L.A.B. Directed Force Putters

I recently purchased a Link.1 based on their remote fitting suggestions. I’ve had it out twice and for the first time in 6 years I have a new putter in the bag that will stay. I putted so well with it that one of the guys bought a Mezz.1.

I recently purchased a Link.1 based on their remote fitting suggestions. I’ve had it out twice and for the first time in 6 years I have a new putter in the bag that will stay. I putted so well with it that one of the guys bought a Mezz.1.
I tried the Link.1 a couple weeks ago. If I went blade, it would be a Link.1

Picked up a mezz max broomstick… my putting can’t get any worse right?

Anyone have a broom stick?

I have a couple of different broomsticks. I have a Scotty Futura broomstick that is about 20 years old. I also have a Ping B90 broomstick. I used the broom for quite a few years until the anchoring ban came in. I am thinking about committing to the full time broom next year. I feel like I need something a bit shorter than 48” without anchoring. I am not sure if I will cut down my Scotty or pick up a LAB.

Are you guys going to make me dig up the pictures on my own.
Ha, I'm just trying to respect whatever embargo there might be.

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts comparing the both of them, they look so different at address.

Saw a picture of the Direct Force 3.0! 😳 It’s interesting.
Will be out in Feb is what i was told. I will be curious to see how it compares to the DF. The DF is so forgiving it is crazy.

I did another 1.5 hours of practice today. I really focused on 10-15ft range putts and set up. I can honestly say i have never rolled the ball better and speed control was excellent today. I also practiced long putts and putting out and had zero 3 putts. I am lagging into a distance that i am giving myself comfortable second putts.

Wasn't sure if any of you knew there is a facebook group, LAB Golf Putter Fan Club-Directed force2.1, Mezz1, Mezz Max,Link.1. Just look it up and ask to join. Members post a lot of tips and there are always people selling LAB putters. Sam Hahn actually comments every now and then

Wasn't sure if any of you knew there is a facebook group, LAB Golf Putter Fan Club-Directed force2.1, Mezz1, Mezz Max,Link.1. Just look it up and ask to join. Members post a lot of tips and there are always people selling LAB putters. Sam Hahn actually comments every now and then
I almost bought one out of that group. Some deals to be had sometimes for sure.

Will be out in Feb is what i was told. I will be curious to see how it compares to the DF. The DF is so forgiving it is crazy.

I did another 1.5 hours of practice today. I really focused on 10-15ft range putts and set up. I can honestly say i have never rolled the ball better and speed control was excellent today. I also practiced long putts and putting out and had zero 3 putts. I am lagging into a distance that i am giving myself comfortable second putts.
This is probably the first putter I've used that I felt made me better. Feel is a pretty subjective thing, but there's a certain level of confidence you can take from being able to trust that the face will stay square and hit your intended line and focus on distance control. 0 3-putt rounds is a number I'll be chasing in 2024!

Spent some time on the mirror this morning - noticed that my set-up and eyeline had crept outside the ball, and once corrected, results were much better. Another thing I’m liking about this putter is the fact that from working on some lag putting at home, I’m more often a little past the target compared to being short, which was a big problem for me this season. More than happy to take the static on how this thing looks if it continues to build this confidence.

I love my Mezz max, but am so curious about the leaked new Lab putter. Going to have to find one to try as soon as it comes out.

32 putts on some tough greens today. No birds though even though I had some great looks. Burned some edges but kept the speed in check. Monday is usually my day for putting practice but I played so will hit the greens tomorrow for a few hours!

Good day today with the DF. My match came down to some key putts and I made them. I had one nice birdie and lipped out 2 other putts for par. Very tough greens to putt on today.

Well I had a day with the DF today! I played with @Wildcat @MagicSpell and @BB Fan Girl for the first round of the year. 32 total putts and no 3 putts were made. Speed control was the absolute best I have ever had. I made 3 birds on the front 9 and just missed 2 more on the front and 2 on the back. This is how it went today!

Hole 1 sunk a 25 footer for birdie
Hole 3 sunk a 35 footer from off the green for birdie
Hole 5 sunk a 30 footer to save par from off the green
Hole 7 sunk a 30 footer for birdie
Hole 8 left the birdie from 50 feet about a foot short
Hole 9 birdie putt went right around the back of the hole

Shot 2 under on the front 9.

Back 9 my reads were good just nothing dropping. @Wildcat and @MagicSpell told me I was getting to close to the pin I was not in my range lol. It was a super fun day final score 34-43 for 77.

Another round with 32 putts and 1 birdie. I had 5 one putts and great speed control. Lag putts have been really good. I’ll be out for putting practice tomorrow even in the cold.

Got over to the indoor facility with enough time this afternoon to run through the Stack putting app on the practice green they have there. My strokes gained is usually pretty terrible there, as I have difficulties adjusting to the speed there compared to my mat at home, but one big takeaway from tonight is just how much more comfortable over the ball I am with this putter. Only 2 3-putts tonight, both due to speed control on downhill putts, and missing the comeback, but I’ll take 14 2-putts on tricky layouts all day. We’re scheduled to play once a week for the next 10 weeks, so I’ll be able to get some practice in on green reading and get prepped for the season.

I did not track the putt count today during the match play. I didn’t have any 3 putts and I had one birdie today from 20 ft. I lipped out a few par saves and my speed was good. On hole 17 we had a 195 yard or 3. I went long left. I chipped up and got it on the green to about 15 feet away. I was 1up on the 17th and my opponent was putting for par from about 12 feet. The DF did not let me down I sunk that par save to win the match! Having confidence in my putter has been a game changer. I don’t even stress putting at all anymore.

32 putts today. I had 18 on the front nice with some really close 1 putts. The back got better and I had a birdie and 3 other 1 putts. Will have slow greens tomorrow with the rain. Looking forward to that test tomorrow to see how I do.

Rolled a few putts today at the local big-box store and it was pretty noticeable in the difference in stability, and off-center strikes between the DF and some other putters. I don’t regret going with the up charge Accra, as it feels a little smoother to me than the stock stepped steel shaft. Really looking forward to getting back over to that indoor place next week and running through the Stack putting app.

3 birds dropped today with 31 putts and a total of 7 one putts. I made a few par save from 20 ft today that really helped me keep a nice round going.

Today’s round was 32 putts with 6 one putts. I had 4 birds on the front 9 and just missed two on the back. I did have one 3 putt today After being on the green I regulation. I really dig this putter!

Got over to the sim place in plenty of time to run through the Stack putting app, and had a much improved performance. Really feeling like this putter is going to play well for me, especially when I get back on putting surfaces with speeds I’m a bit more used to. Got a few to drop for me last night, and despite the static from my playing partners, this one will be staying in the bag. I’ve been working a bit with the laser level I ordered, as I think I’ve been setting the face open at address, which may have been causing some of those pushes, and it’s nice to see some improvement there.
IMG_9166.png

Got over to the sim place in plenty of time to run through the Stack putting app, and had a much improved performance. Really feeling like this putter is going to play well for me, especially when I get back on putting surfaces with speeds I’m a bit more used to. Got a few to drop for me last night, and despite the static from my playing partners, this one will be staying in the bag. I’ve been working a bit with the laser level I ordered, as I think I’ve been setting the face open at address, which may have been causing some of those pushes, and it’s nice to see some improvement there.
View attachment 9240489
I need to try the Stack putting. I should dig into that this week.

I dropped another bird yesterday and made some longer par saves also. I have been rolling the ball well but a more focused practice session would be awesome.

I need to try the Stack putting. I should dig into that this week.

I dropped another bird yesterday and made some longer par saves also. I have been rolling the ball well but a more focused practice session would be awesome.
I really like what the putting part of the app has to offer. It better simulates for me the types of putts I’m probably going to see, and I felt much more confident before the rounds I used it as a warm-up at the tail end of last year. Nice to get an idea of your common errors and work on those!

Not my best day with the DF I had 37 putts with only 1 birdie. I missed 4 birds and 2 of those lipped out. Back on the putting green Tuesday and wed!

Back