saves them.

We just got an insta pot for Christmas and just started using it. Lots of good stuff in here!!!

My wife just got a cheesecake pan for our InstaPot yesterday. Can’t wait to see how it comes out.

It's the reason I purchased the "Paprika" app on iOS. It downloads only the recipe portion of those long blog posts and saves them.
What a great recommendation! Just paid for that app. Looks fantastic.

I thought we had a thread on this, but I couldn’t find one.

I love my instant pot, I use it a few times a month, sometimes more. Tonight I made one of my favorite dump and go meals, a 20 minute chicken burrito bowl. I have posted the recipe before in other threads but thought this was a good place for it too. Even @JB approved.

Going to try this tonight for dinner. Seems like a good meal on a 5* day.

What a great recommendation! Just paid for that app. Looks fantastic.

I love the Paprika App, I have it on all my devices, and then I just keep an old iPad in the kitchen and use it to reference the recipe I am making.

Going to try this tonight for dinner. Seems like a good meal on a 5* day.

I hope you like it. It's so easy, you literally just put it all in the Instant Pot and walk away. Also, I just put whole chicken breasts in there and then shred it after, no need to cut it up first, and I also mix the rice even though she says not to, I found the rice was still crunch when I didn't mix it.

Thanks. Don't know about Instant Pot but shall look into it.

My wife gets so irritated with me when putting things in the pot.

Even with the recipe saying just dump it in and don't stir. I can't help myself!

I will mix it up or will wait till she's not looking. I've been caught a few times, now she watches me put the lid on.

I go nuts if I can't stir/mix everything together.

Back