Introducing Swingbyte

I am a tinkerer, not good, not good, not good.... I can't wait for this one! This sounds like too much fun!:banana:

I am anxiously awaiting the review of this product. I will buy one if the reviews are anything decent.

This is going to be the biggest thing since Angry Birds!

I can add that we have spoken to Swingbyte and will have a full review done for everybody around the time the device launches.

I am so excited about this device. It is right up my alley. I bet you have a couple of anxious official tester's with their fingers crossed that they get to test it

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

thanks! so a small caveat before i post the numbers: we basically know everything about the club, but we focused on what numbers are of most use to a golfer. we're very open to hearing other things that you think are important, and can try to incorporate some of those into subsequent (free) app updates.

so - numbers displayed explicitly:

at address:
club loft, lie, face

at impact:
club head speed, club loft, lie, face, angle of attack, club path and tempo,

throughout the swing:
club head speed, linear acceleration, plane angle

All I can say is WOW! I can really see this being an incredible tool and if it is truly accurate I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I am so excited about this device. It is right up my alley. I bet you have a couple of anxious official tester's with their fingers crossed that they get to test it

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

No doubt! Can't wait to hear the review on this thing!

Looks amazing. Questions:

How does this device detect club loft, lie, and face? I don't understand how it could do that.

How does this device detect club head speed at impact? How does the device "know" where impact is?

Will be interested in trying the Swingbyte if the numbers are accurate.

We will cover absolutely all of this in our review as well.

this is the most exciting thing ive seen from the show this year. very interested to see how it works. I think this could help tremendously keeping track of my numbers when i practice to make sure im making the right swing when im not sitting in a simulator.

Looks amazing. Questions:

How does this device detect club loft, lie, and face? I don't understand how it could do that.

How does this device detect club head speed at impact? How does the device "know" where impact is?

Will be interested in trying the Swingbyte if the numbers are accurate.

when you put it on, you need to put on at the "3 o'clock" position - so when you're looking down the shaft, it'll be on the trailing edge of the shaft. once that's done, and you tell us what type of club you use, we can calculate the rest.

when you hit something with a golf club, it vibrates in your hands - we look for that vibration and mark that as the impact. that's enough for us to do the math!

thanks! so a small caveat before i post the numbers: we basically know everything about the club, but we focused on what numbers are of most use to a golfer. we're very open to hearing other things that you think are important, and can try to incorporate some of those into subsequent (free) app updates.

so - numbers displayed explicitly:

at address:
club loft, lie, face

at impact:
club head speed, club loft, lie, face, angle of attack, club path and tempo,

throughout the swing:
club head speed, linear acceleration, plane angle

The one thing I see missing from this is DISTANCE and DIRECTION of shot.....since you know Clubhead speed, loft, lie, face, path and attack angle....couldn't you calculate distance and direction of the ball from those?

No. Spin is missing.
The one thing I see missing from this is DISTANCE and DIRECTION of shot.....since you know Clubhead speed, loft, lie, face, path and attack angle....couldn't you calculate distance and direction of the ball from those?

when you put it on, you need to put on at the "3 o'clock" position - so when you're looking down the shaft, it'll be on the trailing edge of the shaft. once that's done, and you tell us what type of club you use, we can calculate the rest.

when you hit something with a golf club, it vibrates in your hands - we look for that vibration and mark that as the impact. that's enough for us to do the math!

I am like most and looking forward to the release of this product. One question based on a previous post: So if you hit the ground just before impact which would cause vibration how does that distort the numbers if at all.

Thanks and welcome to the forum.

TapAhoy!

One thing I think people are getting a little mixed up with is they are looking at this from the standpoint of it replacing a launch monitor. However this really is not meant to be that device. It is meant to be a swing device, with quite a bit of information behind it.

I'm excited to see this product I think it could help me see my inconsistent swing in another way.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I am like most and looking forward to the release of this product. One question based on a previous post: So if you hit the ground just before impact which would cause vibration how does that distort the numbers if at all.

Thanks and welcome to the forum.

TapAhoy!

depending on how far behind you hit it, the numbers may get distorted. there a few things we do to clean up the data that we see around impact, but if your divot starts 6" behind the ball (like mine), then the numbers we show will be for a ball that would have sat in the middle of that divot.

One thing I think people are getting a little mixed up with is they are looking at this from the standpoint of it replacing a launch monitor. However this really is not meant to be that device. It is meant to be a swing device, with quite a bit of information behind it.

And I think that's awesome! Way more useful to me than a launch monitor for day-to-day practice. Super-stoked to read more about this!

Any indication on when this is being released? I signed up on their site for updates, but just interested on when we might be able to get these in our hands as I will be running out and buying one asap.

Just found this thread and this thing looks awesome. It's only a matter of time before we have a full trackman capable unit that displays on our smartphone for under $200.

I'd take this OVER a launch monitor as a learning tool personally. Plane, path, angle of attack, etc. in a 3D visual format is amazing for $149. What a product.

Thanks for the vid JB. Looking forward to the full review.

Will there be a charge for the App, and is there a pricepoint for the online analytics yet?

I am so excited to read this review. I can't remember being this excited for a peripheral piece of golf equipment. This is a probably first day buy for me

I am so excited to read this review. I can't remember being this excited for a peripheral piece of golf equipment. This is a probably first day buy for me

Same here. I just hope it's half as good as it sounds. This could be revolutionary for practicing.

I skimmed so this might have been covered. Does this work with a netbook (small laptop)? I have an iPad but I'd much prefer to use my netbook when I'm using it at home.

Back