L.A.B. Directed Force Putters

So putting is something I have struggled with a lot. I have had many different putters and nothing that I just loved or I thought was the one. After watching @Jank drain everything with his DF I started reading about the LAB putters. I could not try @Jank as he is lefty but I was curious. I wanted to get fit and see if I thought they would work.I really liked the look of the MEZZ and had zero intention of getting a DF.

We have a local fitter at one of the courses I go to so I set it up. He uses a Sam putt lab and has the DF as the fitting club. My fitting was easy and I needed a 34.75 in length with a 72 lie angle.He had some putters I could try outside on the greens. I tried a standard MEZZ and a MEZZ Max. He had a DF arrive two days after my fitting so I went back and spent some time on the putting Green with that also to try it.

The more I used DF the more I liked it. I made more putts my lage were so much closer and I was rolling the ball on my start lines and end over end. I really kind of stood on the green shaking my head as I wanted the MEZZ MAX but the DF was the right putter if I was going to buy one. I went back 3-4 more times to try them all and with the different shafts. I even went over to the PGASS to roll them inside and see how they felt. Each time the DF outperformed the MEZZ hands down.

I decided I was going to try it out. I ordered a DF 2.1 with the Accra shaft and the press 3* grip. Two weeks after i ordered it arrived this last Tuesday. I picked it up that day and spent 2 hours putting. I practiced 2 more times this week and the played Sat and today. I had 31 putts on Sat with my very first on course putt a birdie from 18 feet. Todays round was 29 putts with 10 one putts. I just missed a few birds today and had 2 three putts. I made a lot of par saves to shoot a 79. I made some nice 6- footers with total confidence today.

The size doesn’t even faze me. I played with @MSEASU @MagicSpell & @Wildcat today. I might have caught a little bit of grief on it but I think they would agree i have not putted like that my e ever. I know @Wildcat has a nickname for it lmao!
IMG_3885.jpegIMG_3886.jpegIMG_3887.jpegIMG_3888.jpegIMG_3890.jpeg

So putting is something I have struggled with a lot. I have had many different putters and nothing that I just loved or I thought was the one. After watching @Jank drain everything with his DF I started reading about the LAB putters. I could not try @Jank as he is lefty but I was curious. I wanted to get fit and see if I thought they would work.I really liked the look of the MEZZ and had zero intention of getting a DF.

We have a local fitter at one of the courses I go to so I set it up. He uses a Sam putt lab and has the DF as the fitting club. My fitting was easy and I needed a 34.75 in length with a 72 lie angle.He had some putters I could try outside on the greens. I tried a standard MEZZ and a MEZZ Max. He had a DF arrive two days after my fitting so I went back and spent some time on the putting Green with that also to try it.

The more I used DF the more I liked it. I made more putts my lage were so much closer and I was rolling the ball on my start lines and end over end. I really kind of stood on the green shaking my head as I wanted the MEZZ MAX but the DF was the right putter if I was going to buy one. I went back 3-4 more times to try them all and with the different shafts. I even went over to the PGASS to roll them inside and see how they felt. Each time the DF outperformed the MEZZ hands down.

I decided I was going to try it out. I ordered a DF 2.1 with the Accra shaft and the press 3* grip. Two weeks after i ordered it arrived this last Tuesday. I picked it up that day and spent 2 hours putting. I practiced 2 more times this week and the played Sat and today. I had 31 putts on Sat with my very first on course putt a birdie from 18 feet. Todays round was 29 putts with 10 one putts. I just missed a few birds today and had 2 three putts. I made a lot of par saves to shoot a 79. I made some nice 6- footers with total confidence today.

The size doesn’t even faze me. I played with @MSEASU @MagicSpell & @Wildcat today. I might have caught a little bit of grief on it but I think they would agree i have not putted like that my e ever. I know @Wildcat has a nickname for it lmao!
View attachment 9221140View attachment 9221141View attachment 9221142View attachment 9221143View attachment 9221144
Independent of the "grief" at @Doubleb21 's expense, he rolled that putter very well today. You could tell this putter boosted his confidence tremendously. Inside 6 feet was super solid. I even saw pretty good improvement in his lag putts.

He generously let me try the new putter on the practice green before the round. I really liked how the design of the putter already incorporated the forward press! I kept trying to add forward press but the putter quickly showed me I didn't need more. Ponder mode engaged :)

View attachment 9221140View attachment 9221141View attachment 9221142View attachment 9221143View attachment 9221144
Game changer for @Doubleb21 . Went from mediocre putter to way above avg.

The Creamsicle!!!!

I have spent another 2.5 hours on the greens this week with DF. Lag putting is getting better and I am still dropping the mirror down for proper setup. I have a lot of golf coming up in the next week and will have a variety of greens from really nice to kind of slow. After last weekend my confidence is up with the putter. I’m looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Wet greens for a bit today. I had 34 putts with 3 one putts. My start lines were good but I was hesitant on some side hill putts getting it close. Playing the same course tomorrow so will give it another go and see if I can do better.

Better day with the DF. Today was 32 putts with 2 birdies. The last birdie was 20 feet out and center cup when it dropped in. My lag putting today was really good no issues coming up super short. I had 3 or 4 that went right by the edge. my ability with this putter to get on my start line is excellent. I can’t explain why the DF works so well for me but I’m liking what I how I am putting right now.

I actually did their remote fitting for a Link 1 this past week they got back to me within the same business day and answered questions I had.

I actually did their remote fitting for a Link 1 this past week they got back to me within the same business day and answered questions I had.
That putter really impressed me a couple weeks ago.

Played a tough course today with fast greens and heavy wind. 35 putts with no birds lol. I lipped out two birds and 3 par putts. I had zero 3 putts today. My speed control on greens like this has never been better. I did leave myself one 10 footer for par i left short. It was downhill and i just talked myself out of the speed i wanted. I drained it center cup for par. Putting kept me at in the 70's today i shot a 79.

Another round done with the DF. 31 putts with 7 one putts. I did miss two birds today I left one about 2 inches short and one lipped out around the cup. My chipping was really good so that helps with the one putts! The greens were quick and I got a bit cautious a few times. The DF is working really well for me. Looking forward to the weekend rounds.

Today’s round was 29 putts with 7 one putts and no 3 putts. I was scrambling all day and had lots confidence on those par saving putts. The Snowbird that was paired with us told me I better not ever take the DF out of the bag. It Was the best part of my game today. Putting was never even close to being a strong point for me.

I really dig this putter. It’s super stable, and I’m much more confident that I’ll be able to get the ball started on line on those 3-6’ putts that plagued me this year. I’ve been adding in some gate work along with the nightly drills that Cody gave me earlier this season and I’ve got a good feeling about the flatstick being much less of a struggle point for me next season.

I really dig this putter. It’s super stable, and I’m much more confident that I’ll be able to get the ball started on line on those 3-6’ putts that plagued me this year. I’ve been adding in some gate work along with the nightly drills that Cody gave me earlier this season and I’ve got a good feeling about the flatstick being much less of a struggle point for me next season.

That 3-6 foot range has changed for me completely also!

Are you tracking stats other than just putts per round?

No sir I don’t have anything for that. The putts per round is something I always have done just on the scorecard.

No sir I don’t have anything for that. The putts per round is something I always have done just on the scorecard.
Gotcha. That was one thing I missed about giving up on the X5 was losing that data on the distances I was struggling with, but give or take it was anything over than about 2’ 😂

IMG_8876.png
Got over to the sim place a bit early today as they have a large indoor putting green and I wanted to see if the work at home has been paying off. The practice green there is pretty heavily contoured (much more than greens I’m used to playing), and FAST. The 3 putts all came from downhill putts from the 6-15’ range, and missing them gave me about a 15’ comeback putt 🤯. Despite what the stats say, I felt pretty good with this thing in hand tonight and didn’t miss a putt from that 3-4’ range.

DF knocked down 5 birdie putts today.

...and suffered two 3-putts.

But let's just celebrate the positive.

Willy Z putting this in play will be huge for them.

34 putts today with 19 on the front 9 with 3 three putts and 15 on the back 9. The greens were brutal fast. I did have 5 one putts today. It took me a bit to really get a feel for the super fast greens. I did drain a 45 footer to save par on a par 5 which was really cool. That is my longest putt made with the DF!

14 putts on the 9 today with 4 one putts and a birdie!

I have put about 4 hours into practicing on the greens this week. Lots and lots of mirror work reinforcing my set up position. I also spent quite a bit of time doing side hill putts working on the speed. I kept leaving those under the cup and really needed to work on that. Had to get outside while it was 73* out and sunny!

Back