It's Official - THP Fall Outing Announcement

Flight is booked. Woo-hoo!

Arriving Friday around noon and leaving Monday morning. No time constraints for the Sunday round, so all is gooood.

Glad you'll be able to make it. It'll be good to see some familiar faces at this shindig as well as meeting new ones.

Flights are booked!!

Arriving Thursday around 6pm and leaving Tuesday around 2pm. A little extra to take in the resort! And maybe an extra round of golf???

Flights are booked!!

Arriving Thursday around 6pm and leaving Tuesday around 2pm. A little extra to take in the resort! And maybe an extra round of golf???

Very nice... what route did you decide to take?

Very nice... what route did you decide to take?

Went with Continental (one stop in Houston). Got tickets there and back for $850 CAD. Seemed like an awesome deal.

Went with Continental. Got tickets there and back for $850. Seemed like an awesome deal.

Cool beans... looking forward to meeting you. Of course you do know that you are now the main reason why people shouldn't have a crappy excuse for missing this outing right? :D

Went with Continental (one stop in Houston). Got tickets there and back for $850 CAD. Seemed like an awesome deal.

Way to go 9IM. We look forward to meeting you.

Cool beans... looking forward to meeting you. Of course you do know that you are now the main reason why people shouldn't have a crappy excuse for missing this outing right? :D

Looking forward to meeting you too Spanks as well as everybody else!

Yay!! I'm an inspiration!! :D Seriously though this is going to be an awesome time. Good people, good golf, what else could you ask for?

Looking forward to meeting you too Spanks as well as everybody else!

Yay!! I'm an inspiration!! :D Seriously though this is going to be an awesome time. Good people, good golf, what else could you ask for?

good weather!

glad that you are making the trek 9IM, can't wait to meet you and have a great time.

good weather!

glad that you are making the trek 9IM, can't wait to meet you and have a great time.

Good call TC!! Looking forward to meeting you too!

I will be booking later today....
Problem is this.....I know a lot of people are staying until Monday, thus there should be plenty of opportunity to find someone to room with that is coming in Friday and staying for 3 nights...
Problem is that I want to come in on Thursday for an extra round on Friday... (one of the 5 we wont play on Sat, Sun or Mon), but am not sure who will be coming in a day early to room with...

I see that 9IM is coming in Thursday and wanting to play an extra round on Friday.....Anyone else?? If I cant find a roomie for Thurs night (preferably all 4 nights) then I might cut my flight back a day and fly in Friday

I am sure JB and GG will work the logistics, but since we are making plane trips now, maybe we need to make sure there are enough pairings for the days everyone are flying into....
Something like a q&d spreadsheet for a quick headcount....

JB?? (I have no problems running with it if you would like....unless you dont think it will be an issue and then I will just keep my big fat trap shut and book my flights anyway...lol) :beat-up:

bama,
We wont have any problems with pairings on Saturday or Sunday rounds. Those are the THP rounds and we are going to do some fun things.

bama,
We wont have any problems with pairings on Saturday or Sunday rounds. Those are the THP rounds and we are going to do some fun things.

yeah....and from the looks of things, there are enough people staying Sunday night as well, so rooming should not be an issue.....

I just dont want to be stuck for a single rate on Thursday night when I fly in if I dont have to.....

You should be all right. As more people start to officially book airfare, roomates will start to take shape.

How are 4-somes going to be determined?

I know a lot of people want to play with certian people but that would become a logistical nightmare (and even a little clicky).

How are 4-somes going to be determined?

I know a lot of people want to play with certian people but that would become a logistical nightmare (and even a little clicky).

Its a very rare case when it is good to be in charge. This is not one of those times either. GG and I will be determining 4 somes.

Those awaiting emails to book your rooms at the resort, should be getting them this week. We have a great crowd so far with just short of 30.

Those awaiting emails to book your rooms at the resort, should be getting them this week. We have a great crowd so far with just short of 30.

Does that count just golfers? or non-golfing pairs?

Does that count just golfers? or non-golfing pairs?

It is all people coming to the outing. Due to the dinner, we have to pretty much limiit it to 50 total. Most will be playing golf from what we gather so far. Maybe by the time we are full, a handfull or so will not be. But that is okay, we will still have more than 10 foursomes it looks like.

JB said:
Its a very rare case when it is good to be in charge. This is not one of those times either. GG and I will be determining 4 somes.

I got the big head about driving the ball a long ways, so JB paired with Biggsy and CRucker to give me some perspective. I didn't even try to hit it far with those guys.

We are going to get creative for the outing. It wont be tournament style, but it will be some really fun games...Where ALL handicap levels are equally included.

I got the big head about driving the ball a long ways, so JB paired with Biggsy and CRucker to give me some perspective. I didn't even try to hit it far with those guys.

Must. Resist. Mancrushing on. Biggsy's length...

Fail

Must. Resist. Mancrushing on. Biggsy's length...

Fail

The one thing about biggsy, that is great, is he NEVER says a freaking word about it. On the forums or while playing. Just goes about his business and has a great time. So many long hitters have to find a way to "prove themselves", and biggsy is nothing like that. It does not matter that he is playing 6 iron and I am playing 3 wood, you would never know it.

JB said:
The one thing about biggsy, that is great, is he NEVER says a freaking word about it. On the forums or while playing. Just goes about his business and has a great time. So many long hitters have to find a way to "prove themselves", and biggsy is nothing like that. It does not matter that he is playing 6 iron and I am plyaing 3 wood, you would never know it.

Truth!

The one thing about biggsy, that is great, is he NEVER says a freaking word about it. On the forums or while playing. Just goes about his business and has a great time. So many long hitters have to find a way to "prove themselves", and biggsy is nothing like that. It does not matter that he is playing 6 iron and I am playing 3 wood, you would never know it.

i can attest to both of the above!

biggsy's a great golfing buddy. he just likes to see good golf shots and he'll be your biggest supporter whilst out there. he won't even tell you what he's hitting unless you ask him.

How are 4-somes going to be determined? I know a lot of people want to play with certian people but that would become a logistical nightmare (and even a little clicky).

If the other outing is any indication, who you get grouped with doesn't matter. I had a great grouping both days.

Back