Instant Pot and Recipes

Wow, that burrito bowl looks great. I just may have to make that for dinner tonight !

My wife gets so irritated with me when putting things in the pot.

Even with the recipe saying just dump it in and don't stir. I can't help myself!

I will mix it up or will wait till she's not looking. I've been caught a few times, now she watches me put the lid on.

I go nuts if I can't stir/mix everything together.

99% of the time I do the same thing. There are a few custard/egg recipes where I won't mix because I know that will mess it up, otherwise I still mix it all together.

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
Wow, that burrito bowl looks great. I just may have to make that for dinner tonight !

It's really good, and super easy, and I noted in an earlier post that I just put whole chicken breasts in there and then shred it after, no need to cut it up first, and I also mix the rice even though she says not to, I found the rice was still crunchy when I didn't mix it.

You'll have to scroll through the vacation pics (don't ask, it's a recipe FFS, why do we need to see your vacation?) but this is awesome, especially when you do the broiler stage. I have even fried the finished meat until the liquid caramelizes.

I thought we had a thread on this, but I couldn’t find one.

I love my instant pot, I use it a few times a month, sometimes more. Tonight I made one of my favorite dump and go meals, a 20 minute chicken burrito bowl. I have posted the recipe before in other threads but thought this was a good place for it too. Even @JB approved.

Thanks! That website has lots of recipes! Not all insta pot but they look good.

My wife gets so irritated with me when putting things in the pot.

Even with the recipe saying just dump it in and don't stir. I can't help myself!

I will mix it up or will wait till she's not looking. I've been caught a few times, now she watches me put the lid on.

I go nuts if I can't stir/mix everything together.
The same!

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
Oh wow... this sounds delicious. Saving this one.
Same ingredients with pork as well?
I sub pork gravy mix for the beef au jus and onion soup mix for ranch. Ranch will probably work as well as it does with the beef, I just didn't have any when I cooked this in the instant pot. It's been a crock pot recipe that I tried in the instant pot.

I do not have an instant pot nor do I want one haha.

I do not have an instant pot nor do I want one haha.
We didn't either, but now that we have one it comes in quite handy at times. I still prefer roasts in a crockpot or oven but the ease of use factor at times comes in very handy.

Interested to see what everyone posts, I have never loved my instant pot except for soups and grains. I've never liked stews/chilli in the pot since they always come out too watery and have never seen the appeal of pasta in it.

It's really good, and super easy, and I noted in an earlier post that I just put whole chicken breasts in there and then shred it after, no need to cut it up first, and I also mix the rice even though she says not to, I found the rice was still crunchy when I didn't mix it.
Help me out just a bit... timing on recipes always throws me off but I'm new to the Instapot, mine is a Black & Decker. The 10 minutes of cook time is after it heats up/pressurizes?

Help me out just a bit... timing on recipes always throws me off but I'm new to the Instapot, mine is a Black & Decker. The 10 minutes of cook time is after it heats up/pressurizes?

That is correct. Anytime a pressure cooker/instant pot recipe gives you a time, add at least 20 minutes to it for it to pressurize and then to release the pressure after. That's one thing I always find misleading, because no one ever adds those times and they really should.

That is correct. Anytime a pressure cooker/instant pot recipe gives you a time, add at least 20 minutes to it for it to pressurize and then to release the pressure after. That's one thing I always find misleading, because no one ever adds those times and they really should.
Thanks! Almost every recipe is misleading time-wise, unless you compete on Chopped! but that Heat Up/Cool Down for the pressure cooker is a new element to consider.

I made a couple of racks of baby backs for playoff games a month or so ago and did them in two batches. The combined hour of cooking time turned into almost two... still super easy & fast but ran a little late to the party.

ps all I have had an InstaPot for 3 years now and it's still in the box. NOT OPENED............I'm a douche.

Thanks! Almost every recipe is misleading time-wise, unless you compete on Chopped! but that Heat Up/Cool Down for the pressure cooker is a new element to consider.

I made a couple of racks of baby backs for playoff games a month or so ago and did them in two batches. The combined hour of cooking time turned into almost two... still super easy & fast but ran a little late to the party.

I hate that recipe developers do that, they really should account for that time.

Here's a good Apple Crisp recipe that my wife and kids really like. Super easy and quick to make. Goes good with vanilla ice cream.

my wife used to cook in the Instapot a lot, one of my favorites was a beef tips and noodles recipe she found somewhere. She has since started training and eating like a bodybuilder so my son and I get to cook for ourselves because she's on some crazy strict diet. I guess I need to find those recipes she used.

Back